Quantcast Fantasyland Refurb: It's Official! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds pretty good!! Thanks for the info!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is some what similar to something that surfaced a while ago the only thing missing is the Snow White Mine Cart Ride/Family Coaster. It seems to me this is more of a Blue Sky Plan that anything concrete. Most likely the following will be the only things to make it off the drawing board IMHO

1. Little Mermaid Ride (99% confirmed)
    2. Moving Dumbo(since it does cause a bottleneck where it is located)
    3. An improved Pixie Hollow area.
    4. Retheming of Toontown to Playhouse Disney(but with very little change to it)
    5. The new restaurants since they are really needed in the MK.
    6. The Mine Cart Ride (cheap and a good for little ones)

Ohter than that I can't really see much of the rest making too much sense in terms of traffic flow and continuity. Also I would love to know the source of the plans since for all we know it could be a fan rendition of what they would do rather than anything that leaked from Imagineering.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

The overall plan sounds and looks great (i also looked it up online), even if there are details that could be quibbled over (it's too early to really see how they will all work out anyway). I just wish Disney would include a remake/refurb/retheme/upgrade of the speedway while they are at it.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I just found it too. It looks to me (and I could be very wrong) that the "castle wall" area doesn't really show a continuous wall, but rather a broken up series of small structures that suggest a wall (the longest extends south from Pinocchio's about the length of the building) I think the effect is that you have the castle and then the countryside (including the forest that Snow White gets lost in, etc) I think it's a pretty neat idea, which should give Fantasyland a lot more "depth."
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

It looks and sounds like Princess Overload, call it Princess Land now. I'm not going to call it fake, but I have to question the authenticity because of the heavy influence of Princess-based attractions. I suppose it's possible, and at this point, I would welcome most any improvement, but something about it just doesn't "feel" legit, it seems like it's leaning too heavily toward attractions that would only appeal to little girls or princesses. I would venture to guess that it's a leaked early version of what's been proposed, but not the final.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out the plans online when I got home from work... I like what they show... But, we know with Disney, don't believe it until ground breaks... However, other sites I have read are chirping that these are legit, so who knows....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    It looks and sounds like Princess Overload, call it Princess Land now. I'm not going to call it fake, but I have to question the authenticity because of the heavy influence of Princess-based attractions. I suppose it's possible, and at this point, I would welcome most any improvement, but something about it just doesn't "feel" legit, it seems like it's leaning too heavily toward attractions that would only appeal to little girls or princesses. I would venture to guess that it's a leaked early version of what's been proposed, but not the final.
    Always a possibility, but, others have said that the castle courtyard and enchanted forest gothmickey mentions are in fact part of the plan, and the enchanted forest will be where the princesses live... Kind of coincides with these plans... The only thing that worries me now is, since these leaked, if they are the legit plans, Disney may cut or change the entire project now...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking at the plans now... Ian, the wall appears to be broken area, not one continuous wall, so crowd flow wouldn't be much of an issue in my opinion... And for Dumbo, well, remember, they did just include him in their fireworks show, having him fly around the castle... So, Dumbo is very much in the mix of characters being used right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And for Dumbo, well, remember, they did just include him in their fireworks show, having him fly around the castle... So, Dumbo is very much in the mix of characters being used right now...
    Yeah, but I guess my point was that removing the wildly popular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters and replacing him with Dumbo (who most kids these days don't even know) seemed like an odd choice.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah, but I guess my point was that removing the wildly popular Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters and replacing him with Dumbo (who most kids these days don't even know) seemed like an odd choice.
    Yea, it appears the Fab 5 are no where to be found now... Wierd in that aspect... But, maybe their meet and greets will be moved elsewhere in MK?? Maybe Main Street??? Maybe the other side of Fantasyland??? I do think this is something we need to wait to see what Disney describes for this refurb.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Dumbo is definitely an odd choice for a replacement of the classic characters. I don't remember the last time I even heard any little one's talk about Dumbo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antngoof89 View Post
    Dumbo is definitely an odd choice for a replacement of the classic characters. I don't remember the last time I even heard any little one's talk about Dumbo.
    And yet the flying Dumbo ride is one of the most popular rides with the little kids...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    And yet the flying Dumbo ride is one of the most popular rides with the little kids...
    True, that ride is vastly popular. It's just a nice ride though because of the view, little kids have to eat that up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antngoof89 View Post
    True, that ride is vastly popular. It's just a nice ride though because of the view, little kids have to eat that up.
    I am not sure the kids are in awe over the view.. Adults maybe, fanboys for sure.. But kids??? Not so much... And I am not saying they love the ride cause it is Dumbo.. I am sure it is thrilling to them.. But I don't think we can say the kids don't know Dumbo...

Post Thanks / Like

Wild guess here.....is it possible that all of the Playhouse Disney themed stuff will be moved and expanded upon over at the Studios?
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Also....does it look to anyone else like the intention is for Pooh to get a new re-themed queue? On the plans it looks like a winding forest-y path.

I think I am really starting to like what I see here. After visiting the original conception of Toontown in DL this spring, I see that the MK Toontown Fair version is a pale subpar attempt at the original idea. It does look like they are partly going with the new Dumbo ride idea as a way to re-utilize the circus tent buildings that already exist in that location.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Wild guess here.....is it possible that all of the Playhouse Disney themed stuff will be moved and expanded upon over at the Studios?
    That's what I was thinking...like they could build the actual Clubhouse from the modern cartoon. But I would hate to see Mickey related attractions removed from MK. I know there is Philharmagic but it would be a little strange with no Mickey House.

Does anyone think WDW ever purposely "leak" these plans out so they can get public opinion before they start? Or am I reading to much in this....I tend to over analyze
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure.. Who knows... I'd be all for the Animation Courtyard being expanded in DHS. But, we are likely to see Back lot Tour shut down soon and Pixar Place expand out there first..

Post Thanks / Like

Also....does it look to anyone else like the intention is for Pooh to get a new re-themed queue? On the plans it looks like a winding forest-y path.

I think I am really starting to like what I see here. After visiting the original conception of Toontown in DL this spring, I see that the MK Toontown Fair version is a pale subpar attempt at the original idea. It does look like they are partly going with the new Dumbo ride idea as a way to re-utilize the circus tent buildings that already exist in that location.
    I do think the facades of the buildings in Fantaysland will be receiving refurbs... That area that you see pooh and snow white and the other princess areas will be Enchanted Forest so it makes sense to theme the queues to look like foresty...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    That's what I was thinking...like they could build the actual Clubhouse from the modern cartoon. But I would hate to see Mickey related attractions removed from MK. I know there is Philharmagic but it would be a little strange with no Mickey House.

Does anyone think WDW ever purposely "leak" these plans out so they can get public opinion before they start? Or am I reading to much in this....I tend to over analyze
    You may not be over reacting to Disney leaking this on purpose... I may find it a bit hard to believe since they are so protective of their plans, but, there is rarely an accidental leak.. They always let out through leaks what they want to let out.. What is curious is, most websites have NOT taken the plans down... if this is a leak, and Disney didn't want the plans out there, they would have had the sites remove the images already... Since they haven't, and only a few sites did, makes me wonder if they are real and Disney wants them out there or if they are fake and Disney sees no harm on fans discussing something that isn't happening..

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: