Quantcast Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20, 2011) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

OOH!! Can't wait!! Maybe the 4th film will be Jack looking for buried treasure, which, I recall he was heading for in a rowboat at the end of the third.
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I have mixed feelings about this. Didn't Johnny Depp get an insane amount of money to do this new movie?

I feel like they should quit while they were ahead. I've never been much of a fan of these movies but I do love the ride.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is very exciting news. Hopefully it will just be Jack and Barbossa
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    As for the title choice, there was a novel by Tim Powers called On Stranger Tides which features a character- Jack Shandy which made me wonder if that will just be adapted with Jack Sparrow taking that character's place.
    "On Stranger Tides" book review:

Publishers Weekly Review
    Starred Review. World Fantasy Award winner Powers (Three Days to Never) demonstrates a precise control of complex narratives in this reprint of his rollicking and enchanting 1987 novel. Puppeteer John Chandagnac, bound for Jamaica to recover stolen money from his uncle, becomes Jack Shandy after pirates attack his ship and force him to join their crew. Shandy's struggle to accept his new life grounds the story for readers, even as Blackbeard and vodun magicians whisk everyone away to dreamlike lands where the Fountain of Youth itself awaits. The chaotic sea battles sing, though at times key events happen so quickly that they get lost in the shuffle as Jack tries to comprehend where he's going and what's at stake. This dark fantasy tale will appeal not just to pirate fans but also to anyone who appreciates Powers's talent for blending the most unlikely elements into a brilliantly cohesive whole. (Apr.) Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. From: Reed Elsevier Inc. Copyright Reed Business Information
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Ever since the release of the 3rd one, its been made clear that the story line for the Swan/Turner characters was complete and would not be part of the 4th installment. I think the 3rd movie wraps up their story quite well. I believe the actress who played Turner said she would not do a 4th even if asked to.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

If you watched the 3rd movie all the way to the end of the credits they showed that Elizabeth and Will had a son. That story is complete, but I wonder if they try to work the kid into the story.

After reading the book review, how would they fit Jack Sparrow into the story unless they are making this sort of a pre-quel. It says that character is forced to become a pirate. Jack is already a pirate. Unless it will be a loosly adapted story with just some of the misadventures from the book.

I am so excited though, I love pirates! I know that I am the minority here when I say I will miss Will and Elizabeth. My favorite scene is from the 3rd movie where Elizabeth has been made pirate king, and trades jack for Will. He says you can't do that and she just says "King" Just like in the first movie when she said you can't do that to Jack and he simply said "Pirate"

Funny stuff
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

DH was telling me the other day Johnny Depp is now on the fence (he did an interview for either the LA Times or NY Times...can't remember) for coming back for the 4th POTC since Disney's Studio chief just resigned. He says the script needs to be really good for him to come back.

I guess he's not happy with Disney's decision to axe this one exec because he was one of the few guys who supported Depp's portrayal of Jack Sparrow from the beginning. I wonder if it will change anything with his relationship on the Lone Ranger project, as well.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Lizzy, I've heard before that the movie is supposed to be a prequel, thus no Turners. But now I've also heard that Johnny Depp may be on the fence, so we'll see what happens. I don't think they have a movie without Johnny Depp.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reading the book now. It almost seems like they plucked some basic ideas from the book already and used them in previous movies - there is mentions of a zombie pirate crew that only shows its true form at midnight, voodoo priests and priestess, and Blackbeard in the book is somewhat Davey Jones-like.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Default Casting News for POTC4: On Stranger Tides

I just read that Ian McShane will be playing Blackbeard, and Penepolpe Cruz will be playing his daughter, who will have some romantic interludes with Jack Sparrow.

I also read that Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa is definitely in,and Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly are out.

I for one am excited. I really liked the first 2 PoTC movies, but was unsatisfied with the 3rd. Hopefully this makes up for it!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a teaser trailer released at comi-con with Johnny Depp "hinting" at a possible voyage. Look for it now, before it is pulled off the web. Rumor has it that it wasn't supposed to be posted yet. I am SUPER PSYCHED!
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

dangerman Guest

I read in the Sun newspaper (I think about three weeks ago) that there are potentially another 3 movies in this franchise, making 6 in total.

I also read that Jack Sparrow will meet further family members through his adventure in the next movie, more specifically his brother played by Russell Brand (Get him to the Greek is his latest film); I'm hoping this isn't true!!

I wish they left the film to finish at no: 3 however like HSM they will get every last penny they can out of the franchise.

DM

PS On a side note I also remember rumours of Tim Burton involved in the new Pirates. I wonder if that will come true?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerman View Post
    I also read that Jack Sparrow will meet further family members through his adventure in the next movie, more specifically his brother played by Russell Brand (Get him to the Greek is his latest film); I'm hoping this isn't true!!

PS On a side note I also remember rumours of Tim Burton involved in the new Pirates. I wonder if that will come true?
    I hope this is true too! I can definitely see Russell Brand as his brother and Depp and Burton have collaborated in many successful movies, so if it is true, it most likely will be a fantastic movie!!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

No Tim Burton PLEASE!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Though I tend to like Burton, I really can't see them bringing him into the PoTC series. His aesthetic doesn't fit the already established world that's been created. I read something that actually lends itself away from Burton. They are trying to cut back on budget, meaning less special effects, elaborate scenery etc. I saw the video of the teaser, it was cool!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    I hope this is true too! I can definitely see Russell Brand as his brother and Depp and Burton have collaborated in many successful movies, so if it is true, it most likely will be a fantastic movie!!
    Previous poster hoped it wasn't true, and I agree. I think Russell Brand is not suited for this and it would bring the whole performance down quite a few notches for me, cheapen it. I do not want to see that happen. And I love some of Johnny's collaborations with Tim Burton and most of Tim's work, but I just don't think the Pirates franchise is the place for him. So, I hope not. I want it to be a fantastic movie, not a spectacle.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Russel Brand's whole image is like a poor man's Jack Sparrow. I liked him in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I did not see Get Him to the Greek. I think at this point, putting him in would be too much stunt casting. We already had Keith Richards as Sparrow's dad... does he really need a goofy brother too? I see this more as a Saturday Night Live or MTV Movie Awards skit than part of an actual movie.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

New teaser poster:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

CAPTAIN JACK IS BACK!

GLOBAL TRAILER DEBUT FOR “PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES” KICKS OFF ON DECEMBER 13TH, 2010 AT AN EXCLUSIVE “PIRATES FANS FIRST!” EVENT AT AMC DOWNTOWN DISNEY 12 THEATRE AND DISNEYLAND RESORT

Winners will receive 1-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets and will gain entrance to Pirates of the Caribbean before Disneyland Park opens; following the event, trailer to launch on Yahoo! Movies, Disney.com and Entertainment Tonight and with key media partners worldwide

ANAHEIM, CA (December 1st, 2010) — Fans will be the first to get an exclusive look at the brand-new trailer for Walt Disney Pictures “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” in 3D on December 13, 2010, at AMC Downtown Disney Theatre 12 in Anaheim, California, as part of an exclusive “Pirates Fans First!” event. “Fans First!” winners will also have the chance on that day to be the first to experience the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction that started it all. Fans can enter to win a vacation for four to the event by “Liking” Yahoo! Movies on Facebook (www.facebook.com/YahooMovies) or entering the sweepstakes via Disney Movie Rewards (www.DisneyMovieRewards.com). Fans can also gain access to this exclusive event by listening to 102.7 KIIS-FM starting December 6th.

In addition to being the first to see the new trailer for “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” and ride on the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park attraction, the lucky fans will be treated to a special Pirate after party, plus special commemorative gifts—but not until all of them have sworn to the “Pirate’s Oath” in a ceremony on the bow of the Columbia sailing ship. For added fun, fans who come to the event in pirate costume will have additional opportunities to win special prizing.

Following the “Pirates Fans First!” event, the trailer will premiere on Yahoo! Movies, Disney.com, and other premium online destinations around the world at 1 p.m. PST. Later the same day at 7 p.m. EST the domestic broadcast debut will occur on “Entertainment Tonight” as part of their December Event for “Pirates.”

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” captures the fun, adventure and humor that ignited the hit franchise—this time in Disney Digital 3D™. Johnny Depp returns to his iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow in an action-packed tale of truth, betrayal, youth and demise. When Jack crosses paths with a woman from his past (Penelope Cruz), he’s not sure if it’s love—or if she’s a ruthless con artist who’s using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. When she forces him aboard the Queen Anne’s Revenge, the ship of the formidable pirate Blackbeard (Ian McShane), Jack finds himself on an unexpected adventure in which he doesn’t know who to fear more: Blackbeard or the woman from his past.

The international cast includes franchise vets Geoffrey Rush as the vengeful Captain Hector Barbossa, and Kevin R. McNally as Captain Jack’s longtime comrade Joshamee Gibbs, plus Sam Claflin as a stalwart missionary and Astrid Berges-Frisbey as a mysterious mermaid.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is written by “Pirates” veterans Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Barry Waldman, Ted Elliott, Terry Rossio and John DeLuca.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” sails into theatres around the world in May 2011. Official website: Disney.com/Pirates. “Like” Pirates on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PiratesoftheCaribbean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Fans can enter to win a vacation for four to the event by “Liking” Yahoo! Movies on Facebook (www.facebook.com/YahooMovies) or entering the sweepstakes via Disney Movie Rewards (www.DisneyMovieRewards.com). Fans can also gain access to this exclusive event by listening to 102.7 KIIS-FM starting December 6th.
    I went to DMR and can't find the sweepstakes. Has it already begun?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: