Quantcast Marathon training

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marathon training

Hey everyone!
    I'm on my college's track team and am planning on heading to WDW for spring break. While there I am supposed to do my workouts (usually 6 miles of total running every day). I am staying in the pop hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions for places I could run/train at. I'm hoping I can do it somewhere close to the hotel without having to pay extra to go to a gym. Any comments would certainly help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marathon training

Go to Disneyrunning.com for maps of all the trails around resorts at WDW. Have fun, save time to play!
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

What resort are you staying at? Wilderness Lodge has trails (mostly terrain) that connect to Fort Wilderness. POP has some nice trails along the lake there.

There's people always running around the resorts!

Don't forget, Disney has marathons of their own! I've done 1 full and 3 halves. My 4th half is next weekend!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We're staying at POP, and thanks a bunch! These maps will really help when I'm down there.

Post Thanks / Like

do the marathons they have down there go through the parks or around the resorts at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Do they ever! The WDW and Princess half marathons run through Epcot and MK, while the WDW full marathon runs through all 4 parks! The newest event, Disney's Wine and Dine half marathon will most likely be run from the ESPN Wide World of Sports to AK, MGM(DHS), and finish at Epcot!

I am now a race snob, and will only run Disney races!

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I have run the full marathon once, the Princess twice, and the Disneyland Half once (registered for it again this year!).
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR