Quantcast Dining reviews-some new favorites

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Dining reviews-some new favorites

We just returned yesterday from a 4 night trip with the free dining and were very pleased with our TS choices.Our first night we went to Ragland Road and we will be going here more often.A CM outside suggested the short ribs so we tried them and they were delicious.They came in a covered pot with mashed potatoes and carrots along with Irish Soda Bread which was served before dinner.The bread and butter pudding was to die for and by the time we were done they had to roll us out,but not before we had time to enjoy a group called the Willis Clan,a family of eight ranging from about 8 years old all the way to the father on keyboards.The 2 youngest,a boy and girl would step dance on the small dance stage in the middle of the restaurant.Very,Very entertaining.
    Our next night we ate at Kona Cafe and enjoyed as we always do.They do tend to push you out the door here but the food is good and it's at the Poly so thats always nice.
    Our third night we tried Tutto Italia and were very pleased with the whole experience.The food was good,not Federal Hill good,but it was still good and alot better than Olive Garden which I despise.We had a ceaser salad before our meal which we had to pay extra for and at 13.00 each it was a little pricey but still very good.The service was bar none the best we've ever had anywhere in Disney and it was a very slow,relaxed meal.The inside of this place is beautiful and the background music is very soothing.I think the whole meal took about 1 hour 40 minutes or so and we got out just in time for Illuminations.
    Our final meal was at the Grand Floridian Cafe and as everyone had said,it truly is a hidden gem.I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and my wife had a pasta dish which was delicious.The dessert was also very good.We really loved the atmoshere and service at this place.I'm really glad that we tried these new places and we'll be back for sure.
    Last edited by PetefromRI; 09-10-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent choices! You tried two of my favorites (Raglan Road, GF Cafe) and I'm so glad they didn't disappoint. Thanks for the report.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We recently went to GF Cafe to celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our meal. I had the shrimp appetizer for two and shared with one son. Boys also had cesar salad. It was truly one of the best shrimp appetizers I have ever had. It consisted of a trio of three different combinations. All were fantastic. One was done with a bruschetta base. One was on top of lobster bread with cream sauce. My boys had the salmon and loved it. My DH and I had the rib eye which was very good.

We also ordered a custom cake $$ which they did a beautiful job of. It was excellent in taste. Worth every penny. For the boys we had ordered a white chocolate Mickey with six tuxedo strawberries. Very tasty. They also took a complimentary picture of our group and presented this later during our meal. To say the least they took very good care of us.
    Pally

Past Trips

Pop- Dec 2015
    Portofino Bay-(Club)Universal Dec, 2015
    Pop - Oct 2012
    Pop- Aug/Sept 2009
    Wilderness Lodge - Dec. 2006
    Portofino Bay-(Club)-Universal- Dec 2006
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- May 2003
    Sheraton Vistana Villages- April 2002
    Off-site-May 1989-

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear you liked Tutto Italia - we're trying there in October.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, I am looking forward to trying Raglan Road in the near future!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

I
    am looking forward to trying Raglan Road in the near future!
    me too! thanks for the report!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    Our third night we tried Tutto Italia and were very pleased with the whole experience.The food was good,not Federal Hill good,but it was still good and alot better than Olive Garden which I despise.We had a ceaser salad before our meal which we had to pay extra for and at 13.00 each it was a little pricey but still very good.The service was bar none the best we've ever had anywhere in Disney and it was a very slow,relaxed meal.The inside of this place is beautiful and the background music is very soothing.I think the whole meal took about 1 hour 40 minutes or so and we got out just in time for Illuminations.:
    Totally agree with you on this. We can certainly get better Italian food here but Tutto Italia is good. We have always had great service and were always allowed a nice leisurely meal.

Quote Originally Posted by PetefromRI View Post
    final meal was at the Grand Floridian Cafe and as everyone had said,it truly is a hidden gem.I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and my wife had a pasta dish which was delicious.The dessert was also very good.We really loved the atmoshere and service at this place.I'm really glad that we tried these new places and we'll be back for sure.
    We are trying this for the first time in November. Sounds like a good choice.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Raglan, Kona and Tutto are 3 of my favorites.
    We aren't doing Kona this year ( first time in 10 trups) but we are going back to Raglan and Tutto. We tried them for the first time last year and loved them.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP