Quantcast Most obscure character you've met? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was friends with the characters (96-2004) I saw Flower and Ratigan in the tunnels. They weren't going out to do meet and greets but had shown up as a surprise for a retiring cast member.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Gadget, Launchpad McQuack, Clarice, Bo Peep (from Toy Story) Donatello & April O'Neil (from the Ninja Turtles, @ MGM in the early 90s), Carmen and Fantail (fish from the Little Mermaid) Jose Carioca & Pachito, Maid Marian and Belle's Prince.

Post Thanks / Like

I can add a new one to my list. I met Meg from Hercules last week.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I'd say Jiminey Cricket is leading the way so far. I'd be interested in seeing how they pulled that off. How long ago was it?

We had never seen all seven dwarfs until this year either. They were out with Snow (for a very limited time) at the MNSHP.
    Jiminy has been regularly meeting guests for the last three or four years. He is at Rafiki's Planet watch currently but has also been regular at the Magic Kingdom.

Here is a list of rare characters my family has met:

The Lost Boys
    Gaston
    Hades
    Little John (Robin Hood)
    Max the dog (Little Mermaid)
    Pain and Panic
    Jack Skellington and Sally
    Don Karnage
    Stromboli
    Clara Cluck
    Clarice (female chipmunk)
    Phil (from Hercules)
    Kuzco (Llama form)
    Cogsworth
    Lumiere
    The Dwarfs individually
    Phoebus
    Quasimodo
    Esmerelda
    Meg and Hercules
    Kermit and Piggy
    Jose and Panchito (I guess they are rare now)
    Snow White Evil queen in hag form
    Big Bad Wolf
    Marie (even though rumor is that she will be appearing regularly starting very soon)
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

oohhh,I am jealous, I would love some muppet meets,especially animal,fozzie and kermit!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Kermit & Miss Piggy were really sweet! We got hugs from them in 2004, when we were in the Stars & Cars Motor Car Parade at MGM.(Now, HS). Little Bo Peep made sure to show us how to wave. We were able to meet w/ all of the characters before the parade started. It was a very memorable experience!

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

We met Scrooge McDuck and Jiminy Cricket!
    Our dream would be Megara and Esmerelda!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I can add a new one to my list. I met Meg from Hercules last week.
    Good to hear Joanna. She is truly hard to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpH/keD View Post
    We met Scrooge McDuck and Jiminy Cricket!
    Our dream would be Megara and Esmerelda!
    If your willing to run the half marathon you can possibly meet Esmerelda. She has been out in Epcot for at least the last two years but only participants can ask for a picture.
    Meg is really only out for the Fantasmic shows these days.

Post Thanks / Like

One day at MK a few years back we ran into a bunch of"odd ball" characters.....I tried looking for the pictures, but can't find them right now to even help id these guys....a couple I do recall: Mr. Penguin, Max, Launchpad and then there were a couple that I had no idea who they were.....one was a cat and I can't remember the other one now, but they were kinda scary!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Who's the most obscure character you've ever met at Disney? We met King Leonidas from Bedknobs and Broomsticks back in '81.
    We met and had photos w/him as well in "81! And met and photos w/King Louie too!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Where has Meg been seen? We would love to meet her. We can probably shoot over when I get paid. I love being able to say that now that we are only 20 mins from AK!
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Post Thanks / Like

I met Clarice, Launchpad, Jafar, White Rabbit, Esmeralda, Meg, all three Br'ers, and Bullseye!

AND SHANG!!! I haven't heard of too many people who have met Shang from Mulan!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot Shang-- met him at the hat in 2002. I would love to meet Shan-Yu though!

The villains are the best, finally met Frollo this year- been hunting for him for a while now!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Jiminey Cricket is leading the way so far. I'd be interested in seeing how they pulled that off. How long ago was it?

We had never seen all seven dwarfs until this year either. They were out with Snow (for a very limited time) at the MNSHP.
    On our trip in October, I got a t-shirt made with Jiminy Cricket on it (from the t-shirt shop at DTD). One of the cast members in the park a few days later told me that he only comes out twice a year now...Earth Day and Christmas Day. So, you have to be at MK one of those days to see him.

Now, as far as meeting characters go, we don't usually stand in line for any of them, because we see it as kind of a waste of time. But this trip we met three we had never seen before, though i'm not sure how rare they are.

Frozone @ DHS
    Thumper and Thumper's girlfriend - AK.

I didn't know the name of Thumper's girlfriend, and so I asked the handler, and she looked at me, and rather sheepishly said, "Yeah, I don't know either."

We wanted to meet Marie from Aristocats, and we had read in "The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World 2009" that she only appears at the ToonTown Fair on Thursday mornings. So, we went, and she wasn't there. We asked the CMs working the fair, and they looked really confused and said that they had never seen her out. Didn't even know that she was a character that could be greeted. Hmmm....
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    On our trip in October, I got a t-shirt made with Jiminy Cricket on it (from the t-shirt shop at DTD). One of the cast members in the park a few days later told me that he only comes out twice a year now...Earth Day and Christmas Day. So, you have to be at MK one of those days to see him.

Now, as far as meeting characters go, we don't usually stand in line for any of them, because we see it as kind of a waste of time. But this trip we met three we had never seen before, though i'm not sure how rare they are.

Frozone @ DHS
    Thumper and Thumper's girlfriend - AK.

I didn't know the name of Thumper's girlfriend, and so I asked the handler, and she looked at me, and rather sheepishly said, "Yeah, I don't know either."

We wanted to meet Marie from Aristocats, and we had read in "The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World 2009" that she only appears at the ToonTown Fair on Thursday mornings. So, we went, and she wasn't there. We asked the CMs working the fair, and they looked really confused and said that they had never seen her out. Didn't even know that she was a character that could be greeted. Hmmm....
    First off Jiminy, while a cool character is not a rare character. He is out everyday at Rafiki's Planet Watch and recently for the greater part of two years he also met on Main Street. I am not sure which CM you talked to If I had a dollar for every bit of incorrect info I have been given...but I digress. Frozone is also cool but not rare. Thumper and Miss Bunny are every day characters for now but they could go away and that would make them rare. Marie is now available in France at Epcot but not everyday.
    I am not sure what the "Complete Guide" was thinking either but I have found that the guidebooks are somtimes very inaccuarate about character locations. The Toon Town Fair location they were refering to was I am certain the "teardrop" this location has no set dates or times and it is impossible to pinopoint any certain time any character would come out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mastromjm View Post
    AND SHANG!!! I haven't heard of too many people who have met Shang from Mulan!
    I would LOVE to meet Shang.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

well mine have to be in 1978 a BROOMSTICK from Fantashia it was halloween...then John Smithin 1997 with Meeko Mr freezone Queen of Hearts 1997..
    well My daughter got to dance with Prince charming..does that count.... this yr

I would love to have met ROBIN HOOD ( the fox) he is my fav..If anyone has a photo of him please sent it to me!!...That would make my world!!!! no really... my fiend so little Jong and the king this yr plus Jimmy the cricket too...SO LUCKY

keep dreaming~~~Lori
    Just keep swimming Just keep swimming

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimsgal05 View Post
    I would love to have met ROBIN HOOD ( the fox) he is my fav..If anyone has a photo of him please sent it to me!!...That would make my world!!!!
    This was way back in '03!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

We saw Jiminy Cricket on Saturday, two days ago, at Rafiki's Planet Watch as PP said. We had never seen him before. Of course, we had never ridden the train at AK to get there before either. After so many trips, we are still surprised to find things we have never done.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: