Quantcast 2010 Moms & Moms-to-be Club - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post Thanks / Like

Baby Abigail is here!

After a rough last few weeks of pregnancy, she is finally here! Satuday the 16th, I woke up in more pain than ever. No contractions just really achy and off feeling all day. Took my BF to work, and took m 2 year old for a donut. I walked around Walmart, hoping to kick start some contractions. Nothing. So I went home and just was lazy rest of the day. I felt horrible and even bending to change my 2 year old was excruciating. So mom came and got him. (my 11 y/o was at his dad's for the weekend) I went to pick up my BF from work around 6:30 and the contractions started on the way. I timed them but they were 10 minutes apart just like they had been every night that week, so I thought nothing of them. We went home and made pigs in blankets and watched the whole race. By the end of the race the contractions were getting rough and had moved to 7 minutes. I said, let's go get checked, just to see where we are.

Thank goodness I did. I thought I would be checked and sent home. But I was at 4 and baby was breech. So I had to have an emergency c-section. The c-section went great, I had an embarrassing panic attack while going numb, but then found it wonderful They gave me a spinal instead of the regular epi since it was sugery. Baby Abigail was born at 2:22 am Sunday Oct 17. She was 7 lbs and 9.5 oz, 20 inches long. My biggest baby so far. And I was only at 37 weeks according to my original due date. She was jammed way up in there and there was no way she would have been born naturally. She is so beautiful. Most c-sections mean a 4 day stay in the hospital. I got to go home Tuesday morning.

Since the pregnancy was so rough, the recovery has been easy and the baby has been amazing. I am getting more sleep now then I was before! She is just an angel and I am loving having her here.
    コoコ Lizzy コoコ

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    Baby Abigail is here!

After a rough last few weeks of pregnancy, she is finally here! Satuday the 16th, I woke up in more pain than ever. No contractions just really achy and off feeling all day. Took my BF to work, and took m 2 year old for a donut. I walked around Walmart, hoping to kick start some contractions. Nothing. So I went home and just was lazy rest of the day. I felt horrible and even bending to change my 2 year old was excruciating. So mom came and got him. (my 11 y/o was at his dad's for the weekend) I went to pick up my BF from work around 6:30 and the contractions started on the way. I timed them but they were 10 minutes apart just like they had been every night that week, so I thought nothing of them. We went home and made pigs in blankets and watched the whole race. By the end of the race the contractions were getting rough and had moved to 7 minutes. I said, let's go get checked, just to see where we are.

Thank goodness I did. I thought I would be checked and sent home. But I was at 4 and baby was breech. So I had to have an emergency c-section. The c-section went great, I had an embarrassing panic attack while going numb, but then found it wonderful They gave me a spinal instead of the regular epi since it was sugery. Baby Abigail was born at 2:22 am Sunday Oct 17. She was 7 lbs and 9.5 oz, 20 inches long. My biggest baby so far. And I was only at 37 weeks according to my original due date. She was jammed way up in there and there was no way she would have been born naturally. She is so beautiful. Most c-sections mean a 4 day stay in the hospital. I got to go home Tuesday morning.

Since the pregnancy was so rough, the recovery has been easy and the baby has been amazing. I am getting more sleep now then I was before! She is just an angel and I am loving having her here.
    Glad you are both doing fine. and Happy Birthday Abigail.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Lizzy!
    Susan ーoー

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the doctor on Tuesday, and I'll be 8 weeks on Sunday. I thought I was a little further along, must've taken the test right after getting pregnant. My due date is June 26. Of course, with me having diabetes, the baby will probably be born somewhere around the 20th, if he/she stays that long.
    Sammie went with us, and she enjoyed getting to see the "baby," although I'm sure she didn't understand why we thought the little "blob" was a baby.
    We don't plan to make it public til Christmas, though, as so many of my friends have miscarried this early. So I'll just share here.
    David (DH) is happy to have a baby share his birth month, since Sammie shares mine. Kinda cool how that worked out.
    Susan ーoー

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Susan so happy for you. Did Sammie have fun in Disney?

-Thayre
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! She did. She didn't like the characters with masks up close, but had fun interacting with them from afar. She loved everything else. It was a great trip!
    Susan ーoー

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Susan!

Baby Abigail is growing like a weed! She gained almost 2 lbs and grew 2 inches already! She giggled in her sleep the other night, it was the cutest thing. She smiles alot, I know she is only 3 weeks old but these have to be real smiles, not just gas smiles.
    コoコ Lizzy コoコ

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Lizzy!

Susan- I think Myers finally got that there was something going on once my belly started to get bigger. He really looked at us like we were crazy when we got all excited about the ultrasound at 8 weeks! Some of the kids in my class still don't believe that I have a baby in my belly.

I am officially in my 3rd trimester and am really starting to feel tired and worn out by the end of the day. I have been taking extra hours at work to make more money for maternity leave, but it is starting to drain me! I just keep reminding myself that by working the extra hours now I will be able to stay home for longer once Jacob arrives.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats everyone!

Well....I'm going to go see the RE and get the fibroids removed. I think it's time. As scared as I am, I'm ready.

Then, we're going to be starting ttc again!

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Anna I'm sending you a little pixie dust for good luck!

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to everyone and good luck to anyone TTC.

After about a year of trying my husband and I have finally conceived our first baby! We are 8 weeks along and got to hear the baby's heartbeat on Friday. Might I say that was exciting!!!!

Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on something because we are having a hard time deciding on when to tell everyone. Right now the only ones that know are my parent's and DH's parents. My DH's Mom is very excited and already spilled the beans to his one Grandmother!

So should we tell everyone at Thanksgiving before more people find out or wait until Christmas and I'm done my first trimester?

Thanks everyone!
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

Pastcastmemberdaughter- Congrats! It is really up to you as to when you tell people. With ODS we told my parents, ILs and our siblings at about 8 weeks. We waited to tell everyone else until after my 1st trimester. This time around we told my parents and ILs at about 6 weeks and everyone else at 10 weeks (just b/c we had a big family get together around that time and knew we wouldn't see them again for several months).

Anna- Good luck with the fibroids procedure!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pastcastmemberdaughter View Post
    Just wanted to get everyone's opinion on something because we are having a hard time deciding on when to tell everyone. <snip>So should we tell everyone at Thanksgiving before more people find out or wait until Christmas and I'm done my first trimester?
    That's a very personal decision, I think. With my first, we found out Jan.26, went to our first appt. Feb.4 (was 6.5 weeks along) and told everyone the next day. However, I'm high-risk and it's kind of hard to hide an every-2 week-doctor's appt.
    With our second (I'm 10 weeks now), we have, so far, told our parents, grandparents, my siblings (aren't as close to his), and a couple of very close friends. I've had a few friends miscarry lately, and I'm just not ready to deal with that publicly. I may not have to (please, God), but if so, I don't want to have to tell the world that I'm no longer pregnant. Understand?
    I will be a day from 14 weeks at Christmas, so that's when we plan to make it public. I've been blessed to be able to schedule my doctor's appts on school breaks, so far, so no one's the wiser. And truthfully, the longer we go without telling, the easier it seems to be.
    Then again, both of our moms have slipped and told someone else... which is annoying... it's our news to tell! I threatened them if they told anyone else.
    Susan ーoー

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant very excited!!
    Offsite: 1977-1990's
    96- CB
    00-ASM
    May 01-Honeymoon- BC
    Feb 02-ASS
    Mar 04- ASM
    Feb 05-SS
    Nov 06-SS
    July 2007-SS
    Mar 08-SSR
    SSR Mar 09
    OKW July 09
    SSR Dec 10
    OKW Sept 12

DVC Member since April 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey052501 View Post

This nausea is killing me. I'm not throwing up often, but I often wish I could. At my appt last Wed., I had lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I've probably lost more since then. But I just can't seem to eat. I can't remember if it was this bad with my first, or not, but last night, DH said, "I swear, you're not getting pregnant again! This is ridiculous!" I wouldn't eat dinner (had a migraine anyhow), and then when he begged me to try the homemade sausage he was making (I gave my most pitiful face, but he was frustrated and I felt sorry for him), I promptly threw it back up.

I only gained 26 lbs with Sammie, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to lose that much with this one! I'm 10.5 weeks, so I'm hoping it lets up soon!
    Susan ーoー

You cheated.
    Pirate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey052501 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post

This nausea is killing me. I'm not throwing up often, but I often wish I could. At my appt last Wed., I had lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks. I've probably lost more since then. But I just can't seem to eat. I can't remember if it was this bad with my first, or not, but last night, DH said, "I swear, you're not getting pregnant again! This is ridiculous!" I wouldn't eat dinner (had a migraine anyhow), and then when he begged me to try the homemade sausage he was making (I gave my most pitiful face, but he was frustrated and I felt sorry for him), I promptly threw it back up.

I only gained 26 lbs with Sammie, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to lose that much with this one! I'm 10.5 weeks, so I'm hoping it lets up soon!
    Susan, I felt the same way with Gavin. My pregnancy with emme was great! Maybe this time it's a boy? Hope you feel better soon!

Mickey052501 Congratulations Welcome to the mommy club! Can't wait to hear about all your baby updates!

Post Thanks / Like

So glad I stumbled upon this thread! I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child, and currently have a Disney trip planned for the long weekend in January. We are DVC members so have been countless times before, but I知 nervous as to my endurance for the long days and travelling required within the parks and resort. We are staying at OKW so will have to take the buses, but we are on the waitlist for the BW and BLT which I feel would be better locations for me in terms of parks and meals. We are going with extended family including 3 kids under the age of 17, and even though I clearly won稚 be able to keep up with them I知 just hoping that I値l be able to sustain the daily grind. Right now I can barely get through the workday and go to bed by 8pm. I know I can take it easy in the parks and I certainly don稚 need to do everything, but the last thing I want to happen is to lose steam while I知 there and miss out on dinners and experiences with the family. I知 hoping my energy level will get better but either way, does anyone have any advice on how to handle Disney while pregnant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mimi78 View Post
    So glad I stumbled upon this thread! I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child, and currently have a Disney trip planned for the long weekend in January. We are DVC members so have been countless times before, but I知 nervous as to my endurance for the long days and travelling required within the parks and resort. We are staying at OKW so will have to take the buses, but we are on the waitlist for the BW and BLT which I feel would be better locations for me in terms of parks and meals. We are going with extended family including 3 kids under the age of 17, and even though I clearly won稚 be able to keep up with them I知 just hoping that I値l be able to sustain the daily grind. Right now I can barely get through the workday and go to bed by 8pm. I know I can take it easy in the parks and I certainly don稚 need to do everything, but the last thing I want to happen is to lose steam while I知 there and miss out on dinners and experiences with the family. I知 hoping my energy level will get better but either way, does anyone have any advice on how to handle Disney while pregnant?

first off congrats!
    im sure your energy will come back..and youll be able to have a great time! i went last Sept (2009) when i was 30 weeks pregnant..i just had to take a few more rests than i usually would..but otherwise i was fine..granted every womens pregnancy is different..but i really think youll be just fine..have fun!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to send a out to all the moms!

I also have a bit of exciting news to share..... no not baby news, but I am returning to work. I got a job offer that is perfect for our family. I get to still stay home with the kids and work afternoons/nights. My MIL will watch the kids for 2.5 hours until the hubby get home. It's perfect its only 3 days a week for 15 hours. It's a bit scary returning to work after 4.5 years, but I can't wait! I love the kids but mommy needs a break also. Not to mention it will be nice to have a little erxtra money again. I guess I will start saving for our next Disney vaction. Wish me luck I start in 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great holiday! The kids had a great time opening presents and it was nice to finally see my husband. During the holiday season he works 55+ hours a week so we don't see him much. The kids are sucking up every moment with daddy they can

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy , New Year!

-Thayre

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: