Quote Originally Posted by broadway315 View Post
I actually love the idea of a centralized FP system, but not in the way they are currently implementing it. In many ways they are cutting corners. Instead of rethinking the system, they are just putting machines similar to their current ones in a central location. What I pictured when I thought of a centralized FP system was completely different. I picture a touch screen where you can get a fastpass for any FP ride, similar to the touchscreens at the movie theaters. It can show you stand by and FP times for all the attractions, and then you select which one you want. It would work the same as the other system, where you could only get one at a time and a second fastpass at a designated time, but allow people to plan better. I also don't picture one centralized location, but a few scattered throughout the parks, similar to the wait time boards. You could have one in Liberty Square, one between Toontown and Fantasyland and one just before the castle.

I'm sure there would be drawbacks, but I do think Disney could pull this off. But in the current economic climate, its too much of an investment with very little monetary value to them. I would love to see it myself.
Quote Originally Posted by Lakin View Post
That would be awesome!
I'm with Broadway and Lakin, I like the idea. Actually, I thought I read a while back about Disney patenting the idea of in room FP where you could pick your attractions and times right from your WDW resort room. I thought it was a great idea and just on more advantage for those on property.