Quantcast Is Fantasmic worth the chaos? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's something to see if you haven't seen it. I personally have only seen it once, and am going to make a conscious effort to go back this time.

The dragon and the snake alone are worth the price of admission. (I'm a villian fan!)

I vote yes!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Background: two 50something adults

We just got back & saw Fantasmic for the first time at WDW (we have seen it at DL before). If you can walk in at last minute, it would be worth the time, but all that waiting, confusion, being herded like cattle... the show was good, not great. IMHO-NO.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Ian on this one. It seemed like an advertisement for a bunch of Disney films. Thanks but no thanks.

Did it once, won't be back.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Fantasmic! is, for me, without a doubt the worst nighttime show of the three, by far. I can’t even figure out how I got conned into seeing it a second time. And there was practically no wait for us either time so that wasn’t even an issue. Everything Ian said is dead on.

Now, that being said, you should see it once to make up your own mind.
    I totally agree. We saw it once, made up our mind, and don't care if we ever see it again.
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

I think your little ones will absolutely love this show. Its Mickey vs the villians and of course good always beats evil!
    I think its a great message All the characters are in it Hence why the kiddies will love it but you will like it as an adult too for the meaning behind it all
    They will enjoy it. If its chilly that day that you go do not sit up front. Sit in the middle or back. (they will get wet from the spray if there is a wind that can pick it up) I still don't see the need for getting the dining package for this show and it is DEFINITELY worth it to see it at least once in your lifetime!
    If there are 2 shows go to the 2nd. If you are worried about crowds during the day do another park in the morning and just go to DHS for the show if you think its too crowded.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I encourage everyone to try everything once, even things I dont like. To each his own, and you may find a "must do" favorite that someone else abhors.
    My family and I happen to think this is the best theme park show we've ever seen, and consider it a must. We have always used the dinner package, and been pleased to be able to stroll in and sit in the reserved section, rather than waiting in an often-long line.
    We havent been since summer 08, when the park ran a full schedule of shows. At that time, there were so many shows that there was no effect on attendance. The dining package also gave a genuine advantage at that time. Can't speak to what's going on now, but I encourage you to give it a try.
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I have told relatives who have not gone, to see it it at least once, It is very entertaining.
    I would go if I were you
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is worth it, but I love all the shows at WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

Our family 4 (2 now adults) love this show.
    1. Long day and finally sitting down.
    2. Somewhat scary, maybe sit middle to back rows.
    3. This is snack and recovery time. We go even in rain, sometimes 2 times in a 7 day trip.

Post Thanks / Like

GREAT show! I love it! We always try to show up about 45-60 minutes before show time and get a good seat. Then when the show is over, we let the thundering heard leave while we sit and talk for a while. After the stadium has cleared, we stroll back down the hill and then meander down the street to the entrance. If there are two shows that day, definitely go to the second. It is always a smaller crowd.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with other posters. Fantasmic is defiantly worth the hassle. Grab yourself a nice snack from a nearby vendor and get off your feet for a while and enjoy
    02/02 - All Star Music
    02/04 - Contemporary Resort
    09/20/2009 Very Late Honeymoon @ All Star Music

Next trip: 06/08 -06/16/2014 at Shades of Green and The Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes yes yes!

Give it a shot. This is mine and DWs favorites (then wishes and somewhere in the rear, illuminations). Our kids love the music, and we keep a CD in the car for them.

This last trip, we got there about an hour early, and the stadium was 2/3rds full. Bring snacks, and little things to entertain the kids. The nice people behind us brought coloring books and let my 2yo play with them (we reciprocated with light up glow bracelets).

At the end, we just waited until the crowds were half empty and then got up to leave. If you have little ones that are skittish, you may want warn them - there are some bangs and booms and of course the large dragon.

We didn't notice any larger crowds in the park because of Fantasmic!
    There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I would have to say that you should go see it once. We went once then again when other family members were with us and they wanted to see it. Personally, I think it is kind of disappointing once you've seen Wishes and Illuminations. As you can tell the opinions are all over the place. I would certainly say that the dinner package is NOT worth it. I was pulled into that trap once and would never recommend it to anyone, especially if you are going to be there when it is shown twice.
    Ian and Scar you are so funny! Don't hold anything back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well,

We like Fantasmic but there are too few performances per week. Disney's current
    Save a dollar
    even if it makes the guests miserable.
    They're sheep
    they'll stand in line for hours
    and knock each other down
    to see the show.
    philosophy leaves us looking at what it takes to see Fantasmic as asking each other, "Is it worth it?".

What happens when we're having dinner a year from now and and I say to our extended family, "Wanna plan another trip to Disney World?" and someone asks the group, "Is it worth it?"

We like Fantasmic but there are too few performances per week.

Post Thanks / Like

DEFINITELY SEE FANTASMIC!
    I'm shocked that there are people on here saying that this show is not worth seeing.

It is the best show in all of Walt Disney World.

Although many love them, Wishes and Illuminations are simply "Stand and watch fireworks while you listen to music."

Fantasmic! is a true SHOW.

Live actors, Amazing effects, classic Disney characters and surprises for those who have never seen it - all in a specially-built theater with its own mountain and a lake. Truly unlike anything else anywhere.

From Mickey to the Villains to the Princesses to the Special Effects to the Finale- there is no other show that is more"Disney" than Fantasmic!

And I would much rather wait for 45 minutes to see a 25 minute show than wait for an hour to ride a two minute ride.

Fantasmic! is worth it.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

I completely disagree with The Rusty Scupper...Fantasmic is not the best night time show. Normally I would agree because of the live actors but to me the show is just not worth all the headache of waiting. If you can walk right in at the last minute, ok-but otherwise I'd rather watch a fireworks show.

Post Thanks / Like

The crowds in the parks certainly do increase when Fantasmic! is showing. Folks without park hopper passes and day guests stay all day on show days, and with the limited number of productions, DHS is much more crowded than usual on those days.

We just returned a week ago and found that the DHS crowds were almost unmanageable that day, and luckily had park hopper passes and got out of there as quickly as we could. We did go back that evening for dinner and Fantasmic. It was very busy, very crowded. We got a seat about 75 minutes before the show, and we were on the very far left hand section of the stage. The theater was full 60 minutes before start. It was so hot, and with all those bodies, it was pretty stinky in there too!

All that said, we did love the show. DH, DD and myself have all seen it before, but my stepson had never seen it, so we wanted to make sure we got there. It took about 1/2 hour after the show was over to get out of the park and we took a cab back to our resort as to not battle the busses, but the show was good. However, I don't think we'll see it again on the next trip. It just isn't worth the time and the hassle, having seen it already.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Until this last trip I would have said definately go- it's worth whatever wait you have. However, my experience was not great this past time. Still good, but not great. The crowds were horrible (and this was the second show of two that night- it should have been less crowded) Of course, it didn't help matters that the fire from the dragon seemed to be messing up (little puffs instead of big streams) That was the highlight of the show for me in the past, so that might have had an impact on my enjoyment as well. However, in my opinion, having it just on select nights has pushed the crowd conditions to the point where a wonderful show is now just ...ok. Do it, but don't expect too much, I guess.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

definitely worth doing at least once, if it wasnt so crowded, i would do it every trip
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    DEFINITELY SEE FANTASMIC!
    I'm shocked that there are people on here saying that this show is not worth seeing.

It is the best show in all of Walt Disney World.

Although many love them, Wishes and Illuminations are simply "Stand and watch fireworks while you listen to music."

Fantasmic! is a true SHOW.

Live actors, Amazing effects, classic Disney characters and surprises for those who have never seen it - all in a specially-built theater with its own mountain and a lake. Truly unlike anything else anywhere.

From Mickey to the Villains to the Princesses to the Special Effects to the Finale- there is no other show that is more"Disney" than Fantasmic!

And I would much rather wait for 45 minutes to see a 25 minute show than wait for an hour to ride a two minute ride.

Fantasmic! is worth it.
    ditto! me and dw completely agree!! great post

VIctor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: