Quantcast No Attractions?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Attractions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Attractions?

this may not be the right forum and i apologize in advance if it's not.
    but last night my friend and i were dicussing if we could go to Disneyworld, for a week, and not go to any attractions?
    so do you think you could do it and still be just as happy as you would going to attractions.
    here are the rules....
    you stay on site, hotel of your choice. you stay a week. have the deluxe dining plan so you can eat anywhere you want (no show meals-luau, hoop de roo), you have a park hopper pass. you can go through any que you want, you can go in any shopping area, you can go through the countries at epcot and explore the countries. you can use disney's off park perks (golf, boating, etc), you can view parades, fireworks,e tc...(bascially anything that you don't have to wait in line for)

He thinks it would be boring, but i disagree. I love the attractions...but i think it be pretty awesome to just take my time and appreciate all the little things Disney does, to look for the details, to appreciate how nothing is there w/o a reason...
    so having said that...what are your thoughts? would you be bored? or would you think you could still have fun just exploring?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it could be done, but . . . . . WHY?
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

The why? why not? ha
    I'm just saying that there is so much detail in every thing Disney does, that sometimes we miss out on that and don't appreciate it.
    I listened to a pod cast w/ a tour of Hollywood Studios w/ one of the imagineers. it was really interesting to listen to him walking around HS and talking about the architecture of some of the buildings and why certain details were there....and i realized as i am usually rushing down the road toward the Tower of terror, i missed so much.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

DH & I did a 5 day resort only trip in the summer. We just wanted to get away for a few days and relax. We are DVC so the hotel was already covered and NYC-MCO is an easy and fairly inexpensive flight. We spent a lot of time hanging out by the pool, some time on the Boardwalk & DTD, etc.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Yuo know, we are going a couple of days early in January just to visit the Boardwalk and DTD. I think you could easily spend a week of better without attactions. They are GREAT...but you spend so much time running and/or waiting for one that you miss so many other things
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Does the boatride from Riverside to DTD count? That was one of the most peaceful and scenic boat rides I was ever on...at night it was even more fun. I could take that ride all day.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

i could definitly see a resoert trip only with delux dining, however, if you are going to get park hoppers, and go through the cues, i would not see the sense in not enjoying the ride as well, i would just take your time to slow down and take in all the detail you want to,without feeling the rush to run for FP.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

2-3 days maybe, but not a week!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with stitchaholic. If I'm going into the parks, I'm going to do some rides. I'd maybe cut back on the amount of rides I do.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be a great way to experience the WDW we take for granted. So many times we rush thru to get the fast pass or stand in line for a ride, we miss the extras that are there. I think my family should try it sometime and I am going to bring it up tonight at dinner.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I would have a tough time not hopping on any attractions. Have a great time though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sMom View Post
    I think it would be a great way to experience the WDW we take for granted. So many times we rush thru to get the fast pass or stand in line for a ride, we miss the extras that are there. I think my family should try it sometime and I am going to bring it up tonight at dinner.
    i agree with you, but don't blame me when your family starts throwing their mash potatoes at you.

Post Thanks / Like

If I did, then I wouldn't spend the small fortune for the park passes. I would lounge at the pool, go to the spa, and just relax, then go to the shops and restaurants at night. I could easily do that. But I wouldn't pay for the passes and not go on any rides or attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

When your a cast member you get into the parks for free whenever you want. I did this many times when I was there-going into parks just to go shopping or to look for something that I heard about (hidden mickey etc).
    Its definitely possible because I did this many times. Basically the parks were my mall. Instead of going to an actual mall I'd be like hmmmmm what park will I go to today? Somedays I would just go to a specific park to just shop.
    Then there were days where I'd wake up and say hmmmmmmm today I feel like going on the haunted mansion and I would just get up and go ride it
    Those were the days!!!
    I dont' think I could do that if I was on vacation there though. This July I was there for a WDW wedding and we didn't get any tickets to the parks because my DH and I were both in the wedding party and we had my DS who was only 7 months at the time. I did however cave in and get tix to go to MK. I just couldn't be there with my baby and not have him meet Mickey!! I was dying!! So at least we did all of Fantasyland. Those rides are what its truly all about!
    I tried not to go to any parks and I just couldn't do it. So no I don't think I'd be able to do it if I was on vaca there.
    Working there is a different story because you have time not to go on attractions and you have lots of time TO go on them
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope - I couldn't do it. I'd love to have the time to go do many of the other things listed by the previous posters but I'd have to ride the attractions too.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I so could see that, I could see spending time by the pool and taking pictures. I would also love to have time just to shop and eat at some of the more unique places. However I would have a hard time not getting in line for character photos!
    DEC 2005 Pop Century
    Oct 2006 Old Key West
    Dec 2007 All Star Sports
    Sept 2008 Pop Century

February 2012 off property!

Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty much how I do WDW. I have a spine injury and I can't ride most of the rides. My DH takes the kids and I sit in a shady spot with a book.
    But we do all the shows and stuff, I guess it would be hard to do absolutly nothing.
    I know you
    I walked with you once upon a dream.
    We've Stayed at GF, AKL, BW, BC, CR, FW Cabins, CS, CBR, AS Music, POP, POFQ, OKW,SSR
    Last Trip: SSR April 2015
    Next Trip: Yacht Club Oct 2015

Post Thanks / Like

i think it's an interesting discussion. and thank you everyone for your wonderful replies....It's easy for me to be here in Kansas, sitting at my desk, hoping that the next 51 days go by quickly, and to say I would love to do Disney and not go on attractions....however, i'm sure once in the park and I see Small World, the jungle cruise, tower of terror, Muppet show, soarin', etc....i would have a hard time just walking past them.
    The last thing i do at disney during my trips, is to spend the last few hours, just strolling through Magic Kingdom...one last time....watching the people...taking in the smells, sights, just the whole Disney vibe....and i love that. but not sure i could do that for a whole week!!!

hey did i mention, i'm just 51 days away from boarding a plane (in fact, i will be boarding a plane at this exact same time in 51 days!) and going to Disneyworld!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the "no way" folks. It's difficult for us to do Disney for 15 days without not walking into a park each day. In fact, unless we have something going on off-property, we actually do set foot in a park each day. I can't imagine what it would be like to know our favorite attractions were so close and not experience them.

I will say, however, that we've slowed the pace way down the past couple of years so that we do enjoy the little things at Disney.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I could do it, but I love the concept! This time (89 days away) I'm not running to do anything! I'm going to slow down and have more time for magic. I'm the planner and the schedule keeper for my family. In the past, it's always been about getting as much done as we can. But, since it's our 3rd time, we can chill out and take it easy. I, too, just want to walk through and take in all the special attention to detail. I bought my son the hidden Mickey book for Christmas, so we can all help him on his quest to find them all! However, I will be riding things since he is 10 years old. We're also going to do more TS meals. We never did more than 1 or 2 on our previous 2 trips. If I'm eating more, I'll be moving slower anyway!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: