Quantcast The Plaza Restaurant

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Plaza Restaurant

Hello All,

I'm trying to put my plan together for ADRs and I realized we have never eaten at The Plaza Restaurant. I understand that the menu is VERY limited (mostly sandwiches and salad). Has anyone eaten there for dinner, we have one night that I'm playing with and I wouldn't want anyone disappointed in the choice I make
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We enjoy the Plaza but we pay OOP for our meals. It's probably not the best use of DDP. That aside we normally use it for EMH and will be going this year prior to MNSSHP. The food is good and the milkshakes are awesome!

Here is a link for the menu.http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/...gdom/plaza.asp
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten at the Plaza a few times and always really enjoyed it. True -- you aren't going to get a huge 4 course meal, but the food is good and filling. The desserts are fab -- like VWL Mom said. Don't know if this is a concern, but I recall my kids really liking the children's offerings there, too.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Plaza, I always ate there with my Grandma, she is gone, but when I eat there it takes me back to my teen years. My DD's love the food. A good choice.

Post Thanks / Like

It is one of our favorite places to eat...the food is good although limited in their choices, service is also good. Like Jenemmy said, it's not a 4 course meal kind of place, but honestly there are so many places where you can over eat, this place is nice to walk away from feeling not stuffed, but satisfied.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We eat at the Plaza each year. The food has always been very good for what it is. With it beging more of a light meal- you may have left some room for their awesome sundaes, milkshakes or other desserts.
    Polynesian & BLT October 2011!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I always do at least one lunch per trip at the Plaza. The food is very good, as is the service. Those chocolate milkshakes are pure heaven!

Last year we were sitting in the sun room, and the mayor and a friend came in to chat with us. I have a great pic with the Mayor at our table. It was so cool!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

We love The Plaza. The kids and I have been twice...once for dinner and once for lunch. I doubt I will ever do dinner again though...maybe our experience was just a fluke (I hope it was) but we arroved the specificed 15 minutes early for our ADR and waited over an hour past our ADR time to be seated. It is a very small restaurant and there is no where insude to wait. We were there in a winter that they were covering flowers it was so cold so we were outside waiting to be called. The next time we went about 10 months later, we had an early lunch ADR and were seated right away. We will always go with lunch here I think...to much waiting if they are full or take too many walk-ups or people just take longer to eat and leave.

The food and ice cream are great though!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We finally made it to The Plaza after so many years of WDW trips. I think it's the best place to eat towards the end of your trip... particularly if you're on the Dining Plan. There's only so much food one can eat. Even with that, everyone came out stuffed... just not stuffed to Infinity and Beyond.

We'll definitely be going back (and I've got to find the recipe for their tomato bisque).
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: