Quantcast Rivalry Thread- NFL (jets & others)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Rivalry Thread- NFL (jets & others)

The purpose of this thread is to provide an extended forum for friendly rivalries.

It is an extension of the NFL- good, bad & ugly series.
    While I had intended to start this later/next year, The NY Jets coach's comments yesterday made me think that my old buddy, Pagan- an unabashed Miami Dolphin fan, who had agreed to stop our back & forth in the good bad & ugly forum- specifically for this year (as his team is on vacation)- should have a forum to "bash" & discuss the Jets coach's assertion that they should be "favorites" to win the superbowl.

Now folks, feel free to join in on the fun- any rivalry that you want to discuss/bicker with a friendly rival is welcome here.

Thank you
    Gueli

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The Bad & Ugly:
    Can you believe what Rex Ryan said YESTERDAY ?

Now, while I will not back away from my team, nor my coach - Wow. what a bold statement.

I glanced at the posts commentary on this & what I get is how much they like Rex. Not for what he says, as it does help sell newspapers, but also in the manor in which he says it.
    He believes in his team. He puts it out there.

and yes Pagan- his statement is Crazy.
    but feel free to comment...
    Go Jets
    JETS JETS JETS

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Patriots fan. I also like the Saints and don't mind Miami. I like to see the Jets, Giants, Cowboys, and Colts lose. Nothing personal, just my preferences.

My Pats haven't had the best year and I'm sad to see Wes Welker down, plus I still miss seeing Bruschi on the field since he retired. I'm devoted to my team but no trash-talking from me this year. We need to improve on a few things, and it shows.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am a diehard green and gold bleeding Packer fan...

Within the rules of the game, I would like to see somebody take Favre out. He spanked my Packers twice this year, and I just want to see him stop his crying and finger pointing and go away. There is so much coming out in the media from ex-players about what a selfish, self-centered person he was and is, he doesn't deserve to have his number in the ring of honor with all of the Packer greats.

To further that, I really want to see the Viqueens and Cowboys get sent home with their tails between their legs.

Sorry..done venting.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I'm a Patriots fan...
    Its OK I forgive you

as this is ment to be friendly- please understand my deepest respect for fellow fans of teams in the AFC east- and any trash talkin' or back and forth, as long as both parties agree to be civil, not insult each other- is welcome !

Years ago, I never hated the pats. Oh I disliked them as an afc east rival but I never had a reason to go beyond that. Of course that all changed when Bill Bilichick resigned after less than 1 day as "the HC of the NYJ", and immediatly signed with the patriots. That was before they started winning.

I dislike the secrecy that Bilichick has, and how the No Fun League has grown to adopt his policies of being so bland (when dealing with the fans & media).
    Now with that said, I do respect him as a coach. The whole handshake thing at the end of the game- which the NY press likes to harp on- is a bunch of bull- he shakes everyones hand, in win or defeat, for the shortest amount of time possible. It is his way.

Oh I hope the Patriots loose this weekend. but if I could choose- I would want the Jets to win.

J
    E
    T
    S
    JETS JETS JETS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Gueli. We can still be friends.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Guels...I can't even comment on Rex's statement. It's too hilarious on it's own.

What I CAN do is give everyone the "Rex Ryan Media Playbook". That way everyone can know what to expect from ol' Rexxy from now on.

So without further ado....

THE OFFICIAL REX RYAN MEDIA PLAYBOOK

1. Blow into town like a hurricane. Immediate claim your team as superbowl contenders before even knowing what personnel or coaching staff you have.
    2. Win three games.
    3. Get cocky and boast loudly that "no one wants to play you".
    4. As losses mount up, do one of the following:
    a. claim that you team is beating itself
    b. cry
    5. Win a couple of games.
    6. Tell everyone you have the #1 defense and #1 rushing attack....AD NAUSUEM.
    7. Repeat step 3.
    8. Suffer a bad loss and proclaim the team "out of the playoffs"
    9. Beat two teams that lay down for you.
    10. Repeat steps 3 and 6.
    11. Make yourself and your team targets by announcing that you should be favorites to win the superbowl.
    12. Repeat steps 3 and 6 in EVERY interview.

And as a bit of prognostication:

13. Lose badly in the playoffs.
    14. Repeat steps 3, 6 and 11, only this time saying it's for NEXT year.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Guels...I can't even comment on Rex's statement. It's too hilarious on it's own.
    Oh but you just did.
    Have you heard- he also has put up a team schedule, depecting practices, team meetings, etc- all the way through the superbowl

This guy is a character.
    I do like his poise- reporter to rex- just want to clarify, you ment that your team should be favored to win in cincy, right ? Rex- (to assembled media)- actually I meant we should be favored to win the superbowl ! (this is depecting my reaction)

Gotta give the guy credit though- He believes in his team. I do not think he is making this stuff up, I do not think he is doing it to motivate his players- I believe he Believes IT !
    lock stock & barrel.

As far as step 6 in your media playbook- remember he did not get to say that most of the season- we did not get that part until late in the season. He might have believed his defense was #1 before that, but the statistics didn't back him up.

Also- I believe it weas Jon Gruden of espn who said this- that a great defense makes the plays when it counts. Having seen the earlier part of the season- based on that statement, our defense may be ranked #1, but it is not a great defense- unless it stops everyone in the playoffs when it counts.

We shall see if I get to crow on sunday (sat night) or if I am eating crow after the Jets cincy game...

Go Jets

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    As far as step 6 in your media playbook- remember he did not get to say that most of the season- we did not get that part until late in the season.
    Ah...I guess it just SEEMED like he was saying it all season.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ah...I guess it just SEEMED like he was saying it all season.
    Yes well by that time all you had to be excited about is having beat 'ahem' the Superbowl Favorites twice.
    As the fish crashed and burned...
    or is that sank and stunk ?
    anyway...
    we shall see tommorow
    J
    E
    T
    S
    jets jets jets

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    There is so much coming out in the media from ex-players about what a selfish, self-centered person he was and is, he doesn't deserve to have his number in the ring of honor with all of the Packer greats.
    Let time heal those wounds. For the 14 years or so he was a Packer he was the best or one of the best during those years. As a truly Packer hater I respected his ability and wished he would stop beating my Bears (my childhood team).

I agree with what you say about him being a self centered egotistical jerk. But his numbers can back him up. With this he belongs in the Packer ring of honor and Hall of Fame.

I truly believe that the current GM and coach were the ones who wanted him out. How they handled it was wrong. They should have just traded him away like Montana went to the Chiefs. No it was not in their best interests to trade him to a divisional opponent like the Vikings. If a team couldn't be found then let Brett compete for the starting job last year because he still had 1 year left on his contract.

However, this was not the case and we got the circus that followed (twice). This year was more pathetic than last. All this year shows is Brett is a very selfish and disingenious person.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

OK I need to rant

I just watched chad 8-5 tackle deryl revis on a cedric benson 35 yard run- no call.
    Next play- pass interference when revis looks back for the ball, inadvertant contact.

WHAT BALONEY- how much did the refs get payed off ?????
    NFL wants integrity- than start by having even calls- you cannot make me believe the jets are the only ones with pass interference/offensive holding.

Ian is so right about horrible officiating...

Cicy could not even buy the points as the kick was wide....

HOLEY COW...
    so angry

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    Let time heal those wounds...I agree with what you say about him being a self centered egotistical jerk. But his numbers can back him up. With this he belongs in the Packer ring of honor and Hall of Fame.
    I truly believe that the current GM and coach were the ones who wanted him out. How they handled it was wrong. They should have just traded him away... No it was not in their best interests to trade him to a divisional opponent like the Vikings. If a team couldn't be found then let Brett compete for the starting job last year because he still had 1 year left on his contract.
    However, this was not the case and we got the circus that followed (twice). This year was more pathetic than last. All this year shows is Brett is a very selfish and disingenious person.
    They traded him away to the jets with a clause.
    He got hurt playing for the jets.
    He couldnt start throwing until he had already retired & the jets released him, amicably as far as I am concerned.
    Childress went to him more than once. He started to heal and could start throwing. I do not consider this disingenious.
    The Jets released him- Rex did not want him, he needed someone fresh - that is the jets did.
    The Vikings were an ideal team for him- does not make him a traitor-
    remeber the packers did not want him- they did not want to face him- but they did not want him.
    Cant blame bret for the packers choices...he just likes to play the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Once again the refs try to give the game to cincy- but they still get nothing

15 yeard for "LATE HIT OUT OF BOUNDS" by jets. What baloney !
    the guy could have kept running, the jet player was just pushing him out of bounds-
    the refs continue to try to give the game to cincy- and they still blow it (so far- 3 minutes left)
    JETS

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hello, pagan you out there ?

Jets win 1 more.

Gotta love it

Post Thanks / Like

We all know where I stand , but I'm also partial to the Bucs despite their disfunction and DGF's Ravens who beat the Pats today!

As for the hated:
    1) Bears (Simply because of Chicago's where my family's from) Vikes/Bears is a way bigger deal to me than Vikes/Pack because its me versus my family. The Monday night game was probably the hardest game I've dealt with in awhile.

2) Packers (aka those who wear fake cheese on their heads) I've never understood this team, never will.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

They traded him away to the jets with a clause.
    He got hurt playing for the jets.
    He couldnt start throwing until he had already retired & the jets released him, amicably as far as I am concerned.
    Childress went to him more than once. He started to heal and could start throwing. I do not consider this disingenious.
    The Jets released him- Rex did not want him, he needed someone fresh - that is the jets did.
    The Vikings were an ideal team for him- does not make him a traitor-
    remeber the packers did not want him- they did not want to face him- but they did not want him.
    Cant blame bret for the packers choices...he just likes to play the game.
    Yes Packers traded him away, but he retired in March. They asked him all offseason what his plans were. Got tired of the drama, then traded him away. No you're not going to trade him to your biggest rival.
    So off to the Jets. Then the Jets were finished with him and he with them. In March he RETIRED AGAIN.
    In June we start to hear Favre rumors going to Minnesota. He has a press conference to say he won't play this year.
    In July / August he has one more press conference to say he won't play this year. He talked over with his wife too much to for "his age" for an entire season. 1-2 weeks later, Childress picks him up from airport and takes him to camp. He is introduced as starter and STARTS the next preseason game.

How do you go from retirement to starting an NFL game in less than a week and KNOW so much about the playbook? Brett was coming back all along but what he did was make it all about himself. Just like now after 14 games the Vikes hit some turmoil and who is involved? Favre. Wanting to do it his way. Why is he not in Green Bay or with the Jets? Because they were tired of his ways.
    I hope the Vikings go down in a ball of flames. If Favre has his way they surely will.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, pagan you out there ?

Jets win 1 more.

Gotta love it

C'mon Guels...of course I wasn't out there. I have a life on the weekends.

Congrats to your Jets, but once again your coach has to make people want him to lose by actually scheduling a super bowl victory parade.

I have to admit what I thought was impossible...Rex is actually more obnoxious than his father was.

So here's to rooting for San Diego to not only beat the Jets, but downright embarrass them.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

C'mon Guels...of course I wasn't out there. I have a life on the weekends.

Congrats to your Jets, but once again your coach has to make people want him to lose by actually scheduling a super bowl victory parade.

I have to admit what I thought was impossible...Rex is actually more obnoxious than his father was.

So here's to rooting for San Diego to not only beat the Jets, but downright embarrass them.
    Of course you have a life-rock on.

I do like to point out that he has every confidence in his team.
    Also- He said he didn't want to leave anything to chance.

Like it or not, even if the jets lose, you have to admit that they played a good game against a playoff team.
    oh gee, what a surprise on how you will be rooting- now if the jets play them tough- will you admit it ?

Again, the fish have plenty of time to reflect on this, the jets may be joining them soon- down in Miami...For the pro-bowl

J
    E
    T
    S
    JETSJETSJETS

Post Thanks / Like

Like it or not, even if the jets lose, you have to admit that they played a good game against a playoff team.
    I guess now's as good a time as any to point out that Cincy lost 4 of their last 5 games?

Basically...they backed into the playoffs like the Jets did.

*ducks*

Will be interesting to see how the Jetsies fare against a powerhouse.

And oh by the way...ONLY a Jet fan would do this.

A die-hard Jets fanatic from Westchester named his first-born son after his beloved Gang Green last February as a way to breathe new life into the losing team and reverse its cursed streak.

Now, with a string of wins under the team's belt - including Saturday's wild-card playoff victory - Tom Schonberg, 39, has no doubt his plan is working.

"I honestly think the curse is legitimate and this has reversed it," said Schonberg, 39, who named his 11-month-old son Jake Edward Thomas Schonberg - or JETS.
    You can't make this up kids! LOL!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: