Quantcast Value Resorts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Value Resorts

For anyone who's stayed at any of the Value Resorts, which is best? I'm looking into staying at one but don't know which one is the best to go with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for asking this question! I have my first-ever trip to a value resort booked for June (POP Century). I'm very interesting in reading about other experiences. So, I don't really have any advice for you, just happy you posted this question!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is Pop Century...it's the newest of the value resorts. The bus service is very good, and they have started refurbing the rooms.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you are probably going to get a lot of different opinions. I have stayed at 3 of the 4 Values and if I had to rank them, it would be Movies, Music and then POP. They are all the same when it comes to the actual room and all have great pools, nice food courts and a large gift shop, so go with the theming that most interests you. When I stayed at Movies, i had young kids that idolized Toy Story.....staying in the Toy Story section with a 3 story tall Buzz Lightyear was magic for them

My issue at Pop was simply personal preference. There was not one thing "wrong" with it, other than it was just a little too over the top and in your face for me. The decor is...well, loud. LOL. Some people may just love that about it. It could have been my timing, but the food court always seemed packed and, frankly, kinda messy. I did not have that when I stayed at Movies and Music. The gift shop is attached to the food court at POP as well, so that may contribute to the feeling of congestion.

I know the All Stars share a bus, whereas POP has its own, but I honestly never saw much difference in wait times.

So, if there are kiddos involved, I vote Movies in the Toy Story or Dalmation area and if it is a grown up trip, I vote Music. have fun!
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Stay away from Sports. In many ways, it's identical to Movies and Music except for the obvious sports theme. However, since it is "Sports" then that's where all the youth groups seem to stay (Pop Warner, Cheerleading teams, etc). Many of those kids do things like stay in the pool (loud) as late as possible, and then there's the always hilarious "let's run down past all these rooms at midnight and knock on all the doors and then run away giggling" hijinks.

Yeah, we'll never stay at Sports again.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at all 4 values. We've been many (30 plus) times since 1995. Our favorite is POP. Next would be Movies, and it's a toss up on Sports and Music. I wouldn't hesitate on staying at any. They are all good, just prefer POP. The food court is larger and prefer the buses at POP.

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at All Stars Music, All Stars Movies and POP.

POP is our favorite because:

• Themes are really neat
    • Pools are nicer
    • Newer rooms
    • Dedicated bus service - just for POP. AS shares buses and if you stay at Movies, many buses are full by the time they get to you.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all 4 and it really just depends on your personal preference for themes. We like 1. Music, 2. Movies, 3. Pop, 4. Sports.
    Music offers movies out by the pool which is fun. Our kids liked Movies better because of the Toy Story & 101 Dalmations themes. Pop does not share a bus so that may be a factor during busier times.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at all 4 and really I think it just depends on which theme you like. The point made about AS Sports is valid, but you don't have youth sports groups staying there year round. Some folks talk about buses at Pop being better, but, while Pop doesn't share a bus I also noticed that buses come less frequently at Pop so I ended up waiting just as long to get on one and they were just as packed. Also, the All Star Resorts do not always share buses. During the most crowded times one or more may have dedicated bus service. Usually Movies. Food courts and rooms are all about the same. So, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have liked all 4. If I gave you any ranking it would purely be on the basis of my preference for theming, not any legitimate pluses and minuses.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I also like Music the best (recently rehabbed, the only value that has a DJ with games and music by the pool and night movies that my kids love). I prefer the theming at any of the AS resorts better than Pop just because of the "Disney" theming vs. the pop culture theming. I like to feel like I'm staying in the park. Sports would have been my second choice and is also rehabbed recently but if you're worried about the cheerleader groups I guess I'd go for Pop over Sports as my second choice. Movies has the best theming of all of them IMO and my favorite food court setup, but it is the only one that hasn't been recently rehabbed. It's been getting some bad reviews based on that, so I'm waiting to return until it's been rehabbed.

I don't take the buses so I can't comment on any recent bus trips from the AS resorts. I do like being able to walk around and visit the different AS resorts and pools - you don't get the variety at Pop.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Value?

No contest... Pop
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

Pop!
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

We love POP Century Bus service is great and they have the best shakes and sundaes down in the food court!

Post Thanks / Like

My Fav is Pop, my last trip I had enough money to stay at a mod. but still chose POP ( I am in the same boat again for next years trip but Pop has become a second home for me). I have stayed at All Star Sports and been bombarded by teams of pee wee league footballers and it was awful, however this was a personal opinion. I also like the food court at Pop better I think that its larger maybe the layout is just different but it has a little more breathing room imho.
    Good luck just go with whatever theaming appeals to you.
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

We like Pop, but have not stayed at Movies or Sports.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Pop I think is our favoirte. We have stayed at all of them except the sports. We like them all but Pop I think is best.

1992 Grand Floridian
    1997 Carribean Beach
    1999 Boardwalk Inn, Disney Magic Cruise
    2002 All Star Movies
    2004 Pop Century
    2005 French Quarter
    2006 Pop Century
    2007 All Star Music
    2008 Beach Club
    2010 All Star Sports
    May, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We've only stayed at All-Star Movies but are planning on staying at Pop Century this fall. We've enjoyed our stays at All-Star movies. The food court is good. I like the Toy Story buildings. I'm looking forward to checking out Pop Century.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at the POP and loved it, a total blasat from the past. If you like nostalgia you will love the theming. If I was to go back and had to pick a different value resort I think I would go with Movies because of the fun theming. So basically I would say to go with what theme you find the most entertaining and pleasing to your taste as the hotels are all very similar in their offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all of the values except Sports, and I like Pop the best simply because of the location. Pop seems more centrally located as far as drive times to the parks, the All Stars are near Animal Kingdom and seem a little farther from the parks. As far as the All Stars go, I think I like Music and Movies equally. I think the layout of Pop is better than the All Stars too, some of the rooms I've stayed in at the All Stars were very far from the food court.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed in the Pop, Music, and Movies. I think they are all basically the same. If children are part of your travel party, then I would vote the Movies. Children love the movie theme. My second choice is the Pop. My son like the Pop, he was 9 yrs old at the time.

Just remember that the Movies, Music, and Sports all share a bus (or at least they did when I stayed there). Personally I didn't notice a difference between the Pop and All Stars bus service.
    Thanks Everyone!!

MickeyFanKY

Go UK Wildcats!!!!!

Upcoming trip - 2012 - Coronado Springs
    2010 - Swan
    2008 - All Stars Music
    2006 - Animal Kingdom & Pop Century
    2004 - French Quarter
    1999 - All Star Movies
    1996 - Fort Wilderness
    Plus, A few times with parents off-sites

Share This Thread On Social Media: