Quantcast World Cup 2010! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    The official report on why the goal was disallowed was "a foul on Edu" before the goal. Really? Nobody saw why the goal was disallowed except for Slovenia's manager, who said something to the effect of "There was a lot of pushing in the box and the ref saw the Americans pushing our guys around". Really? Isn't that what happens during those types of situations?

Sorry about the draw against Algeria. Haven't watched it yet, but I will tonight. The best situation now is for the U.S. and England to win their next matches so we can both go through.

Davy. In all honesty don't waste your time watching the England game tonight. Their performance was quite embarrassing for players of their stature.

I still think they'll qualify but on this performance there is no way we can win this competition.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Is anyone else completely bothered by that incessant buzzing? I had to turn a few matches off just because I couldn't take it anymore.
    Sorry folks i have just come back from Florida and just as well ,the way England are playing

Scar i personally love the vuvusalas ,for me it brings some atmosphere to the matches and makes this World Cup unique .
    I also have to congratulate ESPNS coverage of the World Cup . I have to say David Ley is an excellent anchorman as well as Lalas as a pundit was very impressed watching it while i was there .
    I am also glad the USA had that goal dissallowed cos it gave you guys something to play over and over again instead of Robert " the cat " Greens mishap in the USA game
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

How was your trip, Raider? Hope you had tons of fun over there!

For me, personally, I like the vuvuzelas! I truly don't even notice them when I'm watching the match. This is how I feel about it: It's part of the culture of South African football, so it would be wrong to silence them. It would be like having the World Cup in England and then telling the crowds that they cannot sing or chant during the matches. It would detract from the atmosphere and festivities of the matches, and the Cup as well. But that's just my opinion, of course.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How was your trip, Raider? Hope you had tons of fun over there!

For me, personally, I like the vuvuzelas! I truly don't even notice them when I'm watching the match. This is how I feel about it: It's part of the culture of South African football, so it would be wrong to silence them. It would be like having the World Cup in England and then telling the crowds that they cannot sing or chant during the matches. It would detract from the atmosphere and festivities of the matches, and the Cup as well. But that's just my opinion, of course.
    Davy ...Cheers mate i had a lovely time ....The weather out there was in the high 90s sometimes hitting over 100f .
    Like i said i must commend ESPN on their coverage its better than in England
    Lets hope both the USA & England get through this week
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I'm getting used to them, or if the fans are getting tired, but the horns don't seem as bothersome as earlier in the tournament.

And this joke about the disallowed goal is one of the reasons why association football will never catch on over here. Here it is four days later and we still have no explanation why it was disallowed. FIFA said they would reveiw it, well have they? I haven't heard anything.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I didn't get to see the game, but based on what I was able to follow on the Game Tracker and from all the comments on the discussion forum on ESPN.com it seems like I missed a doozy of a performance by the U.S.!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ... I missed a doozy of a performance by the U.S.!
    Mostly but, USA came out with their trademark sloppy start and was lucky to not be down 1-0. They pretty much dominated the rest of the match, but couldn’t get the ball in the net… chance after chance after chance (well, except the one that was again mysteriously disallowed.) They deserved that win three times over, I’m very drained right now.

And this joke about the disallowed goal is one of the reasons why association football will never catch on over here.
    Need to reiterate… In talking with some casual fans most are (basicaly) saying “what’s the point in watching a soccer game when the refs can manipulate the game with no accountability?”

Let's go Germany!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Let's go Germany!
    Actually, after looking at the group, the best for USA would be a Ghana win and then an outright win in the other match to knock Germany out and the USA would play either Serbia or Australia. But both those things aren't going to happen so... go Germany!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Need to reiterate… In talking with some casual fans most are (basicaly) saying “what’s the point in watching a soccer game when the refs can manipulate the game with no accountability?”
    Well just remember ... in the USA that's called "basketball."
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well just remember ... in the USA that's called "basketball."
    LOL!!!!!

Great win by the US! Many of us were going crazy here at work!! Glad that the U.S. and England both made it through!!

Excited to see who we'll be up against next!!!

"When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Great results for England and the USA

England v Germany is going to be a stomper but if it goes to penalties we will be out

USA v Ghana and i think you have a brilliant chance to get through .....

Should be an excellent weekend ..Good luck all
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

By topping the group USA have an excellent chance to get to the Quarter Final.

England on the other hand have to meet the old foe Germany.

Cue endless showings of 1966 and the goal that never was. The penalty shootout heartbreaks of 1990 & 1996. However I always enjoy seeing the 5-1 drubbing we gave them on their own turf.

Should be a great weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I wouldn't want to be in Italy tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    England v Germany is going to be a stomper but if it goes to penalties we will be out

USA v Ghana and i think you have a brilliant chance to get through .....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reservoir Dog View Post
    By topping the group USA have an excellent chance to get to the Quarter Final.

England on the other hand have to meet the old foe Germany.
    Yea, huge difference between the top halves of those brackets. You get Germany and then (hopefully) either Argentina or Mexico. For US it's Ghana and Uruguay or S. Korea. Huge.
    Jeff

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointed England weren't able to win the group, we were poor against Algeria and didn't deserve any more than the 0-0. On the other hand I thought we should have won against USA in terms of performance and should have had more than 1-0 against Slovenia in a game where we could have scored 3 or 4. If we had managed to better either of those results we'd have topped the group and avoided Germany in the next round. That said USA can argue that it should have been 3-2 to them against Slovenia as they had what looked a perfectly good goal ruled out at the end after a very impressive comeback.

England v Germany is too close to call, in their opening game Germany looked scarily good but the defeat to Serbia shows they aren't invincible. I didn't see their game against Ghana so can't comment on the performance there. We have played them a lot of times over the years and it tends to go to extra time and penalties quite often, unfortunately we don't have a very good record at penalties. We did however beat them 5-1 in 2002 and of course won when we faced them in the final of 1966.

USA v Ghana will also be a close one. Neither team are particularly well known in terms of soccer and both will think they have an excellent chance to go through. If I had to make a prediction however then I think USA 2-1 Ghana.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Embarrassing.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah I didn't get why the announcers kept talking about how the U.S. team could hold their heads up high and be proud ... I thought they played like absolute dirt against an inferior team.

They looked like they wanted to be just about anywhere else more than where they were.

Scar said it best ... embarrassing ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

It looked like we left the defense back at our hotels for this match. Why is it that we need to allow the other team to score first before we decide to play? We did this the entire Cup. The best word I can use to describe our performance this tourney is inconsistent. Arrgghh.

I am disappointed, but I am also very proud of our guys! It was a nerve wracking yet enjoyable Cup for me as a US supporter! At least my other team is still in it. It's up to you, Spain, to make me happy again!

Post Thanks / Like

It looked like we left the defense back at our hotels for this match. Why is it that we need to allow the other team to score first before we decide to play? We did this the entire Cup. The best word I can use to describe our performance this tourney is inconsistent. Arrgghh.

I am disappointed, but I am also very proud of our guys! It was a nerve wracking yet enjoyable Cup for me as a US supporter! At least my other team is still in it. It's up to you, Spain, to make me happy again!
    A very poor defensive display for both goals Such a shame because I thought you were going to take them in the second half.

Let's hope England can defeat the old enemy today. The whole of England has been going crazy in anticipation to today's game.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after a day to think about it, and after England's loss (sorry Mates,) the US needs to fire Bradley and hire Klinsmann before England does.

Give him whatever he wants.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Well, after a day to think about it, and after England's loss (sorry Mates,) the US needs to fire Bradley and hire Klinsmann before England does.

Give him whatever he wants.
    Sorry about the loss, England. Who knows how the goal that was taken away from you would've affected the rest of the match.

Although Klinsmann would be a solid choice for the U.S., I'm not sure if he would be the best. Really, I'm not sure who would be. What I do know is that we need a coach who doesn't have an American mindset to managing the team, but an international one. But I'm not sure who that person is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: