Quantcast 3rd times a charm Part 2 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Our turn to visit Donald finally came. Claire was very excited to see him.

Donald kissed Claire on the cheek here. I said, “Oh my, Daisy is going to be jealous, don’t tell her” and Donald quickly started waving his hands in a no motion and then put his finger to his mouth in a SHHH motion. LOL!

Then it was time to leave, but Claire didn’t want to. LOL!

So Donald walks her over to me. LOL!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

After Donald, we decide to walk over to Fantasyland and ride It's a Small World.

Fantasyland was jammed packed.

We parked the stroller and got in line. I think it was 20 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

After Small World we got Fast Passes for Pooh. It also came with an extra fast pass for Mickey’s Philharmagic. We are not big fans of this. I know most love it, but I find it just OK. We only saw it once, which was last year, and I just didn’t think it was anything special. So for now we decided to not use them. Maybe later.

Skip was in a lot of pain from his hip. He decided he would go back to the room and get some ibuprofen. I told him I had some with us, but he said he wanted to see if he had something else back at the room.

So we departed and Claire and I headed over to ToonTown.

We stopped and got a photopass on the way.

We got in line for Goofy’s Barnstormer.

Claire was so funny. She told me, “I rode this before” and I said “yes, you rode it several times before” and she said “I rode it with dad”.
    I told her “yes with dad and you’ve rode it with me before too.” And her reply was. “I never had to wait in a line with dad”. LOL! I guess it was my fault we had to wait in a line.

I took some pictures while waiting.

It’s a fun ride, but way too short.

Post Thanks / Like

Next on the agenda was Minnie’s house.
    It was pretty busy in there, and of course we had to wait our turn for everything. We had one of those rude families behind us, who feel they don’t have to wait. They kept pushing the kids ahead of us, and then I would tell them it’s not your turn or just block there way and they would go back. The mom would keep telling them to go ahead, and then each time they “didn’t” succeed, she would say “oh wait for that girls turn first.” I don’t know why she did it every time, because I wasn’t letting them ahead of us. LOL! We had to wait too.

This picture came out really bad and dark so I decided to play with it and gave it a funky look.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad that I found the continuation of your trip report. Great pictures. Claire looks so cute in her Aurora dress.
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

After Minnie’s house we went into the big store there in Toontown and looked around. I looked at the wait time for the Fairies…60 minutes, no thank you…and we strolled around the store. Claire found a toy. It was a Minnie Mouse spin toy. When you press the button the skirt spins and lights up. I noticed a CM gathering kids to dance, and asked Claire if she wanted to join them. But she declined and said she already danced at the parade.
    They did some dances and I noticed the kids who danced got a certificate…a “year of a million dreams” certificate. Evidently they have a lot left over and are trying to use them up. LOL!

As we left I checked the Fairy wait again. It was now up to 75 minutes!

We next took a potty break at Pete’s Garage.
    Claire was impressed that his garage was the bathroom. LOL!

After using Pete’s garage, we headed over to Mickey’s house. This house was far less crowded. In fact hardly anyone was in there.

You will notice that Claire keeps posing her new Minnie in a lot of the shots. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

When we left Mickey’s house I called DH and asked what was up. He said “he just got back and took some ibuprofen and was going to sit a little while”. I took this as he was back at the park and was sitting up front. I was wrong, as I later find out. He meant he was back at the hotel and was going to take a nap. LOL! OOPS!

Claire and I headed over to Fantasyland then to fight the crowds. We got a fast pass for Peter Pan. I actually had to wait a few minutes as the first time I was about a minute too soon. The CM told me that the computers in the machines weren’t always on the same time as the clock up above.
    We kind of wandered a bit and then I decided to do the Philharmagic. I called DH and told him we were there and he was a bit grumpy about me calling, and he told me he was resting… OK then!

I thought the fast pass entrance wasn’t anything special. We still wait in line and then we are let into the next room first, but the standby guests come in after us, and were put closer to the door to the theater.

Claire seemed to enjoy the show much more this year than last year. I just think it’s OK.

Claire had to potty then, so as we were looking for one we asked a CM when the Belle Storytime was going to start. He said in just a few minutes and directed us to the closest bathroom near there. We RAN! LOL! We went potty and then headed off to storytime. It was full and they weren’t letting anyone else in, but they did allow Claire to stand in the entrance to watch. Claire didn’t mind and loved the show.

I thought this was Belle actually reading a story, but NOPE! Again it was a small version being acted out with some of the audience members of the Beauty and the Beast story.

Claire really enjoyed this. I thought I took pictures of her watching, but I guess I didn’t.

Next we went over to use our FP for Pooh.

We enjoyed it a lot. It did stop twice and the lights came on, but nothing major and then we would go again. Kind of a neat “different” experience really. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

After the Pooh ride, Claire declared she needed something to eat. I didn’t want to get her too much because we would be eating in the not so far future. We decided on a pretzel. This sucker was huge too. But I snatched a few bites for myself as well. LOL!

As we were eating the pretzel we walked passed a bathroom, and I decide I should go. So we went in and Claire said she had to go again. I was surprised since she really had just gone not too long ago. So we went and I went to pull her pants up and UH OH! She didn’t pull her underwear down far enough before going and they got wet!
    So I took them off, and put them in a bag I had in my purse. (thank goodness I brought along little bags, something I learned to do after the two previous trips of her getting sick…always have a bag on hand just in case), and we went out and washed out hands. Marched out to the stroller ,her with nothing on under her dress, LOL! And pulled out that extra pair of underwear I just happened to pack that morning! Yay Me! We went back in the bathroom, pulled them on, her giggling the whole time about it and we were just fine and dandy then.

She had decided she would like to see Jasmine again today, so we headed off in that direction. The parade had started and boy was it hard getting through. We squeezed our way and went against the flow, but we finally saw light at the end of the tunnel.

The pirate Tutorial was going on again when we went by so I stopped to watch. Claire was just not impressed with it, so after I snapped some pictures we went on our merry way.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that I had periodically beeped DH and told him what we were doing. The last time he was very grumpy, and I asked why, and he said because he was trying to sleep. LOL! Well that’s when I found out that he was back at the hotel and not sitting on some random bench, LOL! OOPS!

So our mission was Jasmine. She was not out. I asked a CM in a nearby store and they said she would be out at 4. Well we had dinner at 4:20, so I told Claire we would try again after dinner.

We kind of worked our way towards Crystal Palace and then took a sit down break. Well Claire jumped out of the stroller and ran around while I rested. LOL! I took this picture. The screen is missing. We took pictures here previous years and there was a basket of fake apples and a screen.

Here is 2007

And this year. I wish I would’ve made Claire stand there.

When we sat down, I beeped Skip but he didn’t answer. The parade was going down Main street at this time, so I figured if he was in the park he couldn’t hear anyways.

Not long after he beeped me and said he was in front of Crystal Palace. I told him where we were, which was just over the bridge basically and he came over and sat with us. We told him what we did, and what we still wanted to do.

For Claire that was swimming and Jasmine!

We headed over to CP and I checked us in and then we waited.

I think we got called in a few minutes before our scheduled time. When you walk in they have these cute topiaries.

We were seated by the window and had a nice view.

We saw that we had JUST missed Eeyore, so I knew it would be awhile till he got around. The good thing was that the place was not full at this point.

Pooh was just about 2 tables away and then the “march” started up. Claire joined in the fun.

Post Thanks / Like

So Pooh was at our table soon after the March was over. He was a big hit. I have always had a soft spot for Pooh, which I think I have mentioned before. He was my favorite as a kid and the one character I saw when we came when I was little.

I ran up and got some food between Pooh and Piglet. I gave strict instructions to Skip to beep me on the Nextel when he was 2 tables away. LOL! But I got back in time.

Look at this sly bugger here! LOL!

We set up spinning Minnie so she could view all the action too.

Skip kept telling me to look at the guy at the table across from us. This guy looked like the banjo player at the Hoop Dee Doo review. Exactly like him. So I finally asked if he was “him” and he wasn’t. LOL! They were from Pennsylvania so I doubt he would travel daily for that gig. LOL!

They were a really nice family though and the banjo player look alike offered to take our picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Tigger was our next visitor.

Claire had a ball with him. He kept asking for the pen and she would hand it to him and then he would drop it over and over and she was laughing so hard.

Eeyore was quite a bit behind, so I got some dessert while we waited.

Another March started while waiting and I taped a bit of it, but it’s pretty bad. LOL! Mostly me telling Claire to follow Piglet. But she was snubbing him, she wanted to follow Tigger. Then a tall girl got in my way, so I stopped recording. Again I can't post it here.

Not long after the parade we saw Eeyore.

Post Thanks / Like

After we ate we decided to see once again if Jasmine was out. We passed by Rafiki on our way. I told Claire we would come back to him if he was still out later. Jasmine was out, but her line was cut off again. We asked and were told that she would be back out at 5:45 for the last time that day. It was about 5:10, so we ran back to Rafiki. We were the last ones to see him before he took a little break.

We ran back to Jasmines line and were second! YAY. We had to wait a few minutes before she came out and the line was filling fast.
    When She did come out, everyone stood and got into the line more officially. Now I was always second. Never was “out of line” and we had our stroller. This kid behind us, (probably late teens) tried to jump in front of me. [terms of service]? I was here first buddy. Well normally I try to be careful with my stroller when I’m walking, but if you try to cut me off or do something stupid, you will FEEL my wrath, and he did! Don’t mess with stroller moms. Don’t be so stupid. LOL! I did say excuse me though.

I told the photopass lady that I had preordered the CD and she was a wench. She kept asking me where? And I said I “pre ordered” it. And then she said here or online? I told her online and she seemed mad about that, AND she didn’t take a lot of pictures either. And her pictures weren’t all that great….neither were mine though. LOL! And then I go to hand her my photopass card to scan and she pulls out a new on and scans it. UGH! I am on the last day of the trip, have used the same card all week, and most likely not going to get any more photos and she gives me a new card.
    Well here are my pictures.

And the photopass ones.

Post Thanks / Like

While we were in line for Jasmine, Skip decided he was going to head back to the room again. So we 2 hot chicks were on our own again. LOL!

I decided we should use the fast pass for Peter Pan then.

Claire was worried it would be scary, but she totally enjoyed it.

We were getting tired and decided that we would check the Fairy line again and then head out.

The wait was an hour still, so no go for us. I doubled checked with Claire to be sure she didn’t want to stay and watch Spectro or the fireworks, and she was sure she was ready to go back to the room.

We slowly made our way to the front of the park. I took these on the way.

As we are walking up, I decide I want to look in shops. They were packed, of course.

I still had that “other” sweatshirt on my mind…..the one I DIDN’T buy because it didn’t have the year on it, but I liked so much…..well I bought it. I just really liked it so much, and I knew I would wear it a lot too. ( I am actually wearing it right this minute. LOL)

Finally off to the bus stop.
    The bus was packed. I had Claire sitting next to me as close as she could, the stroller between my legs and my bag on my lap. As we starting pulling into Pops driveway, I swear it felt like my butt was getting wet? Sure enough when we stood up, it was wet and the bottom of my bag was wet and there was a small puddle under my seat. NO!!!!! I didn’t pee my pants! My stupid lemonade had a slow leak UGH!

We went back to the room and got Claire ready for a swim. Skip took her out to the pool while I finished up the packing. I cleaned out the bag and took it to the laundry room to dry. I needed to use it on the plane the next day, so I couldn’t have a wet bag.

Post Thanks / Like

OOPS! I forgot we did have a last photopass taken before we left the park too.

Post Thanks / Like

where is your last day and trip home?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry! you actually just caught me on the computer for a few minutes. I have been so busy. My DH had his hip replaced this week , so I've been back and forth to the hospital. He was supposed to come home tomorrow, but he just called and said he can come home today. I am not too happy about that. He is no where near ready. But he's so antsy there. I'll try to get the rest up later this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh what the heck, if I can get my file to open quickly, I'll try and post one more update before I leave for the hosptial! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

After the swim I decided to go to DTD and use up our CS and snack credits. I planned on going to Earl of Sandwich and getting some sandwiches to put on ice overnight and then eat them on the plane tomorrow morning. And then to Goofy’s to use up the snack credits. And I also wanted to buy something for my niece, so I figured we would stop in at World of Disney.
    Claire wanted to come along with me. I wanted to do a quick trip there and back and then get settled down, maybe take a shower and get rested. NOT!
    I swear there is no way to get there quick from Pop using the buses. You can get anywhere pretty fast on the buses, EXCEPT Down Town Disney.
    I think we got in line for the bus at 8:30 and it we waited at LEAST a half hour for a dang bus to even come. We did talk to a couple of gals in line with us and they had been in line even longer, and said a bus had just left when they were walking out to the bus stop.

We finally got there and ordered our sandwiches. Claire ate her chips right away. I got brownies for DH and I.
    Skip’s plan was to go get a hot fudge sundae at the Pop food court while we were gone and then he was to beep me and tell me how many snack credits we had left. He beeped me while in EOS and told us we still had 3 left.
    Good deal!

We made our way towards WOD store. The bag with the food was getting heavy fast. I wish I had brought my canvas bag along…but it was still in the dryer drying.

We stopped off for a picture.

Then on to World of Disney

we did our shopping and picked up a Jasmine figurine doll with the rubber dresses for my niece and then a Mulan one for Claire. I asked for a big bag so I could put the sandwich bag in there too. I had drinks in that bag and it was killing my arm. Well the big bag was really heavy too. LOL!

We stopped on the way out for these pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Hope your husband is a good patient for you.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: