Quantcast How much Marvel at Universal?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How much Marvel at Universal?

My soon to be 3yo son is a huge superheroes fan, particularly Spider-Man and his nemeses I know there's a Spider-man coaster at Universal, but he's too small for that. Are there any other Marvel attractions/characters that would make it worth taking my 3yo son there? Thanks!
    Danielle

CBR in 1994
    Polynesian in May 2010
    Polynesian in May 2013
    Wilderness Lodge in May 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The Spiderman attraction at Universal is not a roller coaster. It's a family ride but you must be at least 40" to ride it. It is a vehicle ride, simulator, and it's 3D. There's really nothing I can compare it to to explain it more. The other Marvel rides are the Hulk Rollercaoster, Dr Dooms Fearfall, Storm Force Spinners, none of which are suitable for a three year old. I think the Spiderman attraction is probably the tamest of them all.

IOA does however have plenty to do for kids. A whole Dr Seuss land, a Jurassic Park Play Area, a popeye boat and a few shows.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

NJ Girl is right- lots of the Marvel themed attractions are for bigger people. I think the Spiderman attraction has a 40 inch height requirement, that is probably the smallest height requiirement out of all of the Marvel Rides. There are Character meet n greets and there was a Marvel Super Heros parade, too. Lots of good stuff in Suess Land for little ones.

MY guy when he was 4 he loved Spiderman. HE was thrilled that he got to meet him at Universal!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We were last there when Tyler was 2...he was too small for most things at that point...and he was a bigger 2.

We vowed to not waste money again until her was old/big enough to enjoy it. When he was, Skye came along so we waited some more. She is almost 6 and just made around 41 inches so we are now contemplating another go in the near future.

So I guess all of that was to say that depending on your son's height and willingness to ride, there might not be enough to make the trip worth it right now.

But that is all up to you and what you think your family can get out of it...
    Last edited by tyandskyesmom; 02-23-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: wording/spelling
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Last time we were at IOA, the Marvel section had a "parade" several times a day - Marvel Heros Captain America, Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, and Storm rode quads while very loud music played and extremely loud sirens wailed. They did a corny little show of arriving, having defeated the bad guys, then stood along the street for meet 'n greets. Spiderman had a dedicated meet 'n greet like Mickey does in Toontown. There are 4 attractions in that section, height restrictions are listed: Spiderman (40"), Dr Doom's Fearfall (52"), Storm Force Accelatron (48"), and Incredible Hulk Coaster (54"). The Spiderman ride is a dark ride in 3-D. The best description I can come up with is you ride in a vehicle which travels along the track like Dinosaur but it has 3-D simulator movies like Star Tours. It's an awesome attraction! The theming of the whole Marvel area is stunning for any superhero fan - I took TONS of pictures! We were also able to have breakfast with Spiderman at Confisco Grille located at the end of Port of Entry but I don't know if they still do that. Basically, I found much of IOA to be unsuitable for small children - our youngest DD was 5 at the time and couldn't ride probably about 30 - 50% of the attractions. Of what she could and did ride, she only liked the Dr. Seuss stuff.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! DS would so LOVE to meet Spider-man, but I don't know if he'd make the height requirement to even ride the ride. Like a couple of you said, I'm not sure the parade and meet and greet are enough to justify the admission cost for the 3 of us. Plus, it's his first Disney trip, so he'll have plenty to do. I guess we'll wait....boys love their superheros for while, right!
    Danielle

CBR in 1994
    Polynesian in May 2010
    Polynesian in May 2013
    Wilderness Lodge in May 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dani226 View Post
    ...boys love their superheros for while, right!
    Oh, ya...and it just gets worse as they get older...I have 40 year old at home who still loves 'em!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
    Oh, ya...and it just gets worse as they get older...I have 40 year old at home who still loves 'em!
    Me too! Mine's 41. We went to the character breakfast with Spiderman for HIS birthday. Sherry, we would soooooo get along!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: