Quantcast Just have to tell everyone!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Just have to tell everyone!

I have been alot of places (ammusement parks) I was VERY worried about taking my 15 year old (blind, autistic, and amputee) to Disney World in 2008, due to long waits and everything. needless to say, you guys helped me out SO much that we are now going back this up coming January. the info I was given was VERY accurate and right on target. I actualy felt like we were treated like special guest. I am sure alot of you with autistic kids understand that our days are sometimes cut VERY short. However we were able to do EVERYTHING and somethings up to 5 times. My son has alked about Disney World EVERYDAY from the second he got home. his teachers wanted to shoot me for taking him because he NEVER stops talking about Tower of Terror and Rocking Rollercoaster (3....2....1....GO!) Now they want to strangle me because it is a new year and all he talkes about is "I cant wait to go after Christmas" I know we all say how magical Disney World is for us...how it just takes all our cares and concernes away. But coming from a mother that just wanted her child to talk and exspress feelings...taking him to Disney World really brought something out in him I had NEVER seen before...he would tell me "i want to go see ToT" and "lets do the 3....2.....1....GO!" I just had to share. I am sooo excited we are getting to go back. It means more to me than alot of people know. yet I do know alot of you know and feel my joy. I just wish all parents could see what I saw (the change in my son) thank you all again for helping him have such a magical exsp. and I am sure yall will have even more questions about our upcoming trip! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!@!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sooooooo excited for you and your family. Disney does have a way of making magic in ways you never though possible. I hope that you have a trip that was just as magical as your first.

3...2...1....GO!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear how much he loved his trip.

Disney is simply magical sometimes, isn't it?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I completely understand! It just fills your heart up, doesn't it? You see the changes and the absolute joy your child is experiencing...it's pure magic. We took our DS11 for the first time in May 2008(autism, developmental delays and sensory integration) and I was completely worried as you were. I shouldn't have been....it was love at first site and has been ever since. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesnt say something about 'Ditty Our World' or Mickey or Goofy or Donald (his fave!) He's talking about Mickey Mouse-Big Hug right now as I type this! We were able to work it out to go back again this past May, and it was so cool that this time he knew what we were talking about when we would tell him we were going to Disney World. He was as excited as we were this time! And since all of you on these boards love WDW so much, you can understand how cool it is when someone you love experiences WDW the first time and ends up being totally in love with it just like you are. And it's extra cool when your special child 'gets' it!

And the 3.....2.....1....Go. That is too funny BECAUSE the first time we went on RNRC, when we had ridden it and it came to the end where it stops the first time before it goes into where you get off....our son (who I was scared to death about him riding this ride) yells out the 3.....2.....1....GO!!! That is one of our fave stories to tell!
    Twinkletoes...you keep on gushing about it....I'll keep listening! And I am sure the great folks on Intercot will too. Congrats on getting to go again this year! We haven't planned our next trip yet, but by golly, don't you worry...we will be going back! I am so happy for you!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

That is so beautiful! We have been through some different challenges, but I understand exactly what you mean about just wanting your child to open up and communicate and how a Disney vacation has helped that happen. It's so wonderful to hear!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your story!! It brought tears to my eyes!! The Magic of Disney never ceases to amaze me!! I hope your upcoming trip is just as magical!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

awesome post.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

What a great post. I totally understand how you feel. I have three children on the spectrum (DS 6, Asperger's, ADHD, Sensory Integration Dysfunction; DS 4, Autism, SID, ADHD, Epilepsy; and DD 3, High functioning Autism and SID), and the ONE thing that makes them completely happy is WDW. They talk about it every day, and we will have the pleasure of going back in February. It's amazing just how MAGICAL that place really is. We watch the vacation planning DVD every day and it just brings tears to my eyes to see their excitement.
    I hope that you have a great trip and I look forward to your next post.
    Celeste

17 Visits to WDW as a child
    POR - October 2001 - Honeymoon
    ASMo - June 2007 - with our 3 children
    ASMu - November 2008 -Thanksgiving trip
    POR - February 13-20, 2010
    POR - November 20-26, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...thanks for all the AWESOME replys. I never thought of watching the dvd everyday. I am going to do that...well at least once a month. Also I can agree Briansmom about him having a part of the planning this time. Now he actually knows what we are talking about when we start asking what park everyone wants to go to first he says " I really like the ToT and RnRC" that is his way of telling me he wants to go to Disney Studios first. He is so excited. When I tell people he talkes about it EVERY day. I dont think they realize there is NO exaduration in that. I mean EVERY day. I am glad to talk to people that understand where I am coming from. Infact I am glad that it has changed up a bit from talking bout last trip for 2 years...to our upcoming trip in Jan. I just want to tell a small bit about another thing Disney did to make it special! Ok...stitch only has 3 fingers...well my son only has 2...and we went to see stitch and my younger son told Stitch that his brother was blind...well Stitch grabbed his hand and allowed him to feel his face and everything. Normaly my son would have freaked, being blind and autistic he is VERY tacktile deffensive, but he LOVED it. Then Stich would rub his fingers then count that he had only two...and Stitch would wipe a tear from his eye and count his own fingers...1....2....3, then count my sons....1....2...and point to himself...kinda like, we are alike!~ My heart EXPLODED and tears ran down my face. After that my younger son fell in love with stitch and that is his FAVORITE character! ONLY AT DISNEY WORLD!
    Last edited by John; 09-01-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks for sharing
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I'm crying like a baby. What a wonderful story about your son and stitch I'm so glad you BOTH got to experience that

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man Twinkletoes,
    That story about Stitch I am sitting here with tears welled up in my eyes. That story was awesome. Stitch is one of our favs in this house as well. 2 yrs ago was The first time for both DDs and my DBF. My no 6 yr old DD was terrified of the non face characters IE mickey, goofy Donald. She loved the face characters though. even got a 20 min private meet and greet with Cinderella. Well towards the end of the day we were hot and wanted to slow things down a bit so we headed to tomorrowland to CoP. Stitch was out over near the entrance and my 6 yr old saw him. I had braced my self for her to run into me and hide form him. well she did the total opposite. she took off after him and wrapped her arms around him so hard that she almost knocked him down. I am so thankful there was no line for him set up for him yet. He spent so much time with her it was great I just cried like a baby and he saw it and he came over to DBF and grabbed his shirt and lifted it to wipe my tears. After her Stitch encounter we could not control her she wanted to meet every character she could so the last day of our trip was a character meet and greet day we just ran form park to park so she could meet all she could and we ended up catching stitch again and it was the same one he remembered her as he ran to her whe she was the next in the line, to hug her as she did him the day before LOL and he waved his finger at me as to say no and then made like a crying gesture. LOL it was too late though I was done.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and bringing up great memories for me. I hope your son has yet another magical trip in Jan.
    ºoº Josette ºoº
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences also. And thanks for all the wonderful replys. We should get together and write a book for all our "special" children's "Magical" experiences at WDW . It would be a big tear jerker...and we could even get Kleenex to be our sponsor!! Any takers...lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm crying now....I'm am SO glad you and your family had such a magical vacation, and are planning your next vacation! I think it's so great that your son talks about his experiences all the time. It just shows how special that trip was to him, and how he'll keep that in his heart forever.

Stitch is my very, very favorite character, and I thinks it's absolutely wonderful how beautifully he interacted with your son. You know, your son has very good taste with Stitch being his favorite, too!!

Thanks for the photos!!
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Wow! What a wonderful post! Tears are flowing from my eyes while reading all of these wonderful peoples experiences.We are so grateful that there is a place like WDW. There is no one in this world w/out struggles or trials. We all have different experiences, yet we can go to this place that can change us and can bring us true joy. We all have different needs and desires. Us girls never had a childhood and that is why WDW appeals so much to us. We are free from worries. No fear of being unsafe. Only joy. You can be any age you want to be and your excepted. Everyone... physical, emotional handicaps, it doesn't matter.We are all the same. Looking for joy, peace and exceptance. The only place this truly happerns this side of heaven for us girls, is WDW.
    We know your next trip w/ your son will be even more magical! That is how it rolls at WDW. It only keeps getting better. We are over joyed for you!!!!!

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

Reading your post gave me goose bumps!! I am so happy you had a great experience and that you will be able to visit again. Hope you have another magical trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought your story was awesome..and then I read the part about Stitch and started to well up with tears of happiness. What an awesome thing to have happen. very cool on Stitches part !!! gotta love Disney..and the poeple that make it happen..have a great trip in Jan.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, and trust me...we will have a blast. He is sooo excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Walt would be so proud!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

The original post gave me goose bumps and the post about Stitch made me cry happy mouse tears! You just can't discount the magic of Disney!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Share This Thread On Social Media: