Quantcast Cast Member Compliments?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cast Member Compliments?

Hey Folks,

Just got back from my latest trip to WDW and had a question for all of you...

If there was a cast member in a shop who really went above and beyond, is there someplace where I can send them a compliment or contact their supervisor to do the same?
    We have 999 Happy Haunts here...but there's always room for a thousand.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can call guest services at 407-824-4321 or you can write to them this address;

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
    P.O. Box 10,040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

I write a letter after every visit, I find it better than an email or phone call and I always get a follow up call from Guest Relations. I believe that great customer service needs to be acknowledged. Guest relations will contact the cast member and their immediate supervisor on your behalf.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,

Thanks for the great info.
    I'll definitely put this to good use.
    We have 999 Happy Haunts here...but there's always room for a thousand.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also send an email to

[email protected]

I've done this on several occasions and have always received a response - usually a phone call from the executive offices thanking me for the comments and assuring me that the praise will be passed on to the CM and their supervisor.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

I did this on our last trip (I SO SO SO heart Hector the bus driver - been lucky to be on his bus twice and have yet to arrive not howling with laughter) and about a month after received a voicemail saying they would pass it along to his supervisor.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to help. One other item: I carry a small spiral bound note book and travel pen in my camera bag or backpack to keep track of the castmembers and special things I encounter during my stay. It helps later as I write my letter and it brings back it's own set of memories too.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default CM pin

Wasn't there a pin that you could give a great CM?

'Tiggers are wonderful things'
    AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    Disney Institute Bungalow
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

it really does go back to the CMs too...they get recognized for sure
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back earlier this month. I went on the Disney site and clicked "contact us". I sent an email praising the hotel, mousekeeping etc. I recieved a call within a week assuring me that the praise will be passed on to the CM(s) and their supervisor(s) as well as the hotel manager.

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Every trip I make sure that I pick the best CM and write WDW to share my satisfaction. Usually, I end up with more than one person to compliment. I always get a phone call from a Disney CM shortly after I write.
    I spoke to a CM and asked him if he got the kudos he deserved on a later trip. He said that he did and that he appreciated it.
    Don't forget the less than glamorous CM positions too. I am always thankful for clean restrooms, water fountains, etc. Those who have the thankless job of keeping those busy restrooms clean deserve more thanks than we give them.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Post Thanks / Like

I did this when I got back from my last trip in november 2008. I email Disney about the wonderful experience I had with our tourguide from the Keys to the Kingdom Tour we took during our stay. He was amazing!!! He was so passionate about wdw and his job...it made our tour experience 10x more magical and fun.

Soon after I sent the email, I got a phonecall from wdw offices stating that they appreciate the email and the info will definately be forwarded to the CM that was praised.

I was happy that they do go out of the way and give recognition to the CM. He was truly great and I'll always remember the tour I was given from him!

Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaredevil View Post
    Don't forget the less than glamorous CM positions too. I am always thankful for clean restrooms, water fountains, etc. Those who have the thankless job of keeping those busy restrooms clean deserve more thanks than we give them.
    I always make sure that I thank them if I see them cleaning, too. It has to be one of the worst jobs ever, but I genuinely appreciate it. I can hardly go into public restrooms because they're so dirty, but I don't mind Disney restrooms!
    First Trip to Disney World; age 4 1/2; 01/89 CBR
    15+trips staying at CBR, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, AsSp, AsMu, AsMo, POP!, GF, WL, Fort Wilderness.
    Resent Trips;
    03/04; POP!
    03/05; POP!
    06/06; POP! (Honeymoon!)
    03/07; AsMo
    09/08; AsMu

Post Thanks / Like

It never hurts to take a few seconds out of your day to tell someone (especially the CM's) how much you appreciate what they do to make your vacation so enjoyable. Last trip, as we walked through the gardens at the Japan Pavilion I noticed a gardener stooped over pulling weeds and I (having a bad back and knowing how difficult that can be) stopped and told her how much DW and I appreciated all the work that the gardeners do to keep the gardens and walkways so beautiful, especially during the Flower and Garden Festival. Her face lit up and she thanked us for taking the time to stop and talk with her. Too often we take the non-show CMs for granted and overlook them as part of the scenery. If you're having a "magical day" take a few seconds to "pass it forward" and let the people who make the magic know you appreciate them for all they do.

Plus, it's a great way to overcome the acts of the rude people we see written about all over the boards. For every act of rudeness you see, do two acts of kindness and appreciation. It bolsters the CMs spirits and you will quickly forget the frustration of the rude acts.
    10/2007 YC (IF&WF)
    12/2008 YC (Christmas)
    11/2009 YC (50th Wedding Anniv)
    10/2010 YC (Wine, glorious wine!)
    10/2011 YC (Wine, more glorious wine!)
    11/2012 YC (And yet, more glorious wine!)
    05/2013 YC (Flower & Garden, wine too!)
    11/2014 YC (55th Wedding Anniv family trip)

Post Thanks / Like

As a cast member, I have been mentioned in 2 post-vacation letters which came with commemorative pins for excellent service..

so if you really want to reward the cast member, write a letter... phone calls or telling the manager are nice.. but usually won't get back to the actual cast member.

It was really nice reading a guest letter and seeing how you helped make their trip enjoyable.
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

p.s... these were both EMAILS... so email works just as well as 'snail mail'
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. The CM's that really care and go above and beyond deserve the recognition. Little things like this can really excel a CM's motivation.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: