Quantcast Dou You Wear NEW Clothes to Disney Parks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dou You Wear NEW Clothes to Disney Parks?

The Jort thread got me wondering, Do you wear new or "nice" clothes when you visit Disney parks?

My wife seems to use Disney trips as a excuse to buy new warm weather clothes.

I always say, "You certainly don't need any new clothes for Disney World!". Still, she shops. She always looks cute.

When we get up and get ready to park hop she puts on a new outfit and asks, "How do you like it?" I smile and say, "You look swell"

There's a kind of man who knows when not to argue. They're called husbands.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

yep...we all wear a new personalized disney T-shirt for our first day in the parks each time we visit (a fam tradition)...purchased away from WDW (via the internet) where they are much less expensive. As for buying other "new clothes" for a visit...only if someone needs a new pair of flipflops or an extra pair of shorts.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear nice clothes (not fancy, but casual) at Disney. I Never dress sloppy, always do my hair and make up.

Post Thanks / Like

Between sweating in the heat, and all the possible tragedies that go with "eating on the run" in the parks, I definitely DO NOT take new clothing on a WDW trip.

I will take 1 "nice" outfit to wear depending on if we have ADR's for France, Artist Pointe, or wherever.

Beyond that, though, I only pack things that I don't care if they get messed up.
    2011 - Planning phase!
    2009 - DD's First Trip - PO Riverside
    2003 - PO Riverside
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge (honeymoon)
    1998 - Polynesian
    1995 - Off-Site
    1991 - Polynesian
    1989 - Polynesian
    1987 - Ft. Wilderness Campground

Post Thanks / Like

I buy the kids new character theme shirts from the Disney outlet or on sale at department stores before we go. They don't need them but they like them and do wear them again when we return home.
    November 2010 - Fort Wilderness
    August 2008 – Pop
    April 2008 – Fort Wilderness
    November 2004 – Off Site – Cypress Point Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I always wear a polo shirt and shorts...definitely not jorts. DD14 would have a fit if I had jorts on..
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Every Disney trip the wife loads up on new outfits for all the kids and us. It is not too bad due to the fact we go in Sept/Oct time frame, and stores up here on the cape have summer clothing on clearence. It is a good time to load up on some new foot wear also.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy a few new outfits for Disney trips. I like to have us looking "put together". We dress nicely, but not too fancy and definatley not sloppy. This will be our dd's first trip, and I am already buying some new outfits for her and am on the lookout for clothes for my DH and I.!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I buy some new, and then pack my favorites that I already have. I even like to buy and pack new PJ's. I get new toiletries and even new makeup sometimes. I love putting on new cute outfits at Disney. I do the same for my kids too. This is probably why our Disney trips go way over budget. I never make do with what we have.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely buy new clothes (unless some cute and original Mickey shirt or hoodie catches my eye) ... but I always plan a specific "look" for my Disney outfits ... it makes me happy to think of the week and what I plan on wearing ... and if I am going to wear some sort of Mickey clothes etc. It's a nerdy thing I do ...
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I try and pack light so that way I can just buy the shirts, etc. that I want and wear those. :-)

So I guess by default I wear new stuff to the Disney Parks. :-)

I fly back to WDW tomorrow...I can't wait.
    We have 999 Happy Haunts here...but there's always room for a thousand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I buy some new, and then pack my favorites that I already have. I even like to buy and pack new PJ's. I get new toiletries and even new makeup sometimes. I love putting on new cute outfits at Disney. I do the same for my kids too. This is probably why our Disney trips go way over budget. I never make do with what we have.
    This is me exactly. Past trips, I made sure the kids were dressed in a theme for the day (park, resort, whatever we were doing). I won't be able to get away with it in the future, but it was so much fun!

We take more pictures at Disney than anywhere. I don't want to be sloppy and frumpy looking so I tend to dress a little nice. Not dressy at all, but "cute" casual stuff.
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

well what me and dw do is:
    when we buy our new disney t-shirts at WDW we won't wear them until our next trip down, so this way we wear our shirts which are new from our previous trips and just match them up with shorts that we've had for quite sometime now. all in all it works out well. in the mornings before we head to breakfest and the parks, dw will pick out our outfits, usually the same t's but different shorts(obvious reasons- womens to mens) then it's off to have

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    I always wear nice clothes (not fancy, but casual) at Disney. I Never dress sloppy, always do my hair and make up.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have "Disney clothes" that I almost only wear at WDW. Drives my wife nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

I always buy new clothes for disney, for me and the kids. It is definitely not our complete wardrobe but some of us women prepare for our trips as if they are like the next coming of christ. I spend months preparing and planning and I am already gathering things for packing and we still have 49 days until we leave. It is always nice to take Disney pictures and have new clothes on in them, and this will set apart photos from previous trips, as well. I also have clothes that I have worn before that I have to "get into" for my trip, and that is typically the only time they fit. I don't see this as all that abnormal for a woman to do.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I went shopping for new clothes this spring. With everything I put on I found myself wondering how would this look at Disney? I only bought things that I would wear at Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My family all wears shorts and t-shirts, casual tops, or tank tops, some new and some not. We don't buy new clothes specifically for the trip, but we always have something new that we bought that season. We never dress up but we do try to look nice - I do my hair and wear makeup.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

We don't buy new clothes or shoes specifically for the trip, unless they were needed anyway. We tend to dress on the nicer side of casual most days (the same way the do at home), unless we are wearing WDW T-shirts, and I do my hair and wear make-up -- we take more pictures at WDW than anywhere else, so we like to look nice for them!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

We don't buy new clothes, but we wear nice clothes. I usually wear nice tshirts or polo. I feel generally alot of people "dress up" to go to Disney. Its just a higher caliber park, and I think alot of people feel that the sleeveless Ron Jon Surf Shop shirt just isn't dressy enough. Granted there are the people who wear that stuff, but I'd say in a given day you'll see way more polos and nice shirts as opposed to the competition where you are lucky to see people with a shirt on at all!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: