Quantcast WDW first or Universal First

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW first or Universal First

My DH and I are planning a trip this upcoming December while DD is on college break. Both DD will be along, and of course they want to see the Harry Potter park at universal we have never been there, I am only willing to give two day's up of my trip to WDW. So question would you do the two day's at the begining or at the end of the trip. Thank you for all help.
    WL concierge silver wedding anniversary 2004
    GCH, disneyland July 2005
    WL concierge Dec 2005
    Wilderness Lodge 2007
    POP Century May 2008
    POP Century May 2009
    POP Century October 2010
    New DVC Owners BLT
    BLT/AKL Villas May 2011
    CS/DCL Fantasy Maiden Voyage 03/2012
    BLT Oct 2012
    BLT Jan 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If you doubt you will like it, go to Universal first. This way, you know that you will soon be back in your 'comfort zone'.

If you think you will like it, put it at the end : you will let the anticipation build and have the pleasure of discovering something new at the end of your trip.

Just my opinion.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

We are also doing a non-disney park- we have decided to do ours at the begining. We chose the begining because this way we know we will have a good time at Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Universal first and get a T shirt. Then wear it to Whispering Canyon Cafe.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Universal first - followed by Disney.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyedMuggy View Post
    Go to Universal first and get a T shirt. Then wear it to Whispering Canyon Cafe.
    Great idea, that will be alot of fun
    When we haven't stayed at Universal we have done Disney one day then Universal the next day and so on for the first six days. On this trip we are doing Universal first since it is closer to the airport and we are getting in late that night.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

You may wish to consider the days of the week that you will be at Universal. Weekends can get busy with locals (especially with the Macy parade and Grinchmas--if they have them this year) and even still in December, Harry Potter probably will make Saturday a crowded mess.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are there all week I would go to Disney in the beginning of the week, then Universal, and back to Disney to cap off your trip.
    I always get sad when I walk out of the park the night before we head for home.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

For my family, we actually do Disney first, then move over to Universal. We went last time over Christmas break- so even though the lines were crazy long, we stayed onsite, bypassing them! For my teenagers, they love thrill rides, and so they really look forward to going there. For me, it makes leaving Disney a little less depressing, knowing I still have Universal to look forward to! I know everyones different, it's just what works for us!
    ~Lisa~

WDW trips:
    April, 1991- Honeymoon-offsite
    Nov.1992-offsite
    Nov.1995-offsite
    April 2001-offsite
    Dec. 2004-Wilderness Lodge, AS Sports
    Aug. 2007- offsite
    Mar 2008- AS Movies
    Dec. 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2010-AS Movies, CBR
    Aug. 2011- Beach Club
    Mar. 2012- AS Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I do this differently than everybody else - and it depends if you are staying on-site at Universal when you are planning on visiting. First, look at the days - if you start or end on a weekend - when Disney is crazy - stay at Universal and use that fast pass system to avoid any of the crowd issues.

I also prefer to schedule Universal for the end of my trip. I am usually pretty tired by the end of vacation at Disney...I plan it like I am invading Normandy. When I get to Universal, I can kick back, wander over to a park on MY schedule, ride what we want and wander back...using our fast passes. And I prefer the hotels at Universal...so it's nice to be pampered at the end and would likely be spending more time at the hotel relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

I know when we do Universal we like to do it in the middle of our trip. So we do like 2 or 3 Disney parks, then universal or Sea World, then more Disney Parks.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

If you plan on staying at one of the Universal hotels and using the express entry, be sure to confirm that the Harry Potter ride will be a part of the system if that is something you expect to see with limited waiting. When I was at Universal this fall, the new roller coaster at Universal was not on Universal Express and everyone had to wait in the long line.

Post Thanks / Like

I would do Universal in the beginning. There is a lack of magic. And it would be more noticeable if you did it later in your trip.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: