Quantcast All Star Houses

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: All Star Houses

Post Thanks / Like

Talking All Star Houses

Hello All!!! We just got back from our vacation at Disney So sad to leave!!! But we are definately going back - but it won't be for 3 years!!! But on a positive note - we are an ever growing family! Its my parents, sisters, our kids, a total of 11 of us this past time (including my 6 month old). We stayed at Westgate Lakes (4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms). But it is so far away from Disney (an hour roundtrip) that we'd like to stay closer. We'll need at least 4 bedrooms (or more), and unforunately Disney doesn't have that on property, so we were wondering if anyone has ever stayed on these properties. They all look like beautiful houses, are they close? Clean? Affordable? Busy? Quiet? I think you get the idea of what I'm looking for! Thanks so much ahead of time for your advice!!!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We are going down at the end of April and staying in a fellow Intercotees vacation home that he rents. It's a 5 bedroom/5 bathroom house and apparently the closest rental houses to WDW. The website says only three miles from the WDW gate. It's located in Windsor Hills Reserve. You might look into something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I've looked at them, they look amazing. But you know how sometimes they look amazing, but then you get there and they look nothing like the pictures. Thanks for your help!

Rose

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Villas at the various DVC properties all sleep 12 people, so technically that should work for you. However, I have no idea how much they cost...
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I looked into the Grand Villas - only 3 bedrooms. They sleep 12 - but we have 4 "families". So we need at least 4 bedrooms...wish Disney had a villa that had a 4th bedroom that was attached

Rose

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rental Homes

We stayed in a rental home in Nov 2008 and will again in May of this year. We love it for our large group. I looked at All Star Vacation homes and ended up looking at the different neighborhoods that they rent in to see what resorts I liked. Then I went to vrbo and found a house that was MUCH more reasonably priced. I have a large family (6 small children) so room is great to have as is "home" We stayed in Emerald Island last time and I'd definitely stay there again. This time we needed a 7 bedroom home as we're going with another family and found one n Terra Verde at a very low price. $160/night...and we're splitting that between two families.

Having your own pool and game room are great for the kids to do some non-Disney things when little ones are napping and we had a great living room to hang out in after the kids went to bed.

I'd love to stay onsite sometime with the family just for the experience, but finding something reasonably sized and priced is not possible...I can't justify spending $5-7k for on-property when I can get a house for less than $2k.

15 minute drive max from Emerald Island which is right next to Windsor Hills. Grocery store and restaurants in-between. When we were there traffic was nonexistent.

The house we stayed at was very clean and neat but I'm sure that could vary depending on the owner. If you're looking for a 4BR PM me and I can send you the link to the particular property we stayed at.

We went in November so it was quiet, but the houses are pretty close together so I suppose they could get loud in the pool areas. Many of them are gated communities so traffic is not a problem in the neighborhood.

If you have kids in strollers buy a AAA diamond parking pass, the lot is much closer and convenient that you walk to the park TTC instead of loading onto the tram.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: