Quantcast Uk Premier League Thread ( Soccer )

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Uk Premier League Thread ( Soccer )

Davy
    What happened to Liverpool on saturday

Early days yet ..but Arsenal gave Everton a right hiding
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Boy and to think I tuned in on Saturday to see how Tim Howard would perform!
    April 2000 -- ASMu
    November 2004 -- ASMo (First time with kids)
    September 2005 -- Pop
    September 2007 -- Pop
    January 2009 -- POR
    April 2012 -- POR (Cramming 6 people in one room)
    July 2014 -- Pop (12 days in Disney)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this my pure optimist speaking, but after the 5-1 tongue lashing my Toffees took, there's no way to go but up on Sunday against Burnley.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Another glorious start to our yearly campaign. The defense was horrible. Too many injured defenders for my taste. But that is a match we should have won, or at least drawn. Granted, I still believe that LFC will be amongst Man U, Chelsea, etc. when all is said and done. But one thing that sticks me is that we need a decent strike partner for Torres. We partially filled the gap when Alonso left, but Torres needs help up front. I think Rafa is gunshy about getting another striker after the whole Robbie Keane thing.

Money issues with the owners also continue to plague us too.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Better result today for us! Okay, it was Hull, but a win is a win. Hopefully the LFC nation will stop their panicking after this. It's wwaaaayyyyy to early in the season to count anyone out. Look at Man U's loss today. Burnley? Does anyone think they'll win the league this year because they won against Man U? No. But this early on in the season, everyone starts out on level terms in the table.

Here's to a great season everyone!
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, it was Stoke, not Hull.

Post Thanks / Like

What a shocker for Man Utd ..Hats off to newly promoted Burnley they played brilliant ....

Yep a good result for Liverpool as Stoke are no walkovers ...This weekend will be a goodun
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Since I'm kinda new to Premier League, can someone explain to me why relegation exists? I think it's a novel idea, but surely it wouldn't work stateside.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    Since I'm kinda new to Premier League, can someone explain to me why relegation exists? I think it's a novel idea, but surely it wouldn't work stateside.
    Sure

The Uk has many smaller leagues under the Premier League .... Basically what happens to encourage new teams to do better and to make the leagues more exciting during the season the bottom 3 in each league will exchange places with the top 3 of the league from the league below it

So the Premier League bottom 3 exchanged places with the top 3 of league 1

I hope that makes sence

Now would it work stateside ...I am not sure how your sports work at the moment . I love the NFL and i know theres no chance of that system working as the league is too small and to be honest they have a system tnat works well anyway .

College Football there might be a case as you have the numbers of teams ,but the whole competition would have to change ( and i still cant get round how each college team gets into what type of bowl )
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    I hope that makes sence
    Thanks Raider. College football here is so messed up; even if you have a .500 record you're considered "bowl eligible", or eligible for postseason play. Also, we let computers mainly decide who plays for the National Championship, but I digress. I think college football relegation is an interesting idea, however, the NCAA has the divisions set up by two factors, the size of your school and the amount of scholarships/sports you offer, so you'd have to work around that in order for it to work effectively. I'm excited for Everton/Burnley, T-minus an hour and change from now
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!

Post Thanks / Like

A 1-0 loss to Burnley is definitely not the result I wanted to see today. While I truly wanted a win, I would have also liked to see them make a dent in the goal differential. Obviously neither happened, and we're 0-0-2, 6 goals down. Moyes needs to do something with this midfield, and quick, as it appeared that Burnsley had little to no trouble penetrating the attack zone. Tim Howard and Louis Saha are doing what they can, but soccer is an 11 man sport, not a 2 man.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!

Post Thanks / Like

A 1-0 loss to Burnley is definitely not the result I wanted to see today. While I truly wanted a win, I would have also liked to see them make a dent in the goal differential. Obviously neither happened, and we're 0-0-2, 6 goals down. Moyes needs to do something with this midfield, and quick, as it appeared that Burnsley had little to no trouble penetrating the attack zone. Tim Howard and Louis Saha are doing what they can, but soccer is an 11 man sport, not a 2 man.
    Its early days yet for Everton ,but Moyes is a good manager and he will turn things round ,i have no doubt about that . Everton have good players and i think once Lescott goes which should be in the next 48 hours to Manchester City ,i think the team will settle .
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I think a relegation/promotion system would be great here in the U.S. I would relegate the bottom 2 MLS clubs to the USL 1st Division, and the top 2 USL 1st Division clubs get promoted to the MLS. It certainly would make matches more exciting and meaningful than they already are. Just like it does in the EPL and other European leagues.

Another thing I would change is the playoff system in the MLS. I would change it to match what other football leagues do: Point totals determine the champions at the end of the season. That way, a horrible but hot club can't come into the playoffs and win a championship that they don't deserve. I like how the European system rewards consistency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    I think a relegation/promotion system would be great here in the U.S. I would relegate the bottom 2 MLS clubs to the USL 1st Division, and the top 2 USL 1st Division clubs get promoted to the MLS.
    We have a USL 1st Division club here in Minnesota, and I think it would be cool to see how they do when promotion's on the line; ditto for the PDL club in my hometown.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!

Post Thanks / Like

My god what happened to Liverpool last night ..What a shocker and they havent played any of the big 3 yet !!!
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Bad errors, and from the highlights I saw (because the full match was not available here), we just looked unconnected and horrible. UGH. Like I needed this to start the season off. Hoping all our players get healthy soon and Rafa pulls it all together quickly. Not going to panic quite yet though.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw an item on how UEFA is going to start to crack down on the massive amount of spending done by mostly English and Spanish clubs, even going to the point of banning them from the Champions League if they don't get out of debt. It's a great idea, but I'll believe it when I see it. What is the main way European clubs make the news over here? Spending outrageous sums of money on players, so while I totally support the motion, I don't exactly know how the Real Madrid's, Man U's, Liverpool's, and Barcelona's of the world would take to it.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw an item on how UEFA is going to start to crack down on the massive amount of spending done by mostly English and Spanish clubs, even going to the point of banning them from the Champions League if they don't get out of debt. It's a great idea, but I'll believe it when I see it. What is the main way European clubs make the news over here? Spending outrageous sums of money on players, so while I totally support the motion, I don't exactly know how the Real Madrid's, Man U's, Liverpool's, and Barcelona's of the world would take to it.

It's too late. The horse has bolted, simple as that. This had to happen in the 90s worldwide popularity and television boom and it didn't.

There is no way domestic competitions and even European competitions are going to remain competitive. The English, Scottish, Spanish and pretty much Italian leagues are dead competitions with repetitive winners. The big teams are way too powerful within the game and would respond to any of the sactions mentioned above by clearing off and setting up their own competition.

I'm out of soccer and I'm not going back.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post
    It's too late. The horse has bolted, simple as that. This had to happen in the 90s worldwide popularity and television boom and it didn't.

There is no way domestic competitions and even European competitions are going to remain competitive. The English, Scottish, Spanish and pretty much Italian leagues are dead competitions with repetitive winners. The big teams are way too powerful within the game and would respond to any of the sactions mentioned above by clearing off and setting up their own competition.

I'm out of soccer and I'm not going back.
    So, Rhetoric, would you support a salary cap system being used in the major European football leagues like it is in the MLS (not counting the designated player thing)?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: