Quantcast The Plaza?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The Plaza?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Plaza?

Ok so I wanted to make reservations for 9/25 at Ohana..and it was booked solid. We instead booked Ohana for the last day of our trip. We wanted to have a table service close to MK that night because after dinner we were going to see wishes and the spectromagic parade. The Disney lady suggested a TS in MK. I chose The Plaza... how is that?? I was kinda worried that it might not be a good choice. Should I change it to Tonys or Liberty Tree Tavern instead???
    *~* A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes*~*

FIRST TRIP: August 2007 - Coronado Springs
    LAST TRIP: September 21-29, 2010 - Wilderness Lodge!
    NEXT TRIP: December 2014 (in planning stages)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've dined at the Plaza a couple of times and have enjoyed it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Plaza & it has become our MK EMH go to place. Simple menu; more of a sandwich, burger, salad place. Strawberry milkshakes are awesome!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

We also love The Plaza but don't go in expecting fine cuisine. It's just sandwiches but they are very good and the atmosphere is wonderful. It's a little hidden gem as far as my family is concerned!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We enjoyed it when we ate there. We also liked that it was not a very large restaurant.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Plaza I have wonderful memories of sitting with my Grandma eating ice cream. That was way back in the 70's! I love sharing this place with my kids

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the Plaza is a nice restaurant to sit, have a sandwich and carry on. We'll be eating there on both our arrival and departure days, and we enjoy it for what it is - a casual TS restaurant where we can assuage our hunger with sandwiches and get back to the attractions.

If you were looking for something geared more towards your first choice of Ohana (all you can eat family-style dinner), I'd definitely consider your alternatives - Crystal Palace & Liberty Tree Tavern are two that come to mind. There's really no way to compare Ohana to The Plaza Restaurant, and I'd hate for you to be disappointed because it is so far removed from your first dining choice.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    I agree that the Plaza is a nice restaurant to sit, have a sandwich and carry on...enjoy it for what it is - a casual TS restaurant where we can assuage our hunger with sandwiches and get back to the attractions.

If you were looking for something geared more towards your first choice of Ohana (all you can eat family-style dinner), I'd definitely consider your alternatives - Crystal Palace & Liberty Tree Tavern are two that come to mind. There's really no way to compare Ohana to The Plaza Restaurant, and I'd hate for you to be disappointed because it is so far removed from your first dining choice.
    Exactly. I do enjoy The Plaza (I've never had a bad meal here) & like a previous poster said, this is my go-to MK restaurant. However...this is a completely different animal from Ohana. If you want all you can eat buffet/family style dining, The Plaza is not it. The Plaza is pretty much sandwiches & fairly awesome desserts.

The fact that you picked The Plaza over other TS's makes me think it's more about the location & not the style of dining that's the concern. While you have the ressie for The Plaza, maybe take a look online at the menus for MK TS restaurants & go from there? You could always change your mind, book another ADR for another restaurant, and cancel the ADR for The Plaza.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

The Plaza is great! We often go there for lunch. It has fantastic sandwiches! We also love the atmosphere.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

At least once per trip we eat at The Plaza. We do exactly what you are hoping for: eat, watch the parade and then secure a spot for wishes. It is in a great spot- you literally walk out the door and the parade proceeds in front of you. Also, if you sit near a window, you have some really nice views of the castle and some of the smaller productions that go on in front of the castle.
    The times that we have eaten there have all been good. Quick service, huge, tasty sandwiches and really good ice cream sundaes. Like the others said, the menu is somewhat limited but what we have tried has all been good.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend the Plaza. Good food
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Default :)

Thanks! It is pretty much about location. I really wanted to try Ohana, so I am pretty happy that I was still able to get it fit into our stay. I have been to WDW before and my mother has not. I was trying to find something close to or in the MK so we can get a good spot for the parade and wishes. There are so many places I didnt get to on my last trip and out of all 10 of our ADRs, Ive only been to 3 of them! (never been to Plaza) Mom loves milkshakes, so I between that and the great location, I guess the Plaza is the best choice!
    *~* A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes*~*

FIRST TRIP: August 2007 - Coronado Springs
    LAST TRIP: September 21-29, 2010 - Wilderness Lodge!
    NEXT TRIP: December 2014 (in planning stages)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: