Quantcast Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Premieres February 11) - Page 14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    That, or maybe he was just the most entertaining person in the game.
    I could accept that as an explanation if it was just the first time around, but when you consider that this season had some of the most popular Survivors in history on it I don't know that that would be enough.

I mean, he even beat out Rupert who won a million dollars from the fans during his season.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    If they filmed these back to back and he didn't know the outcome to the last one when he started this one, did they film the two finales back to back? How did they do that? They are supposed to be live. So if they were live, then he would have had to know how it came out. Would they take him out of this game to do the finale of the last one?
    They actually filmed the two seasons back-to-back, last summer into early fall. Then they had the live finale for Samoa in December, and (of course), the live finale for Heroes and Villains last night. So yes, Russell knew the outcome to Samoa last night during the live show, but not during the first (non-live) part of tribal council, as that had been filmed many months ago.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    They actually filmed the two seasons back-to-back, last summer into early fall. Then they had the live finale for Samoa in December, and (of course), the live finale for Heroes and Villains last night. So yes, Russell knew the outcome to Samoa last night during the live show, but not during the first (non-live) part of tribal council, as that had been filmed many months ago.
    Exactly. Remember they film the actual seasons before they do the live results show. So for Russell's first season, they did the live results show after he had already been back from filming both Samoa and All Stars seasons. Then he had to wait from that live finale to this one, expecting or hoping to win a million at one or both of them, knowing he was in the final, but not knowing the results. His behavior in the live finale of the Samoa show led me to suspect he would be around for most or all of this Heroes v Villains group. I think he was genuinely shocked not to have won Samoa knowing how far he got with the All Star cast. This time around, I think he was less expectant of a win.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    This time around, I think he was less expectant of a win.
    Agreed. Even though he still came off as arrogant this time around, I think he was a lot less surprised than he was the first time.

Although I will say that, during the final tribal council after Danielle said her thing, I think you could see in his face that he knew he wasn't getting a single vote from this jury. His face said it all ...
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Judging by his body language when Jeff started reading the votes last night, he was very much resigned to "knowing" his fate of not even being close to winning Heroes vs. Villains.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    II wouldn't bet on that ... if memory serves he was recently arrested for shoving an 18 year female heckler to the ground.
    I read that too. Personally I can see it happening without real "evil" being involved. She could have been getting in his face or one of his family members and he gave her a "get back you're in my space" shove. A "shove" is not the same as a "punch". I don't know why but I could see myself doing something like that if someone is in my "space". I may or may not be really angry but sometimes people leave you no choice.

I think all three played a good game. He played an awesome game but for the last 20 seasons and him being the fan he is...he should know that tribal council is very shortly after you voted a person out. They are NOT emotionless robots. I think somewhere along the 39 days it becomes more than a "just" game. Maybe...just MAYBE...if the final vote was held maybe a week or two AFTER the last person was voted out...maybe some of those "emotions" would settle and they'd vote differently. Sandra...really came through at the right time. She knew WHEN to stir up trouble and WHEN to keep her mouth shut.

One of the BIG things to remember is there's a LOT that goes on that we don't see. There are about about 936 hours in the filming and we only see about 13 hours of it.

Four years ago one pair of survivors got really attached to one another and well...they got an ADORABLE little girl now. Rob looks like he's still very much in love with her too.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    One of the BIG things to remember is there's a LOT that goes on that we don't see. There are about about 936 hours in the filming and we only see about 13 hours of it.
    Which explains why a lot of them can blame their portrayal on editing (which seems in part to have merit considering how different some of them seem in and out of the game), and yet another reason why it is a bad idea to let the viewing public have a vote in who gets the million.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

and yet another reason why it is a bad idea to let the viewing public have a vote in who gets the million.
    Goodness, agreed! I can't believe Russell won fan favorite. Seriously??

So glad Sandra won. Regardless of how she is in challenges, she proved TWICE she could outwit, outlast and outplay. Two different juries, same result.

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly happy with the outcome. I think Parvati should have really won...I think she was behind a lot of the bold moves that got them to the end. However, she annoyed me. And Russel was just plain nasty this season, even more so than last season. I don't see how he expected people to vote for him after treating them like dirt.

I do have one question...did anyone else notice the scene where they were at the final three and eating the breakfast. Russel was talking to the camera about making it to day 39 twice, and then he made a statement about last season bringing people to the final that he thought he could beat, and how he didn't. Did I misunderstand this statement?? I know the live results show of Samoa was after H vs. V was filmed, so what was he referring to?
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Ria, good catch. My only guess is that some of the confessionals might have been filmed after the other filming wrapped? Or that he did his own straw poll of the other Samoa contestants and realized before that finale that he didn't win? Though he gave us a different impression with his reaction. So, hm. I don't know.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I think it's worth noting at least that America has chosen him as the best each season he played.

That can mean one of two things ... either he's the beneficiary of favorable editing (unlikely since he's clearly portrayed as a "villain") or that, when personal feelings are taken out of the equation, Russell is the best player.

The fact that Russell, a guy that America would normally love to hate, has won the popular vote not once but twice, says a lot to me about the way impartial observers view his gameplay.
    Agreed

and yet another reason why it is a bad idea to let the viewing public have a vote in who gets the million.
    I think that in order to mantain the original idea of the show, America should be now the ones who vote.
    We could vote on game play, not vote based on who was mean to me or who was my friend, this isnt "social survivor" this isnt who has the most friends on facebook, the name of the game is- "Outwit, Outplay & Outlast" And if a hated player such as russel has been able to form aliances with everyone, lie to everyone and they still havent been able to oust him, then to me russel has Outwitted, Outplayed & Outlasted and that is the name of the game.

Which obviously is why America has voted 2 years in a row for Russel because he has played the game according to it's original premise.

Also, there is something to be said about Sandra not being a gracious winner, she wasnt graceful about the win at all, and that queen nonsense was ridiculous.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. Russell hasn't outplayed or outwitted or he would have the jury votes. He can play a good game and outlast to the end, but then he completely loses his game. And in the original game, we didn't have the immunity idols, which is the only thing that kept him in both games to the end. He couldn't kick it old school. No idols. He would have been voted off early both the games that he played.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggeRia View Post
    I do have one question...did anyone else notice the scene where they were at the final three and eating the breakfast. Russel was talking to the camera about making it to day 39 twice, and then he made a statement about last season bringing people to the final that he thought he could beat, and how he didn't. Did I misunderstand this statement?? I know the live results show of Samoa was after H vs. V was filmed, so what was he referring to?
    I caught that as well and it had me wondering. I didn't watch last season, but I remembered the chatter on here and I questioned that statement.

Now that they've had 20 seasons of survivor, they can do a show with winners only.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. Russell hasn't outplayed or outwitted or he would have the jury votes. He can play a good game and outlast to the end, but then he completely loses his game. And in the original game, we didn't have the immunity idols, which is the only thing that kept him in both games to the end. He couldn't kick it old school. No idols. He would have been voted off early both the games that he played.
    Totally agree!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TiggeRia View Post
    I would guess they film some of those confessional scenes after the fact.

I disagree. Russell hasn't outplayed or outwitted or he would have the jury votes.
    Yeah, I mean ... no doubt. You can't claim you outlasted everyone when you don't win. Technically, he came in third.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: