Quantcast Review- Beach Club Villas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Review- Beach Club Villas

Room-

We had a 1-BR for the 2 of us. Our room was ground floor, facing the quiet pool and a very easy walk for my sister to the smoking area by the Coves pool. I had the bedroom, Cheryl had the living room sleeper sofa. She said the bed was fine for her but could be an issue for someone with back issues. The mattress in the bedroom was fine; not a Heavenly bed (which is the best hotel mattress I have slept on) but comfortable enough. Rooms are refurbished and have flat panel TVs which we liked and think all DVC and deluxe accommodations should have them. We liked our room here much better than our room last year at Old Key West, which we think desperately needs some upgrading. The hi-speed Internet connection was in the corner of the living room and was nowhere near any desk. Had we not brought a wireless router, it would have been very difficult for my sister to set up to do the work she had to do each day.

Service-
    There was a scheduled power outage in the middle of the night Wednesday of which we were not informed. As the air conditioning went off, both of us woke up and my sister called the front desk (after fumbling around for the phone in the dark) and they told her it was scheduled. We should have been informed of the scheduled outage. It does not take much to place a note under a door. Also, the maid knocks on the door at 8:15 on checkout day to clean our room, which we did not appreciate. We usually would have the privacy sign out there, but mistakenly thought that we would not be bothered before the check out time of 11:00.

Overall, we would stay here again, even though there were a few bumps in the road. The room was very nice. We will be addressing Member Services about our issues, though.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Christine! We might have to stay at the Beach Club instead of the Boardwalk sometime.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We love BCV, especially SAB, the access to Epcot, and B&C!
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Staying at BCV for the first time in January, so I appreciate the info. Especially about the 'Net connection ... I'll make sure to pack a router.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Christine,
    Thanks for posting. Glad to hear that your trip was (overall) a good one.

Interesting about the internet connection...
    Most of the rooms (if not all of them) that I have stayed in have had the connection near the table... Odd set-up for your room!

Hope the rest of your trip was excellent!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    We are renting a 2BR BCV in the end of November from a DVC owner. I realize we will not have daily maid service. Will there be soaps and shampoo's upon our arrival or should I plan on bringing some?

TIA!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri Lynn View Post
    Will there be soaps and shampoo's upon our arrival
    Yes.
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Jeri Lynn,

In a 2BR, you will get soap and shampoo in each bathroom. The vanity outside the master bath will also have soap and shower gel (for the Jacuzzi tub). These will be replenished on day 4. The bottles of shampoo are small and will not last 4 days for a family, so I recommend bringing your own shampoo.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies, I will be sending a box down prior to arrival with some extra soap and shampoo, we had planned on bringing shampoo, just wasn't sure about the soap!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back...loved BCV'.

If you need extra soap or shampoo, just ask when you arrive...the same goes for pillows, blankets, etc. I've never had a problem getting more of anything at any DVC, but you need to ask on check-in, or shortly after you've arrived...so, no need to pack extra stuff.

Have fun...it's a great resort!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: