Quantcast The Amazing Race 16 - Page 12

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

So ... let's throw it out there. What was everyone's thought on the Great Airport Incident of 2010? Should the brothers have gotten in front of the Cowboys? More importantly, should the Cowboys have allowed them to jump in front of them so easily?

Here's my take ... I put 10% of the blame on the brothers for trying the stunt in the first place, but 90% of the blame on the Cowboys for allowing them to get away with it. If you really wanted to win it all there's no way you would have sat idly by and allowed that to happen.
    I think it was childish that Jordan put his backpack in front of the Cowboys and expected that to give him "dibs" to that spot in line. What is he, five years old? Yes, I suppose that the Cowboys could have put up more of a fuss, but as they said at the end, there are some things more important than money and they finished the race with their integrity intact. They were one of the few teams I have ever seen on the race that never sniped at each other and were basically respectful of other teams. That makes them the real winners, IMO.

I was hoping that Jeff and Jordan's maneuvering to get into first class would come back to bite them in the end. But I guess the rule is that you can't buy first-class seats, but if you get a free upgrade that's okay?? Anyway, if I never hear the expression "bro" again, it will be too soon. That was totally out of control on this leg.

I have nothing constructive to say about Caite and Brent either except that I don't see how their relationship can last after all the "shut-ups" and other venom they spewed at each other during this race. The only good thing they did was U-turn Carol and Brandy and Caite's only shining spot at the end was when she put Brandy in her place, yet again.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ugh

That ending stunk bro...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I concur with everyone else...The cowboys are the REAL winners hopefully they'll come back on an "All-Stars".

The "bro" jumping in front of him was totally tacky and I became even MORE disgusted than ever at him...You could tell that the cowboys really wanted to "take him out" or better yet..."hog tie" him. (America would have applauded you for that )... BUT...we all know it would have turned out ugly because Jordon especially has absolutely ZERO class. (edited per TOS)

I REALLY got sick of Jordon's crying, whining, cursing and babyish behavior. I might have been able to like Dan...but he stood by and did nothing.

What's wrong with the producers designing the game to have to cross the same place so that another team couldn't overtake them? Especially at the "end" of the race...That didn't seem too fair. I also didn't get why neither figured out that spinning was needed after watching the "whiny baby" spin for an hour. I guess I'll have to chalk it up to "nerves".

Brett and Caite...UGH...If I were that cab driver I would have stopped and let them out. How rude. I guess Brett did apologize in the end but still. I guess I didn't really care about Caite bragging a bit about her finish...whatever...I just figure she's 21 and has some growing up to do. So does Brett. I didn't appreciate their sniping at one another throughout the race.

Carol and Brandy...UGH...WHY do they think they are ABOVE everybody else. You got "U-Turned" it's part of the game deal with it. If you were "nicer" less insulting...maybe it wouldn't have been you. You came in first a few times...you were a strong competitor as well as a couple of others...Your nasty attitude just "sealed the deal".

I totally LOVE the COWBOYS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an All Stars with them in it. Maybe the "Detectives" too.
    Last edited by NotaGeek; 05-10-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Edited due to remark
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping that the "good guys" would finish first. I had a feeling that once they flubbed the star wars challenge they couldn't win.

They were by far one of the classiest acts on all of the Amazing Races.

's
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that was a bummer of an ending. I hated seeing the brothers win, but I'm glad that at least it wasn't Brent and Caite coming in first. I agree, if I had been their cab driver that they were cursing and screaming at, I would have dumped them on the curb and waved out the window as I drove away.

I so wish the cowboys had been the winners, but that's the way it goes I guess. They ran a great race and they were able to keep their integrity the entire time. I thought they were going to get into it with Jordan at the airport, but I was actually kind of glad they restrained themselves and kept their cool. The brothers came off looking like the jerks in that scenario. It was pretty funny, though, in the Star Wars challenge when Cord was shouting "Do a back flip! Hop, skip!" to throw Dan off. I also hope the cowboys come back for an all stars race.

Carol and Brandy, especially Brandy, were absolutely ridiculous, the biggest sore losers I've ever seen. Get over it already!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

So ... let's throw it out there. What was everyone's thought on the Great Airport Incident of 2010? Should the brothers have gotten in front of the Cowboys? More importantly, should the Cowboys have allowed them to jump in front of them so easily?
    The cowboys probably thought it wouldn't matter so much that they weren't ahead of the Bro's. And, they were brought up to be gentlemen, in the truest sense of the word. I'm bummed that they didn't win the whole thing, but honestly, who is going to remember the Pious brothers as anything but whiney, classless guys.

Speaking of classless. The Drama Queen who was U-turned certainly left no doubt about her character at the end. Instead of being a good sport and congratulating the winners, she chose to shoot her mouth off and ruin the moment for everyone.

I so admire the Cowboys for staying true to themselves. You guys are the best.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Well this makes back-to-back disappointing endings for me for my favorite reality shows. I was very disappointed that Natalie won Survivor last season and now I'm very disappointed in the way TAR turned out.

Here's my take ... I put 10% of the blame on the brothers for trying the stunt in the first place, but 90% of the blame on the Cowboys for allowing them to get away with it. If you really wanted to win it all there's no way you would have sat idly by and allowed that to happen.

Also, the brothers ended up using some smarts on the plane and finagling that first class upgrade anyway, so at the end of it all it probably didn't matter.

Kudos to the Cowboys, though, for picking up that San Fran guidebook. That was probably the only thing that kept it close.

And yeah, Brandy is just a classless troll. Even Carol was embarrassed at her behavior at the end! Did anyone see her just hiding her face in her hands when Brandy was going off?? Lame. Very lame. But I have to say, even though Caite isn't a favorite around here, I loved her comeback to Brandy ... "Well I guess it wasn't such a bad move, because I'm standing here and you're over there!"

A couple of comments. I think it would have been very foolish for the cowboys to start a physical altercation in a secure airport in China.

I'm glad that Caite can figure out a quick response....except when asked about geography.

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I think it would have been very foolish for the cowboys to start a physical altercation in a secure airport in China.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Definitely not the ending I wanted. I even liked Brent and Caite more than the winners. I would have liked to have seen them win just to annoy Carol & Brandy. What a couple of sore losers with some serious problems.

I did want the cowboys to win. Hope they return later.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Today I'm going to look at this in a positive light - the Cowboys sure did truely win big in all our hearts, along with our respect. Go Cowboys!
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

The Cowboys really did leave the race with their integrity intact, and that is more important than winning the $1 million. I wouldn't be surprised if good things roll their way because of this, now that the race is over.

Brandy was completely classless. Caite tried to offer the peace pipe, which made Brandy look even more foolish.

I was hoping the Cowboys would win the $1 million, but I believe they won the race because of how they raced.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    Brandy was completely classless. Caite tried to offer the peace pipe, which made Brandy look even more foolish.
    I agree that Brandy has no class, but in all fairness Caite's apology certainly didn't mean anything at that point. In fact, I thought it was strange that Phil brought up the conflict at the end--I don't recall him stirring the pot at the end of any other TAR that I've watched. Made for a sour last couple of minutes of the race.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    In fact, I thought it was strange that Phil brought up the conflict at the end--I don't recall him stirring the pot at the end of any other TAR that I've watched. Made for a sour last couple of minutes of the race.
    Yep, I said the same thing. It was a bizarre ending like no other. I don't recall them ever having interviews with those outside of the top three either.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    A couple of comments. I think it would have been very foolish for the cowboys to start a physical altercation in a secure airport in China.
    I don't understand the assumption that it would have been a physical altercation?

I'm fairly certain that, had the Cowboys forced the issue to any degree, the "bros" would have backed down and given up their spot.

I certainly agree that it would have been a bad idea to start a fight, but they basically just gave up without even making much of an issue out of it. I think even a legitimate threat of an altercation would have been enough to move them out of the way.

But truth be told, as I said in my original post, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway since the "bros" were smart and jumped up to first class.

The more I've thought about it, the more I'm okay with the brothers winning. They may not have been the most likeable team this season, but you have to give them credit for doing enough to make it to the final three and then pouring it on at the end. They were prepped to win it all when it really counted.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well the classless way Brandy handled it all will come back to bite her in her every day life after all the publicity. I wonder if she thought about that. Even Carol was embarrassed about her. The other couple that was U Turned and eliminated handled it with grace and never said anything about it. I was sorry that the show seemed to reward the people that showed whiny, embarrassing behavior in foreign countries, giving Americans that "ugly American" reputation again. I was very glad that the cowboys showed their grace and good manners all the way through. I bet they will get more out of it than the winners because of their "game play". My Momma would have "whooped" me if she had seen me act like that in public, especially in front of millions. Wonder what the families of these thought about their behavior. It was the worst ending to TAR I have ever seen. I wonder if Caite and Brent had won if Brandy would have thrown an even bigger fit seeing that she stood there not clapping when they came in. But everyone in the show knew how she was so they really weren't surprised.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Share This Thread On Social Media: