Quantcast Another Arrest @ Typhoon Lagoon

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Another Arrest @ Typhoon Lagoon

Man blames tight swimsuit for exposing himself at Typhoon Lagoon

A Connecticut man blamed his "european style" bathing suit for exposing himself to a 14-year-old girl at a Walt Disney World water park Saturday, deputies said.

Walter Pacheco
    Sentinel Staff Writer

12:44 PM EDT, July 13, 2009

A Connecticut man blamed his "european style" bathing suit for exposing himself to a 14-year-old girl at a Walt Disney World water park Saturday, deputies said.

Bradford Pellet Biggers, 51, of Connecticut, faces charges of lewd and lascivious exhibition to a minor among other charges. He is being held on a $2,500 bond.

"We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior on our property," Disney spokeswoman Kim Prunty said on Monday. "Our cast members have followed the appropriate protocols and will continue to coordinate with law- enforcement."

Saturday's incident is the fifth time this year that deputies or police respond to a Central Florida water park on a call of an alleged sexual-related case.

A witness told Orange County sheriff's deputies he saw Biggers position his lawn chair about four feet from a 14-year-old girl in the area of the wave pool, the report shows. The witness said Biggers then tried to get the teenager's attention by moving his chair, staring at her and fondling himself.

The witness, an employee in Missouri's probation and parole sex offender unit, yelled at Biggers and threatened to hurt him if he continued to expose himself to the child. Biggers ran from the area and started to drive away in his convertible.

A deputy saw Biggers running a stop sign in the parking lot as he tried to exit the park. The deputy stopped Biggers and detained him because he had a suspended drivers license. The witness later identified Biggers as the man who had been exposing himself to the teenager.

Deputies said Biggers denied the allegations and told them his swimsuit was too tight and the elastic leg band was not properly adjusted.

Prunty said guests are expected to wear appropriate swimsuits at Typhoon Lagoon.

In addition to the exhibition charge, he faces charges of driving with a suspended license and running a stop sign.

This is the fifth time this year -- and second incident at Typhoon Lagoon -- that law-enforcement officials report a sexual-related case at a Central Florida water park.

Investigators arrested Robert Double on July 3 for allegedly molesting a young girl at Typhoon Lagoon. Double, of New York, bonded out and pled not guilty to the allegations. It is unclear when he is expected in court.

On March 18, witnesses told deputies a man was fondling himself at Disney's Blizzard Beach. Deputies did not make an arrest.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh!!! Where are all the perverts coming from?
    Maybe they should post a sign, "Perverts will be prosecuted!"

I guess it's a good thing they're catching them. But, a little creepy too, considering it's the second one in a week.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

That's really gross! So creepy. From the witness account, it sounds very deliberate and not at all just excused by a wardrobe malfunction. Ew!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I was censored by my opinion on the last pervert they caught. Trust me, they can not be rehabilitated.
    Last edited by John; 07-13-2009 at 11:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As the mother of 9 and 14 yo DDs, this really makes me want to rethink our plans for going to Typhoon Lagoon next week. I'm seriously going to talk it over with DH. I know this stuff can happen anywhere and the chances that my girls would experience it are slim but still...
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    As the mother of 9 and 14 yo DDs, this really makes me want to rethink our plans for going to Typhoon Lagoon next week. I'm seriously going to talk it over with DH. I know this stuff can happen anywhere and the chances that my girls would experience it are slim but still...
    Fear is what these dirt bags thrive on. Don't cancel your trip. Just don't let your guard down because your at Disney.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

I agree with medic9016. They thrive on the shock and surprise reaction from their victims.

What I would do is go ahead with your visit to TL, but have an earnest talk with the girls well before you get there, explaining the potential for this kind of thing, and telling them that you want them to stick close by you at all times. Also emphasize that if something does happen, they should scream bloody murder and alert you, the lifeguards and security immediately!

Remember that the same kind of thing happens at malls, schools, playgrounds, and even public streets all over the country virtually every day; it just gets a lot more media attention when it happens at a place like WDW.
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't take Typhoon out of my plans either. A perv can show up anywhere. Plus, the CM's will probably be on high(er) alert now.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

That has got to be one of the most disturbing things Ive ever heard a perv at disney.I hope he goes to jail for a long time.
    Sept. 03-all star music
    Sept. 05-pop century
    Sept. 07-all star music
    Sept. 08-all star movies
    June 09-all star movies
    Next big trip sometime in 2011

Remember that there is no magic unlesss you believe in it

Post Thanks / Like

His actions are the behaviors of a guilty man, not someone who was merely "Adjusting" himself. Kathy, please don't let this affect your trip. I agree with what others have said. Let them know that even in Disney World, there are still creeps out there and not just to tell someone if they witness something inappropriate, but as Ed said, SCREAM at the top of their lungs. However, I think I would definitely stay with them at all times.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I know this can happen anywhere, but the fact is that two guys have been arrested two times in the space of 10 days at the same water park. These are just the guys we know of and that have been arrested because they were caught (one apparently by coincidence because he was stupid on top of being a criminal).

I'm sorry but at this point for me it's not enough for me to tell my DD to scream bloody murder if something happens. I don't want anything to happen in the first place. Somehow these guys seem to think they can get away with this at Typhoon Lagoon. Is it the crowds or maybe that they have already done it before and never got caught?

I agree with PirateLover and would definitely stay with them the whole time. They're not going to try anything on kids with a parent with them.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I think these jerks get an extra kick out of doing it at a Disney park. Disney presents a wholesome image and boy it must be a real thrill to harm that image.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Again, thanks to the guy who reported it, and the propmpt response of the deputies.

This does stink, and I hope he gets what he deserves...

but kakn7294, don't let this perv change your plans- like everyone else says, keep a good eye on the kids, be aware & there is no reason you and your dd's should not be safe.

but most importantly, have a great time...

Post Thanks / Like

I join the throngs who advise against allowing the incidents to keep you away from TL...another way to think about these things is to realize that the last thing most nefarious types want is to be caught...and given the bad publicity they will know that the cast members at TL will have a heightened sense of awareness about such things and be more watchful (...the bad guys will also like recognize that the publicity will also bring a more cautionary and watchful approach among parents....so I would say that in the short term, that TL will probalby less likely to have another incident than other recreation venues.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We're still going anyway. I'm still not thrilled about it but there was some good advice here and I do plan to talk to the girls. We'll be meeting Kristen and Ben (dolphinmickey9170) there so there will be 4 adults with my girls at all times. I would never let them go anywhere alone at TL (they are unfamiliar with the layout) or around any pool for that matter. I believe in safety in numbers when it comes to playing in water, even when there are fantastic lifeguards on duty.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I agree with PirateLover and would definitely stay with them the whole time. They're not going to try anything on kids with a parent with them.
    I 100% agree that is the way to keep them safe.

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    I was censored by my opinion on the last pervert they caught. Trust me, they can not be rehabilitated.
    Agreed.....it has been proven many times over that they can not be turned around and another problem is they are not discouraged by penalties such as jail time. A place that has children in bathing suits such as a water park will still attrack these people no matter what.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Gross. Probably all watching the news and getting ideas from eachother.

I was using this as an opportunity to remind my kids the other day of all the wierdos out there- even at places they wouldn't think and what to do if someone makes them feel uncomfortable.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that these pervs can not possibly be rehabilitated and the threat of jail doesn't deter them. Most people, when musing about the appropriate punishment for such crimes focus on the nether regions. Me? I'd give them the choice

1 - lifetime in jail, no parole, general population, federal prison (not a "white collar" prison, either). I hear crimes against children are considered especially heinous even amongst murderers. The perv would be taken care of.

or

2. Permanently blinded, surgically. Not being able to see would definitely hinder their ability in choosing a victim plus not being able to see the reaction to their disgusting antics would take a lot of the "fun" out of it.

These guys are nasty. I'm so glad that there are people confronting and reporting them so they're off the street for at least a little while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    The witness, an employee in Missouri's probation and parole sex offender unit, yelled at Biggers and threatened to hurt him if he continued to expose himself to the child. Biggers ran from the area and started to drive away in his convertible.
    BRAVO to this guy! He did the right thing. All of us should be so daring and confrontational with these pervs. It would serve them notice that we are not going to allow them to continue their actions and they will be dealt with.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    BRAVO to this guy! He did the right thing. All of us should be so daring and confrontational with these pervs. It would serve them notice that we are not going to allow them to continue their actions and they will be dealt with.
    Not to trivialize any aspect of this incident, but I would sure like to know the exact wording the witness used when he "threatened to hurt him".

And I couldn't agree more. It might be a whole lot better world if more people would speak up and do the right thing when they witness something like this.
    Ed

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: