We are in the planning stages of our next non Disney/FL vacation and I need some help. We are thinking about Yellowstone and I have been reading up on it alot but of course I have some "issues". I refuse to get on a small plane so I am thinking that the airport in Jackson Hole is out and we will have to fly into Salt Lake City and drive about 5 hours to get to Yellowstone. We had no problem when we flew into Las Vegas and drove the 5 hours to the Grand Canyon. In fact the drive was very easy and didn't really seem like that long.But here are my questions. How is the drive from SLC to Yellowstone? Can you get lost easily or is it pretty much a straight drive? Is SLC the best airport to fly into or am I missing something?

Other non flight questions. Which hotel within the park should we stay at. I know we have to book a year in advance so that's why I'm looking into it now. How many day do we need? We are not big hikers, we don't mind walking but would only take easy trails.

I would love to hear from people who have been to both parks also for your thoughts on how they compare to each other.