Quantcast Anybody ever been to Sesame Place?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anybody ever been to Sesame Place?

Hey everybody! We're thinking of packing up and heading out to Sesame Place for a long weekend in August or September... It really depends on $$$ right now. We have a 2 year old. She LOVES Elmo. (Don't all 2 year olds?) I haven't found any real planning sites for the Place and I'd be interesting in hearing of anybody else's experience there. Does it get really busy? Has anyone done the character breakfast? Any and all input would be much appreciated...
    Last edited by disneykid@hrt; 05-16-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We have gone several times. It was a blast. Character were good with my son. We have gone in July and end of May. It was very busy in July. End of Aug maybe less busy .

As for the character meals, we have done lunch and breakfast. My opinion, breakast was better. Only reason I say this was after a hot day in the sun lunch was not something we wanted to do Yes it was cool in there (very cold after being wet and coming into an AC room) but not feeling up to par from being in the sun.

2 day is plenty to do this place. Can be done in one day but we found spreading it out worked for us. I had a less cranky boy.

We stay in Holiday express which is only 2 blocks away. It was clean and we had no issues. It did have an outside small pool. There is a Motel 6 across the street from this hotel.

If you google Bucks county in PA it will have a tourism website that is helpful.

PM if you want to see pic that I have on this place

Post Thanks / Like

We don't live too far away from there, but we've never been. My DS7 was never into Sesame, much to my disappointment. You are coming from far away, so you might want to add some other local interests to your trip. If you have any questions about Philly or Valley Forge or Lancaster, let me know. I'll be glad to give you suggestions for family-friendly places to visit to supplement your Sesame trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We were thinking about checking out Hershey maybe too. Is that a 2 or 1 day park??
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to Sesame Place a couple of times. The first we did it in 2 days next trip we did one. Same with Hershey.

We are actually going back to Hershey in August on our way back from DC. DD is too big for Sesame Place.

But certainly great for a 2 year old.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

We've done both several times. I definately think Sesame is a one day park if you plan on arriving early. My kids absolutely love this park. We don't do too many of the dry rides because same we have several places near home with the same types of rides. We stick to the water attractions, parade and shows. It really is a fun place to take your little ones.

Having done Hershey before, it can probably be done in one day. But if you haven't been before, I'd try to make it 2 days.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

You can get an Annual Pass at Sesame Place which will let you into Busch Gardens FL and VA and also into Sea World. (Cheaper than buying an AP through the other Busch parks)
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We just to PA for a little getaway and found MC Donalds in PA has coupons for Sesame Place. Also Hershey Park coupon are at the local Dunkin Doughnuts. I grabbed a few to give to any of my friends who want them.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done a two day trip to Sesame Place every summer for the past 3 or 4 years. My kids love it. I highly recommend the Sheraton which is right outside the park (you can see it from almost anywhere inside the park)...the beds in that place are SOOOOOO comfortable. I think 2 days is ideal. It's definitely do-able in 1 day but I think it is much better in two. We just got back a couple of weeks ago and again had a blast.
    '74 Contemporary
    '76 Contemporary

'90 CBR
    '97 Off Site
    '00 Swan
    '05 GF
    '08 GF RPC
    '09 GF RPC-Short SURPRISE trip for kids
    '11 GF RPC

'12 Contemporary
    '14 GF RPC
    '15 DL VGC
    '16 VGF

Post Thanks / Like

Default Since this thread has popped up again

I thought I'd ask about a Mall that was either across from Sesame Pl or Hershey Pk, just can't remember which. We leave in 2 weeks.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: