Quantcast swimwear question - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen anyone in a thong or a speedo.. Hmmm.... I haven t seen them in stores at disney so hopefully everyone knows the info on the thongs and speedos so have a great trip

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just got back last week. We went to Blizzard Beach and I'd guess we saw maybe 4 or 5 thongs. The women looked to be non-American. Some of them had the body for it (if that is appropriate to say) and some...

There was a bit of a delay on the Toboggan Racers. I guess someone down below was a bit slow getting off the course, but it seemed like we were standing there for about 5 minutes or so. The next racers were all in place laying face down and waiting their turn. One of whom was proudly displaying her rear, but waiting behind her was a little boy who couldn't have been more than 5 or 6. No one seemed to think much of it, but I just thought it was odd.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

When I went to Blizzard Beach in August, I saw a couple of thongs, not very many. As far as men in Speedos - too many.
    "Are you an Tigger or an Eeyore?" - Randy Pausch

Been to WDW more times than I can count since 1972. Stayed at BLT, AKV, WLV, SSR, POP, CBR, CR, FW Cabins, all the All Stars and also off site. Been to DL 3 times, 4 cruises on the Magic and went on the Dream Inaugural Cruise.

DVC - 7/2008

Post Thanks / Like

Saw plenty of Speedos at Typhoon Lagoon (they seemed to be foreginers)...There was a thong or two but they were usually wearing a "see thru" wrap around their waist (I really didn't see much point to the wrap...but whatever). I definately don't have the body for one...if I did...it probably wouldn't be my style anyway at Disney...

BUT...does it bug me...nah...it's just a keester...everybody's got one.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, this is a funny thread!

I am just one of those people who find thongs so odd, even on the best bodies. It is, after all, someone's rear end that's exposed! With a string in the...oh never mind. How weird is that?? Sorry, I just don't want to see it, especially when I'm on vacation.

My DH doesn't agree, but that's him!

Guess I'm just a big prude...
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I figure the fashion industry is just going for laughs. See how much torture the suckers will put up with!

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember seeing a thong or 2 my last trip to blizzard beach. My memory is kinda foggy due to the fact I was hit up side the head with the big refillable mug by my wife. I rrreally think they should not be worn at the parks

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TOYMAN357 View Post
    I do remember seeing a thong or 2 my last trip to blizzard beach. My memory is kinda foggy due to the fact I was hit up side the head with the big refillable mug by my wife.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

In 2008 we stayed at POR. Our DS16 took his best friend, also 16. They kept asking to go to the pool. Finally we realized why.....a group of girls from Brazil were staying in the same area and using the same quiet pool it was quite an interesting vacation.....the boys had a good time. We spent many relaxing afternoons by the pool

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We stayed at the Grand Floridian about two years ago and we saw a woman at the pool one day wearing a thong.

Honestly ... as a grown man I don't have that much problem with it, but I did have a problem with it at Disney World. It's not Rio, people. There are kids roving around all over the place.

And before someone says, "Well in Europe ... " this isn't Europe. It's the U.S., where thongs are not appropriate attire at a family theme park. When you travel, you need to conform to the cultural norms of the area you've visiting. I didn't appreciate having to explain to my five year old daughter why that lady had her rear end hanging out of her bathing suit.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I do remember seeing a thong or 2 my last trip to blizzard beach. My memory is kinda foggy due to the fact I was hit up side the head with the big refillable mug by my wife. I rrreally think they should not be worn at the parks
    Too funny!
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, guys. Butt cheeks are SO offensive, but it's ok to see giganic people in spandex. Fat rolls over tight pants are much more offensive to me than all important parts covered. I'd not wear either, but, jeez, what lessons are you teaching your children? That it's disgusting for someone to wear a thong, but quite ok for extremely obese people to wear spandex?
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

well, here is my experience
    I only own Thong or Gstring swimwear so I too was unsure about wearing one at Typhoon Lagoon (or Blizzard Beach but we went to TL), so I bought a "regular" 2 piece suit (between Brazilian cut and Full size back) just in case, I wore my thong to the park and at the entrance I asked if it was OK, I was told as long as no one complains to enjoy my days as I please. I wore my thong all day without even having to think or worry about it and I spent a great day with my son, my husband and my brother. I did not get any weird looks or any complaints from anyone, my brother and my husband also said they didn't see anyone complain or make a weird face. I also was not out there to show off and wasn't parading like some girls do (I just like to wear thongs, they feel more comfortable to me), I was the only one that day in a thong, we saw a lot of tiny tiny bikinis but no other thongs. My best friend told me that she sees thongs AND gstrings almost ever times she goes to TL or BB (and at the WDW hotels too). But in the end I did what was most comfortable and natural for me, but still had a replacement suit in case I was asked to change. I really enjoyed my day and I think this is what it is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

I think for most of this the old addage fits...just because they make that in your size doesn't mean you should wear it. As a mom of three kids, it would bother me to see thongs at Disney...
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

As the step parent of an 18 year old with special needs, who has no idea how to handle his raging hormones, I'd say if you don't mind him sitting 5 feet away, staring all googly-eyed at the junk in your trunk then by all means, wear your thong. If you mind, cover up.
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eimeo View Post
    But in the end I did what was most comfortable and natural for me...
    indeed!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!!! I sure needed that today!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    I've seen a few pretty skimpy bikinis on bodies that shouldn't be wearing them, but definitely not any thongs.
    I once saw a woman make a stars and stripes bikini disappear!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many ways to view this:

Disney is a "family" park and it should not be permitted? This is not the case. Disney left "family" or redefined family long ago.

Personally, I think thongs and spandex are privileges. Only certain framed people should be permitted to wear them. Where they are worn is also debatable.

We all know WDW does not enforce the rules too well and some people will always take advantage of this. The philosophy at Disney is to be as non-confrontational as possible. I think they should be more forceful on with their rules.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

I would say it is probably not in the best taste for WDW, but I probably would not make a big issue out of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: