Quantcast Disney World...alone?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney World...alone?

Has anyone gone to Disney World alone? How was your experience?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been several times alone, often during times when I was in the area on other business trips. It's fun, but it's a whole different experience. There are websites or blogs devoted to traveling solo to Disney.

The good is that you can go at a pace you want and try to see as much as you can possibly squeeze in. One day, I did several attractions at the Magic Kingdom, took the monorail to Epcot and did some things there, took the boat to Disney Studios and did some things there, then back to the Magic Kingdom and finished the evening there. It was kind of fun!

The bad is that you can't talk to people like you would if you were there with family. Sure, you can strike up conversations with other guests or castmembers, but it's different.
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

Post Thanks / Like

loved it! while it is true, standing in a queue line, or waiting for your food at a sit-down restaurant can be a little tedious the solo trip is really excellent. not interested in a ride or attraction? move along. wanna ride something twice? go for it! need a sit down break? it's all you. you can cover so much more so quickly and really make your trip all about you. you might have a moment here and there where you might want someone with you, but WDW has a way of making you have a blast solo, or in a group.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I've thought about it but it seems like every time I do, someone decides to come along! I've spent time alone in the parks and have been perfectly comfortable. It's nice to go at your own pace. But it's also nice to have someone along to talk to.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I go solo all the time and really enjoy being on my own schedule. I always meet up with fellow Intercotees and meet people on the bus and in line. It really is a great experience and I would recommend to anyone who asks about it
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I went last year solo and I loved it. I got to see some things my hubby doesn't so much enjoy and got to go at my own pace. I love going with DH but I totally loved my solo trip as well/
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

i do it a lot, but i live in the area. ill sometimes use it as a reward for myself when something goes well. such as today i might make a stop at epcot because i did well on my tests this week.

i get to do what i want, stop and see the shows i want eat where i want, but it is different and fun any way.
    “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
    Arthur C. Clarke

"Disney Imagineers- mixing imagination with vision and technology to really bring magic to life"

“The closer you look at something, the more you see…”

Post Thanks / Like

I went solo last year while at a conference. It was interesting to be able to just do what I wanted when I wanted, but, honestly, I found it made me miss my family a whole lot as we all enjoy Disney together. Going solo was nice, but not as fun as I thought it would be.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to WDW solo 3 times and counting down my 4th!!!

I love going solo and with family and friends. The advantages of going solo are:

-I can do what I want when I want, I can spend a whole haopping park to poark meeting characters and on my last day I hit all 4 parks and do the rides I love before I leave

-I can eat at earl of sandwich as many times as I like!!!

-I can do the attractions I want to do!!

-SINGLE RIDER LINES!!!!

That's just a few things, a couple down sides are ding alone can be lonely but I just text my friends when I waiting to eat and fill them in on what i am doing/eating LOL. And character lines without PPass can be akward but the Cm's are usually happy to take your pic for you.

Any opportunity to go to WDW solo or not is worth it!!!
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it once. I loved it for all the positive reasons stated. I hope to do many more.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I go all the time alone. The one time I went with my sister I forgot she was with me and lost her in the crowd.
    In December I am going with my Mom. I have been going nuts planning this vacation. Normally I just do a room since I have a pass. Planning this also got in the way of my Sept. solo vacation trying to figure out what my Mom would like.
    After this, I go back to solo. It will be cheaper too.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

i've never done it, but i would love to someday...
    when i've gone w/ friends or family i usually try to get lost for a few hours, and that's always fun to just enjoy things at my own pace..
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I always meet up with fellow Intercotees and meet people on the bus and in line.
    That's saying something !
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    ºoº WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    ºoº TDL 6-83, 9-91
    ºoº DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done it but one of my girlfriends used to several times. She LOVED it. She went where SHE wanted to go WHEN she wanted to go. It was easy to get a table at a lot of resturants. And you never felt guilty getting into single rider lines.

She always said it was a real PEACEFUL vacation and she got to experience so much much more than she ever did with friends and family.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I've been alone twice, and other 3 times with company. I enjoy WDW anyway, but it depends on your mood, your character, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Someday

As I have said in the past, this is my dream vacation . I say go for it. Yes family and friends are important but, we all need time for ourselves. Go recharge the batteries, when you get home you will love the others in your life all the more.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I like this post.... I live less than two hrs away from Disney and never can find ppl to go with. My friends either can't afford it or straight up out grew Disney and could care less. I even dated girls that hated Disney World and that didn't last long. I've been wanting to try going alone, but afraid that it would be boring. And I know I'd probably strike a convo up at some point with someone, but I can't imagine strangers asking one another if they want to tag alone....

But I'm gonna go with you guys and try it alone.
    Wish me luck.
    thanks
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me start by saying my family has spent the last 10 years doing a WDW vacation. So when I'm around the Orlando area on business I always think I could sneak away for a day and visit the Parks. Each time I chicken out and just visit DTD. While I'm there I see all the families together and I know I couldn't actually be in the parks without them. So I usually take pictures and text them to see if they can guess where I'm at. If I didn't have so many prior memories with my family then it might be a little easier. So I don't know if I could ever do WDW without family.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to go alone whenever I traveled to Orlando for business, which was about twice a month. Every night I would go back to my hotel after meetings, change into my shorts and sneakers, and drive to Epcot for the evening. It was always so exciting to drive through the gates and get a bonus trip to Disney! I admit it was a little lonely sometimes during fireworks, when you want to hang with your family, but any Disney World is better than no Disney World! I always wondered if my boss in Chicago would know that my expensed dinners were actually in a theme park! Going alone lets you absorb more of the magic - you're not talking to someone all the time, so you really get to notice all of the details that make Disney so amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    So I don't know if I could ever do WDW without family.
    The first time I went to Disney without my children, I had the oddest sensation. My room was too quiet. Imagine that! I wasn't entirely alone because other adult family was coming for an adult get-away.

I get what you're saying, but for me it was a wonderful experience when my solo trip finally happened about a year later.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: