Quantcast DVC Charging Members for Valet Parking as of 10/11/09

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Charging Members for Valet Parking as of 10/11/09

Has anyone heard about this? We were just a the Poly where we valet parked (I thought it was free at any WDW resort for DVC members), so I called DVC to verify that I actually did have to pay at a non DVC resort, and the CM told me that effective tomorrow, 10/11/09 all members will have to pay $12.00 for valet parking. What irritates me the most about this is that it's $2 more expensive than they're charging regular guests!! I thought that free valet was a nice perk. What will they take from us next?
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way...just got back, and got charged for valet at the Boardwalk...I didn't feel like arguing, so I just paid the $.

I know that Disney is just trying to make money, but they are upsetting their core fans with this kind of nonsense...sigh
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Just chipping away, little by little...sigh.
    This is disappointing because we always rent a car. It never was free at the Poly though (or GF)- only DVC resorts that had valet like BC, BW, WL.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Valet parking at the Poly or GF has never been free for DVC members. Only Deluxe resorts with DVC accommodations offered this perk, which I just confirmed is going away on 10/11/09.

I have to tell you, this bothers me. Self-parking at Beach Club Villas is convenient, but not at any of the other DVC resorts which have valet parking. Now, I will be traveling with my mother in December and will receive complementary valet parking that trip (as she uses a wheelchair and has a handicapped parking permit) but after that, It definitely makes me like my home resort (SSR) more as I will not have the added expense.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely. They are off the hook by not having to provide "free" ME service to DVC guests but feel the need to beat them out of $12 a day to park. Nice way to treat some of their more loyal guests.

Our DVC purchase is one of my biggest regrets and wish I could convince DH to get rid of it.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Before we beat Disney up here, I thought I read that valet services at the resorts were something outsourced a year or so back by Disney. If so, it wouldn't it be that it is the outsourcing company that is charging not Disney. When I was working as a manager up here outsourcing companies would up there rates and we would have to pass them on.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post
    Lovely. They are off the hook by not having to provide "free" ME service to DVC guests but feel the need to beat them out of $12 a day to park. Nice way to treat some of their more loyal guests.

Our DVC purchase is one of my biggest regrets and wish I could convince DH to get rid of it.
    Since when do DVC members not get ME?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonscraps View Post

You can still get free self parking and free parking at the parks when you are staying at a DVC. I think I used the valet parking perk once or twice but don't usually bother. It does seem like they are chipping away at things but I would be a lot more upset if they took away the AP discount.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

1326 miles from the most magical place on earth
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Valet Parking Perk

I just read on another site that DVC members will now have to pay for Valet parking at the DVC resorts. I know this was a little "perk" we got but I loved it! It just seems the perks are going away for DVC owners and every time I turn around they are offering more and more incentives. I get the reasoning behind it but it just frustrates me....
    July'05 - Offsite
    July '06 - AKl
    April '07 - offsite
    July 08 ~ AKV!
    April 09 - SSR 1st time as DVC Member!
    July 09 - AKL-Kadani Village/SSR...
    Dec.'09- AKV
    May '10- Beach Club
    June '11- AKL
    July '13- AKL
    Feb 14 - Wilderness Lodge/Bay Lake Towers
    October 15-AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Valet perk

I got a response from DVC from my email I sent about this. They basically said too bad and have a magical day.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

There's a long thread already going on about this issue

threads now merged
    80s: Poly X 2, LBR X 3;
    CBR 3/00
    YC 10/02, 9/06
    Dolphin 10/04
    DL - Grand Californian 3/06
    Disneyland Paris 9/07
    Swan 9/08, 6/10
    BLT @ the CR, 9/09, 12/10 - Daddy-Daughter Trip

Disney-Like: Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, and 3/11

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a few posts here that describe the increase in points for weeknight room reservations as an example of the erosion of perks. I disagree with that logic. The increase in the weeknight point cost was coupled with a decrease in the weekend point cost. The result is no net change in the point cost for a room for the entire year, just as the contract says. This change was an attempt to balance demand.

For those booking weeknights using points and weekends using cash because of the difference in point cost, the same trip will cost more points. For those booking a full week using points, the change is negligible. For those booking a weekend, the point cost of the trip will go down. Disney is not lining their pockets with this one.

I agree with those who are unhappy to lose the valet parking perk. If those who speculate that the AP discount may be a future target are correct, it may be time to break out the torches and pitchforks .
    WDW Visitor since 1973, DVC member since 2000

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: