Quantcast What's all the fuss about____________? (fill in nbame of ride) - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Its not a ride but I though Lights, Motors, Action was completely boring.,..my son loved it so maybe its a guy thing
    Nope, not a guy thing. I'm a guy. I was bored. Never again.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Soarin - it's a need ride, but I do not understand the 60+ minute wait that it has.....daily.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

The (late) 20K Leagues Under the Sea Ride.

Not that people "rave" about it now, but people sure do like to complain about how it's gone...and I thought that ride was SOOOO boring.

And, I expect flames from this one, but:

The New Nemo Submarine Voyage at DLR. I've ridden it twice. The first time, it was okay because it was "new". The second time...I would have fallen asleep if not for the INSANELY loud sirens and audio narration...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The transit Authority has to be the most lame and boring...

Post Thanks / Like

My family doesn't understand the fuss about the
    Nemo Ride or Pooh's Adventures.

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

The Winnie the Pooh dark ride....wow. They could have done SOMETHING to make it interesting! I must say, that's probably the dumbest ride in all of WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan...

Tomorrowland Speedway..

Star Tours..

Nemo...(The quality of the musical and Turtle Talk makes it still a win for the movie's influence at Disney overall)

Rockin Roller Coaster( It's great once or twice but the re-rideability should be more than that for a flagship coaster of a park..the launch and first loop are good then it's a headache and way to short..wait times are always ballooned because of crowd control issues and the pre-show is not effective.

Shows that have run their course...Indiana Jones..I think it's older than Harrison Ford...The Little Mermaid...Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous is never open and they really should do something worthwile with that valuable real estate..Lights Motors Action...Great Once but that is all you need...

We'll end with a splash of positive after all that though...Some underrated rides that do not get enough fuss are

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

TTA

Mission Space ( It really has gotten a bad rap but the concept was very different and there really is nothing like it...With the addition of the non-spinning version it's lines should be longer. It's by no means one of my favorites but it is really underrated and one should ride every trip.

Innoventions...There is alot more to do in there and the Sum of All Thrills is a real hidden gem.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Without a doubt, Snorin', oops I mean Soarin'.

I will never understand why anyone would waste 60 - 90 minutes of vacation time standing in line for that.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Captain EO - not excited it's back, not planning on seeing it again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    Without a doubt, Snorin', oops I mean Soarin'.

I will never understand why anyone would waste 60 - 90 minutes of vacation time standing in line for that.
    I would agree if I stood in line. We either go to Test Track and get FP and go immediately to Soarin' or visa versa when the park opens. Never stood in line more than 10 min at Soarin'. It is a fast attraction and I remember exiting and seeing all the sad faces deep in line.
    Nov15-MVMCP; Mar12-Poly!; Dec11-MVMCP; Dec10-MVMCP; Oct10-CBR; May10-WL; Oct07-10k Race4Taste; Jul07; May07-5k Minnie; Jan07; Dec06-MVMCP; Oct06-ASM MNSSHP; Feb06-Poly!; Dec04; Nov02

Post Thanks / Like

ALL the walk-in rides it really stinks to go in someplace and look a stuff. Who ever says: "Let's look at something in a glass container!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple of rides that I do not like like Stitch, but a lot of people feel the same way. For this question, I would fill in the blank with Soarin. It is a cool ride, but I am not about to wait in the lines that exist for this ride. I will go have a beer in England while you wait in line.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Almost all of Epcot. None of those rides do it for me. Although I am going to be the minority here and say that I love Soarin and Test Track.

The Dumbo ride, Carosel of Progess (sp), Nemo (we waited for this ride and couldn't believe how bad it was), Peter Pan.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't think there's really a "craze" about it, but I have no idea why Disney doesn't replace the Tomorrowland Speedway with something better, even if it is another "driving" attraction. There is absolutely nothing "magical" about it, it has no theme even remotely related to anything Disney, and have others have said, it really belongs in a cheap, two-bit, tacky roadside amusement park, NOT in the "Magic" Kingdom.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FLKatie912 View Post
    Toy Story Mania. Just SO long of a wait, it's is fun, but not really that different!
    I'm on board with you. Even in the off season, the wait is 45 minutes long. It's just a video game on wheels. And now that you can get it on the Wii, why take all the time to ride it. Maybe if DHS got another dark ride for kids, TSM would get shorter lines.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nemo

I would have to say I was disappointed with Nemo.

1979, 82, 85 & 88-Contemporary
    1990-Polynesian
    1995-All Star Sports
    2001-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    2003-Offsite
    2007-Buena Vista Palace
    2010-Old Key West Resort
    6/2012-Pop Century
    11/2012-Art of Animation
    11/2013-Art of Animation
    11/2015-Art of Animation
    11/2016-Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

At WDW I have to agree with everyone that says Soarin', I've done it a few time at DCA and was looking forward to seeing something new at WDW - it's exactly the same ride. How boring, and how non-relevent. At least in California you can tie it into the state.

The one that got me the most, though, was Winnie the Pooh. I was told it was a 'don't miss' ride. It was the worst.

I agree about the Nemo ride at DL, I didn't even enjoy it the first time. As a kid I loved the yellow submarines, especially the sea monster! Now it takes way too much time, between the line, the loading, and the ride itself you've lost at least an hour -and that's if the line is short! Plus the horrid gas smell gave me a really bad headache for the rest of the day. Never doing that one again.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I'm on board with you. Even in the off season, the wait is 45 minutes long. It's just a video game on wheels. And now that you can get it on the Wii, why take all the time to ride it. Maybe if DHS got another dark ride for kids, TSM would get shorter lines.
    Here is the thing with TSM and Soarin' both great Disney experiences with TSM definately having more of a re-ride value to it... As far as the lines are concerned, these are rides in which everyone can enjoy... little fear,age,injury issues are involved with these types of rides as opposed to Test Track, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, RNC, and even Splash to some extent. Everyone in the family can go on TSM and Soarin which ballons the wait times. They are also both inside completely, are newer to the parks, but the main reason remains that everyone that walks into EPCOT or DHS will take time out of their day to ride those particular rides even if they are not the greatest to everyone who rides them.
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I thought Toy Story Mania was fun but it should have been way better. Also it didn't deserve such rave reviews. I always wonder why the line for Peter Pan is ENORMOUS! I don't mind it, but if there is a line for it I keep on walking. Same thing with Soarin'. I LOVE it but there is ALWAYS an insane line. But with the Disney cravings I've been having I'd wait 3 hours for the TTA right about now...
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

one more for the new nemo ride...
    -Corey-

Excuse me? Are you lookin' at me? Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you're walking out on me? I don't think so, not right now. You're getting your wishes, so sit down!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: