Quantcast 3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 2, March 9, 2009
    Monday

Our plans for the day were….
    To let Claire sleep in as long as possible (waking her around 11:30 if she slept that long)
    Going to Bibbidi Bobbiddi Boutique at 1:30
    Going to Exposition Hall after the makeover to get photos
    Eating at 1900 Park Fare at 4:40 for dinner
    Going back to the park till close (8PM) and doing whatever we could during that time.

Of course all doesn’t go as planned, but still works out just fine!

I finally got up around 7:30 after trying to sleep more, but just KNOWING I couldn’t.
    I showered and was dressed and ready about 8:15. While I was getting ready, Claire was talking in her sleep. She kept saying “it’s so beautiful.” LOL! Wonder what she was dreaming about. I also set out her “gift” from the Fairy Godmother.
    I then went on my morning walk to take pictures while DH and Claire slept.

Here is our door/room.

Other shots

The view from our room looking left.
    See this guy to the right of the picture? He has a power washer. It is basically right outside our room. Promptly at 8:30 he turns it on to wash the pool deck! UGH. DH was NOT happy about that.

Straight out the door view

View to the right

Then off to the food court to get some hot chocolate. They use to have apple juice at the fountain…so you could get it in your refillable mug, but it is gone now. UGH! I think they replaced it with PowerAde fruit punch. I’m not a big PowerAde fan. I even asked a CM and she was surprised it was gone, and said it must’ve just happened recently.

I next made my way through Everything Pop and bought the Castle for Claire. I figured I might as well do it right away, so I didn’t forget. I had to ship it home anyways, so it wouldn’t be taking up any space in our room. It arrived at my house exactly one week later.

Here is a stack of them. Notice there are two people in the background with them at the registers. These things were selling like hotcakes. I think another 3 sold while I paid for mine.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I then went on to take pictures inside Everything Pop (the gift shop).

This is new. They redid some stuff over the last year, and this area was added for package pick up.

I LOVED this stuff. I really love plaid. But I thought it was kind of pricey, so I never did get any of it. It was so cute though.

This is the lobby about 10:00

and the food court

Post Thanks / Like

I took a quick shot of the arcade

I then had to take a potty break. This is hanging in the bathroom hallway. I couldn’t get a very good shot though, where I could take my time, because evidently that bathroom is a hot spot. People kept walking back and forth, so I just finally clicked and hoped I got something. LOL!

And these are the lights in the bathroom. I thought it was pretty. LOL!

I totally forgot to post this when I was posting about CRT. They take a picture in the lobby, like I said, and then at dinner they bring you a photo in a folder for you to keep.
    This is it.

It was really nice. But somehow I got part of the folder wet that night, so now it’s crinkled a bit. But the pictures weren’t damaged!

Post Thanks / Like

cant wait for more updates!!!! having fun reading your trip report.
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reading! I'm about to post more!

Post Thanks / Like

After the potty break I went back to check on my crew in the room. They were still sleeping, but DH did grumble about the power washer outside. He didn’t think it could possibly be legal. LOL!
    I then went for a walk and snapped more pictures, called my mom to tell her we made it ok, and how the first day went, and called DH’s mom and wished her a happy birthday and update her.

I saw this truck going by with the “Pop suitcase” on the back. Not sure what it is, but I saw a bunch of the “suitcases” sitting in the main parking lot too.

I literally took like 100 pics that morning, so I’ll stop with these. When I get done with the trip report, I’ll post more.

At about 11:25 I decided to wake Claire up. DH was up and moving and he had decided to just hang out at Pop while we went to BBB and he would catch up with us in time for dinner.

Claire had a surprise waiting from the Fairy Godmother. A new dress and set of shoes for her BBB appointment! Here is the note Fairy Godmother left her.

Post Thanks / Like

She was very excited about her new dress. She couldn’t wait to try it on.

While I had been out and about all morning I had stopped back into the Pop food court before returning to the room and ordered the Pasta Penne Alfredo with Chicken. I was hungry and figured Claire and I could share it. I knew she would need to have her belly full before we headed off for our big day.

So I made her sit and eat some of it, and she ate well.
    Then I popped her in the tub and washed her hair. She didn’t goof off in the tub like usually, because for one, I was trying to hurry her, but she also was dying to get into her new dress.
    We got her out and dried off and then into her gorgeous dress. She kept asking DH how did she look? LOL!

I dried her hair (which she usually is antsy about) and then we made sure our bag was packed and headed out towards the bus. We also took a few pics of her on the way.
    Evidently this is how Princesses pose?

We then were off to the MK!

On the bus she sat next to a girl who was on her way to the Wonderland tea party. This little girl had done BBB earlier in her trip and though she was dressed in regular clothes this day, she was wearing a red Belle crown. Claire loved it and wanted one, of course. The little girl’s mom told me they had gotten it at BBB. Then the little girl kept begging her mom to go back to the room so she could get her Belle dress on. LOL! Her mother told her no way were they turning around to go back and put it on. But she could put it on after the tea party.

We arrived at MK.
    We went through the bag check and all that fun stuff and then worked our way up mainstreet. We stopped at a few photopass photographers to get some “pre do” shots.

We also went into a few of the gift shops because I was on a mission to find a new sweatshirt with the current year on it. I have gotten one each year now, and it is sort of become my new tradition.

Here are the two I have already.

In 2007 I had tried 2 on. I was heavier then and was just so frustrated how everything looked on me. I tried on a 2X and a 1X. I though I got the 1X, but must’ve picked up the 2X by mistake. Anyways I didn’t realize it till late in the day and just wore it and never returned it. So it is really big, but I still wear it around. Last year I got a 1X, but it was more of a woman’s fit, so it fit pretty good.

It was hard to move the stroller around in there, but I found one I sort of liked. Decided I would take more time and look later and perhaps find one I liked better.

We got close to the hub and they were shooing people off the street. The “Move it, Shake it, Celebrate” party was coming to an end in the hub and would be making its way down main street. So we got a curb side spot and watched it come by.

More pictures of the parade in next installment…..

Post Thanks / Like

Those powerwashers are tough. When we arrive at the CBR last year everyone was exhausted from being up at 3am. DW and DS fell right to sleep and I struggle as usual. Just as a fall asleep out comes the powerwasher, washing the room windows and doors, water squirting through the door. NOT PLEASANT!
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

They are the worst! We found out later on that 8:30 is the offical legal time they can turn them on. I would even see some guys standing next to them in the morning watching their watches till it became 8:30. I was always up early, but DH wanted to reast and relax. We had two days where tehy were right next to our door. I think they make a circle through out the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the parade go by

We must’ve been in a good spot because many characters waved directly to us.

With our Destination in site…..

We decided to walk around the castle to the back. We stopped off for another photopass since we had time. This guy took his time with Claire and did some cute shots. He even took her to the side to do some special Tinker bell ones and a few others. I can’t wait to get the CD to show you all. (Still have one member of my share group not done editing)

Here is what I took while he was taking them. Mine turned out dark for the most part and I have tried to lighten them.

Post Thanks / Like

After the photopass shots we then went around to the back of the castle and parked the stroller and got in line to check in at BBB. We got checked in at 1:10 and I told them Claire would also like the red Belle crown and they handed one to us.
    I had forgot something in the stroller, so we went back out real quick since we still had time before our actual appointment at 1:30.

I took a picture of her with her new crown on, and of course she makes a dorky face.

Claire did NOT want to wait outside, She was worried we would miss them calling us. I tried to explain we had time, but she insisted we go back in. I really didn’t want to go back in because the waiting area is small and there were a lot of people. Oh well, we went back in.

A little background…
    Last year we had this booked at the DTD location. We had it for our last day. The day before is the day that Claire had gotten sick. She still wanted to go, so we got up early that day and headed over to DTD. Once we got there though she started crying. I think she was still not feeling well (she did A LOT of crying that day) and over tired as well. The FGIT tried to talk her into it, but it was a no go, and we ended up not doing it.
    Last summer we went to the Mall Of America and after being there most of the day, I asked her in the evening if she would like to try out Libby Lu and she did, and loved it. And since then has asked several times when do we get to go back to BBB.
    So today was that day!

I clicked pictures inside while we waited. Claire asked about every 30 seconds when it would be her turn. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Post Thanks / Like

More pictures while waiting. It was next to impossible to get any of the dresses. People were hoarding around them and it was a tight squeeze in there, so I kind of gave up.

Waiting impatiently

I was secretly a little impatient too. LOL!

DH called close to 1:30 asking if we were in yet, and I told him we were still waiting. He said he went for a drive and then drove over to the Richard Petty’s driving experience and was thinking about doing the ride along. I told him to go for it. But he said it wasn’t until 2 and he wasn’t sure he wanted to wait. He did! and he LOVED it. He said it was super cool, but didn’t really tell me too much about it, except that he could feel the rubber blowing on him as they went around the track.

About 1:35ish we were called back. Lauren was our FGIT.
    She was just OK. I saw others with peppier attitudes and talked more, but I saw worse ones too. Claire picked out the Diva do. I asked her (Lauren) if instead of making the hair look like a bubble (like I had seen in many photos), could she make it more spikey, and she basically said no. She said they had to do it a certain way and if others saw it different then all would ask for that. I was kind of mad about that. I just hate the bubble look. She did say she would try not to bubble it as much. (which I think she totally forgot).

She asked Claire what color of hair extension she wanted, and what does my kid pick….PINK! I said I didn’t think they had pink, but sure enough the do! UGH!

We also met the photopass guy and I let him know we had pre bought the CD. I think he kept confusing us with the people next to us though. He mentioned to them a couple of times about the CD, and they had no clue what he was talking about, so each time I reminded him it was me. LOL! At the time I didn’t think he got that many of Claire and was a bit disappointed. But when I looked at the pictures online I see that he really did take a lot. Much more than what my sister got taken in January. He did miss a lot of the makeup shots though, so I am glad I was there too. His are MUCH better though.

Post Thanks / Like

Lauren puts her cape on her and goes to town. Now Claire will scream and cry at home when I brush her hair, even when I barely touch it, but she sat quiet and still for Lauren. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

She is just loving all the attention

Gotta test and see if those nails are still wet. LOL!

And there she goes….Starting the “bubble” process,

Post Thanks / Like

Now the finishing process has begun

And a sprinkling of pixie dust! Look at that pink ball of cotton candy on her head! LOL!

And then the crown is placed.

Ready for the big Reveal. I had her pull some hair forward. Usually they put a couple of strands in the clips coming forward, at least in the pictures I’ve seen, but she didn’t. So I had her just pull some forward to make it look like that.

Now close your eyes.

And then because I am a big IDIOT I leave my camera on autofocus and take really nice pictures of the back of her head, instead of focusing on the mirror. Thanks goodness the photopass pictures came out great. (again, can’t wait to get them!)

So these “reveal” pictures pretty much suck…..Sorry! She does love her look though….

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Claire loved getting treated like a princess. I have a boy so I don't get to do the fun dressing up stuff. Looks like your vacation is going great so far!

Post Thanks / Like

She loved it!

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone reading? It seems like I don;t get many response, but maybe thats how this board works? Jus tchecking to see if people are following along? LOL!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: