Quantcast How Much Longer Will Mickey And Minnie's House Be Open?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy How Much Longer Will Mickey And Minnie's House Be Open?

How long will the house's in toontown stay open before the are torn down? Does anyone have a date before they get closed?

I will be there in 17 days and i havent seen the houses since i was a kid on my first WDW trip, and i would love to see them and relive my childhood one last time before they are gone for good.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

A date hasn't been announced, but all current indications are that it will be no earlier than next year.
    Figment! aka Jason șoș
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

there closing mickey and minnies houses????? that is sooo sad!!! i love those little houses! even if they are always completely packed and crouded! i always thought they should have made mickeys more interactive... but are they going to refurb or replace them? what will be there instead???

well, i guess i can no longer say im gonna kick minnie out and live there myself...
    '03-All Star Movies
    '04-Port Orleans Riverside
    '05-Port Orleans French Quarter
    Spring '10-Pop Century
    Fall '10-Coronado Springs

Nothing's Impossible.
    Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Keep-Swimming View Post
    there closing mickey and minnies houses????? that is sooo sad!!! i love those little houses! even if they are always completely packed and crouded! i always thought they should have made mickeys more interactive... but are they going to refurb or replace them? what will be there instead???

well, i guess i can no longer say im gonna kick minnie out and live there myself...
    There was an announcement at D23 that Fantasyland is undergoing a complete rehab. If you search under the News section here on Intercot, you can read all about it.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they're still there when we arrive at the end of August. We always start our first day a Magic Kingdom by going to Mickey's Toontown Fair on the train. I'm not sure where we would start if they were gone!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard where guests will meet Mickey and Minnie after the Fantasyland refurb is complete? Are they moving them to Main Street?
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read somewhere that they were moving the houses, or going to build new ones, in a different area (maybe somewhere around Main Street?). Did I just imagine this?
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    How long will the house's in toontown stay open before the are torn down? Does anyone have a date before they get closed?
    I haven't heard any dates for individual areas but I would imagine that they would still be open well into 2010 as there is a TON of infrastructure work that has to be done north and northeast of the current Fantasyland area to accommodate the expansion. For example, the RR will go down early next year for several months while the trackage gets relocated, new north access roads, security checkpoint, backstage buildings, etc., etc., get redone and relocated as a lot of them are in the way.

I would think that a lot of the expansion will be back-stage and "out of sight" to the public for quite a while before we start seeing tangible changes to the "on-stage" areas. Could be wrong though but just what I have heard about what has to be relocated, having come from a commercial construction backround for a lot of years, this is a very large back-stage project and has to be done in what is now the access areas that all MK CM's use to get from parking to the Kingdom and these areas are in use 24 hours a day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    I would think that a lot of the expansion will be back-stage and "out of sight" to the public for quite a while before we start seeing tangible changes to the "on-stage" areas. Could be wrong though but just what I have heard about what has to be relocated, having come from a commercial construction backround for a lot of years, this is a very large back-stage project and has to be done in what is now the access areas that all MK CM's use to get from parking to the Kingdom and these areas are in use 24 hours a day.
    I would say this is a good assessment. Disney tends to do the backstage work first and only does work that impedes the guest experience when it is the only option left.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

We were talking about this in the car today on the way to school, and my DS 5 told me that I was a liar, that they were not, but I told him its true, sad but true.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, they're not tearing them down forever - they're moving them. Don't panic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lakin View Post
    There not tearing them down?!?!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

From what I understood last month when they were giving us an overview of the new Fantasyland one afternoon, ToonTown is "going away" completely, not getting moved. I could be wrong about this but this is what I understood. Several people questioned this but the manager that was giving us the overview said this and I can assure you that he holds a very high place in the MK organization chart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    From what I understood last month when they were giving us an overview of the new Fantasyland one afternoon, ToonTown is "going away" completely, not getting moved. I could be wrong about this but this is what I understood. Several people questioned this but the manager that was giving us the overview said this and I can assure you that he holds a very high place in the MK organization chart.
    That's how I understood it as well. It would be great if they could save the house's but I don't think they will. They should move them to MGM somewhere. It's a shame to just get rid of them.

Hey, since they don't want them, maybe I can take them off of their hands for them . I have a nice big back yard

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    Has anyone heard where guests will meet Mickey and Minnie after the Fantasyland refurb is complete? Are they moving them to Main Street?
    From what I've heard, Mickey and Minnie should be moving to Main Street.

Unfortunately the houses are being taken down. They are not being moved.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Only about twenty-five miles away from the most magical place on Earth
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought that's what they said in the D23 announcement???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: