Quantcast Annual MNSSHP thread

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual MNSSHP thread

Every year my family makes it a priority to scehdule our vacation around the MNSSHP dates. We love the event.

-However-

For the past 7 years the party has remained the same, with only slight variations. The word on the street is no changes again this year.

All I ask is that they bring out some different special characters for the MNSSHP. Is that too much to ask for? It is a special event why not make it different than the last 6 years?

Still love the party no matter who comes out but it would be better with some new fur!
    Loads of trips since 1974...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can dig it, but since we've never been and are planning to this year it'll all be new to us. Just looks like a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go often and make it a point to go then, yes, of course you want some slight variations on the theme! I don't think it's much to ask.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I Cannot wait until 9-4-09 to hear reports from the the first party.

We took our first trip to WDW in 2005, attended a party, spent too much time trick-or-treating, skipped many characters. We did not know how rare the 7 dwarfs were.

Plus DD was only 2.5 so we left soon after fireworks.

Looking forward to fixing our mistake of 2005!!! And hoping for someone new!

Post Thanks / Like

i love this time of year anticipating the first reports coming in from people who have been to the halloween parties.
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Wow did you guys read about Mickey's Halloween Treat at Disneyland and CA. Man looks like they are doing some wholesale changes to improve the program.
    Including a haunted version of Space Mountain.

Post Thanks / Like

So tonights the night. Hope someone is going tonight and will post characters and events tomorrow!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so disappointed I will not be able to go to the party. I had to cancel my plans this year due to other obligations. I will so miss the parade and seeing Mickey/Minnie and the rest in their Halloween costumes. I hope someone posts pictures soon!

Maybe I can sneak down to Anaheim for a few days and check out the Halloween bash there...

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for mnsshp!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there next Friday! I can't wait! MNSSHP is my favorite time to be at MK! I must agree, however, I wish they would change it a little each year. Adding a new character or two couldn't be that expensive!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We go to the party for the first time in mid-October, and I can't wait! For those who have been in the past, I've heard the character lines are long. Do they tend to shorten significantly after Wishes, even more so after 2nd parade?
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz36 View Post
    We go to the party for the first time in mid-October, and I can't wait! For those who have been in the past, I've heard the character lines are long. Do they tend to shorten significantly after Wishes, even more so after 2nd parade?
    It clearly depends on which character you are in line for and yes the lines thin out as the evening progresses. I have noticed that some nights the characters are more popular than others but there is little rhyme nor reason.

From our 6 years experiance longest lines will be for Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. Get there early and line up before they show up.

Longer lines will also include Pooh Characters, Mickey, Minnie, Princess and Prince line at Toontown.

Other lines should not be as long, especialy over in Adventureland where we have always walked right up to the characters there.

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the lines for the Villians at the Castle stay consistently long (especially for Snow Queen, Maleficent, and Cruella).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I think the lines for the Villians at the Castle stay consistently long (especially for Snow Queen, Maleficent, and Cruella).
    Agreed, you would almost have to stay for every show to get all the villains there. They only stay out for I guess 10-15 minutes or so after each show. Frollo is an easy catch, (one reason I do not understand why they do not rotate other villains into his spot), but the others have longer lines. We have gotten three after a show before but it was the last performance on a not very crowded night. My family has gotten three at one time but that was because we split up. The best strategy is make your way to the castle steps before a show and ask the "yellow shirt" where your villain of choice will be. If they do not tell you simply wait and watch. If you cannot get in that villains line for that show simply come back knowing where that villain will be next time.

However once when we were there it rained, and the villains did a meet n greet on the other side of the castle. No one knew about it hardly. We had the villains to ourselves, including the Big Bad Wolf. They signed autographs and were very playful.

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

JUst got back from WDW today, and I went to the first MNSSHP!

Character Locations (mostly):

1. Villains Mix and Mingle- completely the same
    2. Captain Hook and Smee- were meeting across from their usual Adventureland location up until closing
    3. Genie and Abu- meeting in their usual special event alcove in Adventureland
    4. Stitch- meeting at his dance party (I think he has a new costume with six legs, but I'm not sure, so check allears.net under their Halloween section just to be sure)
    5. Alice and Friends- throughout ToonTown and Wonderland trail
    6. Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, and Drizella- meeting in Belle's Fairytale Garden
    7. Tarzan- we did not see him, but we spoke to someone who had
    8. Pluto and Goofy- were at Stitch's Dance Party, and were wearing special Tommorowland costumes
    9. Buzz Lightyear- was meeting in his usual location
    10. Minnie and Daisy- were meeting at the Dance Party next to Ariel's Grotto

Now I can't remember where I heard this, and please DO NOT take my word for it. but I remember hearing somewhere that Snow White and the 7 dwarfs were NOT doing meets this year. I did spend about an hour in line for Pooh, which is generally where they are meeting during previous MNSSHPs, and I never saw them meeting. Again DO NOT take my word for it, but that is just what I heard from somewhere.

I think that is it! I mainly focused on those rare Villains that only come out once a millenia, so I didn't do much hunting, but I found a few! Please correct any errors you find! Hope I helped!
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Snow and the boys were there on the 4th... and the queue to see them was just incredible! WE got a photo, but did not line up to visit.

All in all, we LOVED the party. We stayed until the end, and did and saw everything we wanted to...but there did not seem to be anything "New" about the party.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great info, Villains0501! Where is the "usual alcove" for Genie and Abu?
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if any haunted mansion characters are out near that area? thanks!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by like2workout View Post
    does anyone know if any haunted mansion characters are out near that area? thanks!
    They sure are! Mrs. Gracey made my youngest jump a mile in the air as we were leaving HM on Friday night. We had just finished saying to him "Maybe a ghost will follow you home", and bam! There she was! Freaked him out.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

The Villains theme park that wdw execs will hopefully 1 day build
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz36 View Post
    Thanks for the great info, Villains0501! Where is the "usual alcove" for Genie and Abu?
    The "usual alcove" is near Magic Carpets of Aladdin. It is not where Aladdin and Jasmine meet, but it is closer to the Castle as you are exiting Adventureland. It is easy to miss, but it is decorated with the magic carpet and other Aladdin props, so stay on the lookout!
    97'- Comfort Inn, Buena Vista
    99'- Courtyard, Downtown Disney
    00'- Marriott, World Center
    02'- Polynesian, Concierge
    03'- Yacht and Beach Club
    06'- Boardwalk
    07'- Coronado Springs
    08'- Boardwalk
    09'- Wilderness Lodge
    10'- Wilderness Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: