Quantcast Ridemakerz Now Open in DTD!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ridemakerz Now Open in DTD!

A new tenant is open in Downtown Disney at the DLR! Ridemakerz is the more masculine version of Build-a-Bear (they are 25% owners in this store!) ... in a nutshell, you pick a car at a base of about $30 ... and a remote control ($25), and lots of accessories and it's a cool toy for kids of all sizes (total with most gizmos is about $70!)! Sounds fun ... and its nice to see something that is specifically not so Little Princess oriented!

**Updated, it's confirmed ... they are open for business!**
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NotaGeek; 10-13-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I can confirm that, currently there is a sign (on a piece of large white paper...and written in what looks like marker) that reads "Ridemakerz" in the window of Illuminations.

I saw this last week and was a bit baffled by it. Makes sense now!

And, I have to say...this is SO cool. My 3 year old will go NUTS for this. Finally...something for BOYS in Downtown Disney (other than the Lego store). I'm happy to see they are adding more "kid oriented" stores to the area in general, as it resembled a high end outdoor mall too much, of which there is NO shortage here in Orange County.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridemakerz opened this past Friday (October 9th)- although at this point it is only scheduled through the holiday season (have not committed to a long term lease). It takes up half of the former Department 56 space where LittleMissMatched takes up the other half.

In the Illuminations space will be a store called D-Street which will carry similar merchandise as Vault 28.

In the space that was temporarily setup for LittleMissMatched while they were working on their permanent space in the former Department 56 store will be a Disney holiday store that should be set to open mid-November I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Ridemakerz opened this past Friday (October 9th)- although at this point it is only scheduled through the holiday season (have not committed to a long term lease). It takes up half of the former Department 56 space where LittleMissMatched takes up the other half.

In the Illuminations space will be a store called D-Street which will carry similar merchandise as Vault 28.

In the space that was temporarily setup for LittleMissMatched while they were working on their permanent space in the former Department 56 store will be a Disney holiday store that should be set to open mid-November I believe.
    Thanks for the info ... I hope this store makes it, cause it sounds great!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Duh...the sign I saw was in the old Dept 56 space indeed! This was early last week, and it seemed like the windows were lined on the inside with black curtains. I can't believe it's open already! Wow...they were fast with the outside signage!

There was a sign in the old Illuminations space, but I didn't get close enough to read it. It must have said "D-Street"...

We were at DLR yesterday, but didn't go to Downtown Disney. I'll have to check it out on my next trip over there in a few days.

Thanks for the heads up that it might only be a temporary thing, Mufasa! It sounds like a good Christmas present for my son...

Any word if they will give an AP discount?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Any word if they will give an AP discount?
    Probably worth it to ask given that a lot of the outside vendor stores in DTD like build a bear and lego offer 10% discount for all AP holders.

I also think there are a few retailers over at gardenwalk that are also offering discounts and incentives to AP holders, though they aren't "official"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: