Quantcast ARE Values really bad in the summer??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gooftroop5 View Post

To each their own though.
    Glad to know that I am not the only resort snob

I stayed at POP Century once in the off season and while the hotel is fantastically themed, it's location and some of the clientele it attracts was less that favorable to me. I would rather go less often and stay at a Moderate or Deluxe then ever stay at a Value again.
    Upcoming Trips
    Villas at Grand Californian - 11/2012

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Beach Club Villas - 03/2011
    Villas at Grand Californian - 12/2010
    Hilton Head Island - 5/2010
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

DVC Member - Villas at Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    You wouldn't catch me near a value, but not due to the crowds at the pools.
    well everyone is entitled to feel the way you feel, but you make it sound like staying at an Value resort is dirty and it's for low lifes, well as you can see by my signiture we've stayed at a pretty decent moderate, and besides the food court and Boatwrights , there is not that much of a difference, we no longer want to spend the money for a moderate when we're out at the crack of dawn and don't get back to late at night,sometimes we tend to go back in mid afternoon to cool off in the pool, and have never had an issue with tweens or rowdiness. remember if staying at a value or moderate etc.. you get the same perks that Disney has to offer, EMH Free Parking etc..

this is (IMHO).
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    but you make it sound like staying at an Value resort is dirty and it's for low lifes,
    I don't believe I said anythng of the sort. I think I said my reasons for not staying there had nothing to do with crowds at the pools.

lockedoutlogic Guest

I don't believe I said anythng of the sort. I think I said my reasons for not staying there had nothing to do with crowds at the pools.

no you didn't.....but you knew this was gonna happen.

Can't say anything about a value because the tears start....

a reminder: hotel "class" in disney terms is just a markup on the location of your hotel room in relations to the parks.....not really a reflection of treatment, by and large

Post Thanks / Like

I have found there is a pretty big difference between the different "classes" of resorts.

I agree that location plays a big part, however I feel that the theming of better as you climb the ladder, food options get better, overall convenience (less lines for busses, check-in, "concierge", bell services, and so on). There's also the noise levels at the resorts, and even build quality, just to name a few...

lockedoutlogic Guest

I have found there is a pretty big difference between the different "classes" of resorts.

I agree that location plays a big part, however I feel that the theming of better as you climb the ladder, food options get better, overall convenience (less lines for busses, check-in, "concierge", bell services, and so on). There's also the noise levels at the resorts, and even build quality, just to name a few...
    uh oh....here it comes....

I can tell you from both sides of the wall at the different "classes" of resorts.....the differences are minimal

a short slide, a hot tub or two...and the big one: the restaurants....

but of course, many people don't even use the restaurants (you're a florida resident...so that undoubtedly seems like blastphemy...but it is true)...and there is usually food around every turn in WDW...so there your go

I love the "deluxes"...but they are not worth what you are charged for them...not even close

put it this way: i'm glad i only pay dues now for my DVC rooms....because the monetary equivalent is a rip off.

Post Thanks / Like

When I stayed at a Value (AsM) I felt treated like I was.... not low life or scum... but like I wasn't a valued Disney Guest...
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

that's fine i guess, but when you read all the posts about values that are based on a few bad experiences while me and dw have never had one i feel like i have to be the positive one in the group. believe me the last thing that i want to do is start a posting war.

p.s. there are no tears coming from me!
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    I love the "deluxes"...but they are not worth what you are charged for them...not even close
    You are entitled to your opinion, as am I and absolutely they are worth it. I don't go on Disney for a vacation, I go for an experience and the hotel is a big part of that.
    Upcoming Trips

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, as am I and absolutely they are worth it. I don't go on Disney for a vacation, I go for an experience and the hotel is a big part of that.
    Well....my experience comes from the fact that i worked it....so just a little perspective...

would you be shocked to know that the grand floridian had the lowest quality employees and managers and basically just kinda was running itself in limbo in the absence of skill?

It did for quite awhile.

The room rates stayed the same...which is to say...increased 10% a year

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Well....my experience comes from the fact that i worked it....so just a little perspective...

would you be shocked to know that the grand floridian had the lowest quality employees and managers and basically just kinda was running itself in limbo in the absence of skill?

It did for quite awhile.

The room rates stayed the same...which is to say...increased 10% a year

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    I understand you have an issue with the deluxe hotels, but yours is based in an experience as a castmember. I may say my company provides an inferior product but if the end user has a completely different experience, which is more valid?
    Upcoming Trips

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

Post Thanks / Like

Stay where you are happy and comfy and feel safe. For us it is POP, For my sister it is the Contemporary.

Just enjoy your vacation and get all you want out of it...
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti View Post
    I understand you have an issue with the deluxe hotels, but yours is based in an experience as a castmember. I may say my company provides an inferior product but if the end user has a completely different experience, which is more valid?
    I've also paid the rackrate at the deluxes.....

before and after the work...

"I'm not only the President....i'm also a cliente"

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at Pop during July and while it was crowded the pools weren't bad. I visited the All Stars to be nossy in what it looked like and I noticed lots of Brazilian teen groups staying there at the time.
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goes4FastPass View Post
    Proving once again opinions are like belly buttons: Everybody has one.

If we all had the same opinion then one resort would be EXTEREMLY busy, wouldnt it?
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam&Alex'sMOM View Post
    Stay where you are happy and comfy and feel safe. For us it is POP, For my sister it is the Contemporary.

Just enjoy your vacation and get all you want out of it...
    I agree! My husband dislikes the value - stayed once and will not go back. I, on the other hand, did not have a problem with value. However, everybody needs to feel happy about the choice so we stay moderate. He gets his hotel and I get WDW - everybody happy

First trip 1972
    Last trip 7/11
    Next trip 6/12

Post Thanks / Like

Only stayed at a value once. The complaint I have is not with the pools but with the bus system. There's just so many people to provide for and it was like we we're always waiting for the next one to come along. Also, the waiting area at the All Stars is not shaded.
    You know, it is what it is. It's a value resort that makes it affordable for families ( and singles too) that want to have a magical vacation and might not have big $$ to spend or for people who spend more time in the parks and just need a place to sleep.
    Would I stay there again? You bet! But only when I drive down so I can use my own transportation.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Go for it! it really depends how much time you spend at your hotel. Pop for example, is so spread out and has three pools, so I don't think you will have a problem. It mainly depends on what you are going to WDW for, if you just want to relax and get away, then a value or even WDW in July is not the place. But if you are wanting to do the park thing and partake in the hustle and bustle, you will be ok. Remember the heat factor as well and keep very hydrated. Staying off property...not an option, the parks will be so crowded you will at least want to take advantage of EMH to get as much fun in as possible. Be warned though, Pop is your best option because of the transportation issue, it does not share a bus as the other values do.
    Hope you have a nice trip!
    Jenny 1976
    DVC-BLT-Members 2009

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Pop numerous times and as stated by others, the main pool can get very busy and noisy at times. If so, then just pick another pool, or maybe come back later.

We love Pop though, it's a fun place to stay with kids and the CMs there has always been great. It can be a little on the noisy side sometimes, though, depending on where your room is. Preferred rooms tend to be close to noisy areas, so you trade off convenience of being close to the front for a little less noise. Regardless, it's still a nice place to stay and one of our preferred choices.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Default The classes

I've found my experiences at the resorts (all 3 "classes") depends more on the individual cast members I interact with than the class label marketing placed on the resort.

I wish the bosses at WDW understood this better and rewarded their best CMs while bidding "get lost" to their worst.

I've had individual CMs at all 3 classes treat me like "my break starts it 2 minutes" while others like "the single thing I want to have accomplished when I leave work today is I want to have made this guest's visit so great that he buys a DVC membership and tells all of friends WDW is the happiest place on earth."

I, for one, believe Value, Moderate and Deluxe is much more about what WDW marketing tells us than about real differences between the rooms we stay in.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: