Quantcast Reservations at your non-home resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reservations at your non-home resort

What are the chances that a person can book a room (any type) at their non-home resort at the 7 month window? Are there any that are nearly impossible to get into?

DH and I just bought into BLT but we also LOVE BCV and AKV. We're probably going to be reserving a studio or one bedroom each time we go. Will we have any chance of getting into the other resorts?
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read on other threads that it's near impossible to book at other than your home resort, especially BCV, BWV, and WLV. So far I've been very lucky. I'm 2 for 2. I've successfully booked BCV at the 7 month window and BLT 6 months out. I was very surprised about BLT since it's for Christmas. BCV was for late May.
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends on when you are planning to visit. Last year we went in December and could only book for the week we wanted to visit at our home resort (BCV). (I think Saratoga might have been available, but we were trying to get into VWL).

We are visiting WDW in Jan 2010, and recently reached our 7 month window and were able to switch to a Lake View at BLT. However, I also know that there was still availability at both VWL and BCV.

Post Thanks / Like

There are many things you will need to take into consideration:
    1. When you are going- some times are easier than others to book, though I had absolutely no problem booking a 1 bedroom at BCV at 7 months out for the first week of the Food and Wine Festival
    2. How long is your vacation- I've found that the shorter the trip, the more choices you have
    3. Studio vs. 1 bedroom- At 7 months out it is very hard to get choices for studios at non-home resorts, while I have a lot of choices for 1 bedrooms
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

We've owned at HHI since early 2008. We've not had a problem booking rooms where we want to stay, but we only go during value or regular seasons, so it might not be as difficult to get what we want because there is more available due to lower crowds. I would definitely say it depends a lot on when you go as to what you get. Be willing to be flexible, too. ; )
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reservation at your Non-home resorts

We've been DVC members since March 2006 at SSR&S. I've made reservations for 2 studios at BWV for October 2009. We plan on doing 2 nights there and 2 more nights @ our home resort. NO problem w/BWV. Then, I called to switch from BWV to OKW. Again, NO problem.
    As another post said: "depending on the size of the accomodations".....Again, we were asking for 2 studios.

I'm still in shock re: getting that lucky to GET a studio at BCV!! I've tried there 4 times to no avail!! I only asked for 1 studio!!! Oh well,maybe one day....what's the secret to getting there???

Good luck,
    Live,Love,Laugh~~
    Maryutigger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reservations at your non-home resort

Chances sounds rather random from reading the OPs. I have gotten BC 2 xs and AKL as well. Interesting once I could not get into SSR and had to be waitlisted although I tried to get the reservation a bit close to the time I wanted to stay. I did manage to get a 1 bedroom at BLT for a week in January. I'm not sure if there is a formula but I would just try first thing in the morning at your 7 month window and see what happens. In general we have been lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

We booked a 5-day Studio stay at our Home Resort, the BWV, the first week of May, '09.

On the exact day, 7-mos out, I called to move to the Villas at the Animal Kingdom. Although I could not get the full 5-days at the new Kidani Village, I could get the entire 5-day stay, with a savanna view, in Jambo House.

As others have noted, it depends on when you are traveling, however, DVC CM's have told me two things:

1) Book your stay for the period you want on the exact day, 11-mos out, from your date of arrival. This ensures that you will get the dates that you want and have a lodging reservation for your vacation.

2) Call on the exact day, 7-mos out, to move to the "change resort" you desire.

If your request cannot be made, add your name to the waitlist for the change/stay and if/when it becomes available, you will be in a position to make your switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffybob View Post
    We booked a 5-day Studio stay at our Home Resort, the BWV, the first week of May, '09.

On the exact day, 7-mos out, I called to move to the Villas at the Animal Kingdom. Although I could not get the full 5-days at the new Kidani Village, I could get the entire 5-day stay, with a savanna view, in Jambo House.

As others have noted, it depends on when you are traveling, however, DVC CM's have told me two things:

1) Book your stay for the period you want on the exact day, 11-mos out, from your date of arrival. This ensures that you will get the dates that you want and have a lodging reservation for your vacation.

2) Call on the exact day, 7-mos out, to move to the "change resort" you desire.

If your request cannot be made, add your name to the waitlist for the change/stay and if/when it becomes available, you will be in a position to make your switch.
    We are new members, and this makes the most sense. It would be just like if you were not a member, booking in a category (value, mod) that you're happy with, even though you may want to try for a better resort later.

Thanks for the info!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We almost always travel during the value season. The months we go are usually September or January. I'd like to try early December sometime because I've heard it's a great time to go. I was asking more for my DBIL who might buy DVC resale. He's leaning towards getting the cheapest deal but I've always heard you should 'buy where you want to stay'.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

To me anywhere at WDW is fine because it's at WDW ; ) Some places are more convenient than others or have better pools or whatever, but we have fun no matter where we sleep!

We bought all of our points through resale at HHI because it was the best deal. We just bought 170 points for $60 per point. Can't beat that with a stick! I'd love to own points at BLT, but that'll have to wait until they're *MUCH* cheaper. I can't pay $100+ per point when I know I can points for $60 each at HHI.

I'm cheap. I know.
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT