Quantcast 1st Post and trip to Disneyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st Post and trip to Disneyland

This is my first time posting on this site. So, HI EVERYONE!!

My husband and I just booked our 1st trip to Disneyland. We've gone to Disney World together a few times and I went a lot more before him. I have a few questions that might have been answered but haven't seen the answer.

1. I have an ipod touch and want to use it while I'm there. I know I can't use it in the parks but can I use it in the hotels? I'm thinking about if we take a break during the day to see how the wait times are doing before we go into the park.

2. How can we get from LAX to Disneyland and how long does it normally take? We don't want to rent a car because it will be a waste and just sit in the parking lot for the week.

3. How does this magic morning thing work? I'm so use to extra magic hours and it just confuses me.

Thanks for all the help you guys can give us.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinderstitch84 View Post
    This is my first time posting on this site. So, HI EVERYONE!!

My husband and I just booked our 1st trip to Disneyland. We've gone to Disney World together a few times and I went a lot more before him. I have a few questions that might have been answered but haven't seen the answer.

1. I have an ipod touch and want to use it while I'm there. I know I can't use it in the parks but can I use it in the hotels? I'm thinking about if we take a break during the day to see how the wait times are doing before we go into the park.

2. How can we get from LAX to Disneyland and how long does it normally take? We don't want to rent a car because it will be a waste and just sit in the parking lot for the week.

3. How does this magic morning thing work? I'm so use to extra magic hours and it just confuses me.

Thanks for all the help you guys can give us.
    Hi and to Intercot.

I don't know about the Ipod, but someone who does is bound to come by.

From LAX to DL there are several options. There is the Super Shuttle and Prime Time airport vans. There is also the Disneyland Resort Express that will drop off at the 3 Disney hotels and some of the Good Neighbor hotels. Without traffic is can take around 45 minutes. With traffic ????

Magic Mornings are on select days. They open the park one hour early for those with the Magic Mornings.

Hope that helps a bit.... have a great trip
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I had never heard of not being able to use an iPod touch. Why is that?

Post Thanks / Like

If you are staying in one of the hotels at DLR the internet service is included in your resort fee so you can use the wifi on your iPod.

Check the Resort Guide for info about LAX transport and how the Magic Mornings work.

to INTERCOT!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all your help!
    '12 Wilderness Lodge with the Aussies
    '10 Grand Californian
    '08 Old Key West
    '07 Yacht Club (Honeymoon)
    '06 Boardwalk
    '03 Hilton Head
    '01 Vero Beach/Wilderness Lodge
    '00 Disney Cruise Line/Polynesian
    '96 Dolphin/Contemporary (1st trip to Disney World)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneyland Info

Congratulations on your upcoming trip to Disneyland. Here are my thoughts...

- The Disneyland Resort Express is a great way to get from LAX to Disneyland Resort. You'll make a bunch of stops at the airport to pick up additional guests, but once you're on your way it's smooth sailing and hassle free. That and it's on a nice big bus with comfortable seats. Plan on it taking about one hour from when they pick you up.

- While you can use your iPod touch while in the parks, you won't be able to use Wi-Fi to get any wait times and such. You'd need to use an app which doesn't rely on Wi-Fi, like the Disneyland Notescast. You may be able to pick up a faint signal just outside the Grand Californian while in DCA, but it's pretty iffy and tends to cut out. Wi-Fi is included within your Hotel Resort Fee, and connecting is very easy. The signal is fine within the hotels.

Have a great trip!

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I had never heard of not being able to use an iPod touch. Why is that?
    Lack of WiFi service.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they put wifi in the park. It would make life so much easier.Even if there was a way to pay for it. Cheaper deal then the hotels.
    '10 Grand Californian
    '08 Old Key West
    '06 Boardwalk
    '03 Hilton Head

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Lack of WiFi service.
    Oh, thank you! I thought it was some sort of bizarre Disney "rule" LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need more help planning.

Disneyland is so different then Disney World. I just called them to set up my dining and the women told me that I can't book it until 60 days before. Disney World is 180 days. You would think that it would be the same.

My problem is that we're trying to figure out how to get from the airport to our hotel. Has anyone used the Disneyland Express bus? If so, how far ahead can you book it?
    '10 Grand Californian
    '08 Old Key West
    '06 Boardwalk
    '03 Hilton Head

Post Thanks / Like

The Disneyland Express bus isn't the same as the Magical Express, in that you pay for it, and it stops at several hotels. Depending on what airport you're getting into it may be worth it to pay for a cab. It was about $40 from the Long Beach airport to the Grand Californian when I went last July. There were four of us so it ended up being cheaper to just take a taxi.

I couldn't tell you how soon you can book it, I would imagine now, they're not run by Disney so probably don't have restrictions on when you can make the reservation.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

For the Blue Bayou, Goofy's Kitchen and maybe the Princess dining at DCA I would make ADR at the 60 day to be sure you get the time you want. Most of mine are made the day before I go.

I think (trying to think back of when I was in WDTC) you can get the Disneyland Resort Express at the airport without prior arrangements. Payment is done upon arrival at your hotel. I am not sure on this, it has been a while and I don't know if anything has changed. When I went to WDW I used the Prime Time (red) vans and made my arrangements about a month prior to pick up at LAX.

You can call the WDTC and they should be able to tell you. Have fun planning
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: