Quantcast Beach Club DVC upgrade question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club DVC upgrade question

I know sometimes when you check into a non-DVC Disney resort you are upgraded, i.e. to a water view or view of the parks, etc. Has anyone ever checked into a DVC unit (in our case Beach Club) and been upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom? We have two teenage boys so the extra room would be nice. Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them, and if so, did you ask for it or did it just happen? Thanks, Mark
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I know sometimes when you check into a non-DVC Disney resort you are upgraded, i.e. to a water view or view of the parks, etc. Has anyone ever checked into a DVC unit (in our case Beach Club) and been upgraded from a studio to a 1 bedroom? We have two teenage boys so the extra room would be nice. Just curious if anyone has had this happen to them, and if so, did you ask for it or did it just happen? Thanks, Mark
    hardly ever.....dvc is strict about maintaining protocol

with good reason...wdw is full of repeat customers, many of whom are geographically inclined to raise a fuss and attempt to push for something that they've received in the past...

plus....the point difference between a studio and the other categories is large, and unlike normal resort rooms, there is no leeway in the system that will allow to overbook a category

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I have never heard of this happening, mostly due to the reasons outlined by lockedoutlogic. I guess it can't hurt to ask, but I doubt it would happen for you - not unless you spend more points or money to make it happen. Sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Upgrades for DVC Members are only given when the resort finds themselves unable to accommodate the Member's booking-typically due to engineering issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone else reported it happens, however I've never seen it. I know for a fact the rooms next to me were empty, however not a chance for an upgrade to take advantage of the extra room. And we surely would have appreciated the extra space.

If you need a 1 bedroom, your best bet is to book a 1 bedroom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    If you need a 1 bedroom, your best bet is to book a 1 bedroom.
    I do agree with this quote, however, I must tell you that DVC upgrades do happen.

12 months ago, if you had posted this question, I would have given the same answers as above. However, within the past twelve months, I've been the recipient of a few DVC upgrades.

1. Last two weeks of August 2008 - BWV
    We were booked for a studio for the first 5 nights, then moving up to a 1BR for the next 6 nights. Disney upgraded us to a 1BR for the entire stay.

2. This past February - President's Week (noteworthy as a very busy time) at SSR.
    Had three studios booked.
    All three studios were upgraded to a 1BR. Length of stay was Sunday - Saturday.

I fully know and understand that these situations were not the norm, and we were very lucky.
    But two upgrades in ONE year? We were very happy.

It's not common, but it does indeed happen.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We also were upgraded from a studio to a one-bedroom a few years ago at BWV. We were staying 3 nights in a studio and then moving to a one-bedroom for 4 nights and they upgraded us to the one-bedroom for our entire stay - no increase in points.

So, yes it DOES happen but it is rare. This has been our only upgrade in our 8 years of membership but we usually book a 2 bedroom now so not much to upgrade to.

Good luck!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

My doctor was once upgraded to a Suite at the Beach Club because there was some sort of mix-up with his reservation!!

How lucky is he!!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: