Quantcast The Masters!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The Masters!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Masters!!!

Very much enjoyed Phil's win!! I had a ticket to go to a practice round this year, but ended up not going, maybe next year (I don't live that far from Augusta) He has been through so much this year, he played an outstanding round with 67!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not much of a Phil fan, but it was nice to see him win and hug his teary-eyed wife. Very touching.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Very much enjoyed Phil's win!! I had a ticket to go to a practice round this year, but ended up not going, maybe next year (I don't live that far from Augusta) He has been through so much this year, he played an outstanding round with 67!!
    Not much of a golf fan but the DW and I always watch the last couple of hours to see who wins. We also live near Augusta but have never been. Had the chance for practice round tickets a few times but turned them down - I can only handle Disney crowds!

Where exactly do you live? We are over in Aiken, SC.
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Phil had an amazing Sunday making many great, clutch shots.

I wasn't able to catch all that much this year but I was able to tune in on Saturday when Phil went eagle, eagle, birdie. It was awesome to watch. So many times in the past after he's pulled off a string like this he fell flat, it was good to see him ride the momentum to a win.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diznee4Me View Post
    Not much of a golf fan but the DW and I always watch the last couple of hours to see who wins. We also live near Augusta but have never been. Had the chance for practice round tickets a few times but turned them down - I can only handle Disney crowds!

Where exactly do you live? We are over in Aiken, SC.
    I'm in Atlanta burbs. I want to see Augusta National, everyone says it is the most beautiful course. I'm trying to get on that practice rounds lottery list. I took my kids to a golf clinic here the week before the Masters and it was getting crowded. The PGA championship is being held 10 miles from me next year so I might go to that.

Jeff, did you hear the voice during that one shot Tiger made, one of the broadcasters goes "Ti-ger!"

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad Phil won. He should've won last year but made a big mistake on 12 when he tried for the pin and pulled his tee shot into the water. This year it was a redemptive 2! Then the shot on 13 from the trees!

About Tiger...
    I'm not ONE bit surprised he will take some time off to work on his game... er marriage. He is afraid what the real American public has to offer when he comes back to a non Masters event. This golf tournament is so controlled by the members at Augusta that he had a shield around him the whole time. By the way fans we didn't have to give him standing O's whenever he walked around the course. I just hope all the fans heard his responses when he was done with the tournament. What a slap in the face to us. You haven't changed a bit I'm not a fan. Where was all this supposedly fan friendliness you were going to show. The little kid tantrums you threw when the shots you hit weren't perfect. RESPECT THE GAME! In between shots you put on dark sunglasses and walked past the patrons again.

This is what we want our golf hero to be? Look again at Phil and how he won. That should tell you all you need to know about someone's character and committment to family. Way to go Phil!
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of golf; but watched the last hour of the Masters last night. Very happy to see Phil win. And his wife and family there was very touching.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Great tournament! It had a little of everything, from Tom and Fred leading the first day, to Lee's charge, to AK's final day and almost catching the leaders.

Happy for Lefty and his family with all they've been through. Would've been ok with just about any of the leaders winning, but that was touching to see.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    By the way fans we didn't have to give him standing O's whenever he walked around the course. I just hope all the fans heard his responses when he was done with the tournament. What a slap in the face to us. You haven't changed a bit I'm not a fan.
    I saw plenty of fans with arms crossed when others were cheering. People have the right to cheer, or not cheer. I also saw the interview, and while I agree with you that he hasn't appeared to have changed, It certainly was no slap in the face to me, I mean who really cares anyway?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I saw plenty of fans with arms crossed when others were cheering. People have the right to cheer, or not cheer. I also saw the interview, and while I agree with you that he hasn't appeared to have changed, It certainly was no slap in the face to me, I mean who really cares anyway?
    You're right. I guess it has more to do with CBS and ESPN's coverage. That's what happens when they have all their eggs in his basket. I just like watching this tournament because of the possibility of birdies and bogeys on every hole. That was what was happening on Sunday afternoon.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Jeff, did you hear the voice during that one shot Tiger made, one of the broadcasters goes "Ti-ger!"
    I missed it. It was good to see Tiger back on the course, love or hate him. The shots he makes only he can do which makes tuning in worth while.

From a TV stand point I don't think CBS could have been any happier. Phil won with his emotional story line, Tiger was back in the prowl and everyone was eager to see him and Freddie is always a fan favorite. A lot of great story lines with a fan favorite winning.

Does anyone know how the TV ratings came back? I assume they were very high.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Saw this, but I'm sure it got higher by the end Jeff:

Nielsen: Masters first-day ratings up 47 percent
    4/9/2010, 12:49 p.m. EDT
    The Associated Press

(AP) — NEW YORK - ESPN's coverage of Tiger Woods' return to golf in the first round of the Masters on Thursday made a little bit of television history.

The Nielsen Co. said Woods' comeback drew just under 5 million viewers. That made it the most-watched golf telecast ever in cable television, beating the 2008 U.S. Open championship playoff involving Woods and Rocco Mediate. Viewing was 47 percent higher than first round coverage last year.

Nielsen didn't immediately have an estimate of how many people watched Woods' first tee shot, which was covered live by ESPN more than two hours before its regular Masters coverage

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I were able to go on Saturday. I have different opinion on Tiger than most. I watch him because he is a good golfer. Nothing more. I think his personal life is his own issue and I separate that from the golf. If he wants to get mad at himself for hitting a bad shot, so be it. That's what he does. John Daily plays without a shirt, smokes, and drinks while he plays. You don't hear people saying "respect the game" with him. They just laugh and say "That's John". I wouldn't want carbon copy golfers. I like the variety.
    I heard Tiger say he wears the dark glasses between shots for the pollen protection and his allergies. I believe it as it is really bad this time of year. He's not trying to ignore the fans with these.
    Bottom line is, you either like him or you don't. He's a good golfer. I guess it's like Ty Cobb in baseball. Not the nicest guy but could play some ball.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Tiger has lost it right now. He made himself into a brand and that's why most of us are so mad at him, he interejected to much of himself, so to me it wasn't just about the golf (Men and women differ on that issue from what I have seen) I wonder if he will overcome Nicklaus' Masters record in the future, but he's not in a good mental place now. I've gotten some of my girlfriends to watch golf just mentioning they watch Adam Scott

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: