Quantcast Aerosmith Contract To End Soon? What Then To Do With Rock N Roller Coaster? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    You're one third right. Not overrated at all. They did go off the rails for a couple of albums but recovered nicely thank you, now go listen to Toys In The Attic and quiet down...

PS What artist hasn't had a clunker or two?
    I was just never that big a fan of theirs.

And, truth-be-told, I have an issue with past their prime rock bands. I find something disturbing about grandparents running around on stage with tight pants and bandanas, gyrating their hips, and screaming.

I feel the same way about the Stones and the Who and I love both of those bands. But seriously ... time to hang it up there Gramps.
    Ian şOş
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ş0ş

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I just called my 16 year old nephew and asked him if he knew who Aerosmith was. He had no idea.
    Really Michael? My boys know very well who Aerosmith are, and love them! Their dad is responsible for that though. I do agree with a previous poster who said Rock Band is helping today's youth become acquainted with classic rock such as Aerosmith though.

I'd be disappointed to see them go from the attraction. I like the theme, whether or not I can stomach the attraction or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I also hope Aerosmith stays.

I can't imagine the ride without them. I think their music will be recognizable for many generations to come. I mean, look at the popularity of their Guitar Hero game with kids AND grownups alike! If they do renew their contract, however, I hope they update the video and add new songs to the ride.

(Plus I'm a huge fan. I have tickets to see them in 2 weeks )
    Here you leave Today, and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

D23 Charter Member
    WDW AP

20+ trips to Walt Disney World and counting since 1992!!
    1 trip to Disneyland, CA (2007)

Upcoming trips:
    Disneyland September 2012 &
    Walt Disney World November 2012 & February 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they don't switch to HAnnah Montana. She certainly isn't the epitome of Rock at all

Post Thanks / Like

Here's an idea...

ZZ TOP!

Post Thanks / Like

I did have a Blue Sky idea while driving home today and thought how could they change RnR to make it appeal to all ages and refresh it IF Aerosmith left...

Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero (or Rock Band) are hugely popular with all ages and on multiple continents. You could use any rock song for the most part so the music could change if need be and you could introduce an interactive element as well. Post ride you would sell a TON of Guitar Hero Disney World shirts and you could have tv's with games set up for individuals and families to play.

Just a thought. I am not advocating losing Aerosmith, but if they do go the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana route, I will stick to the west coast and just go to Disneyland.
    Upcoming Trips
    Villas at Grand Californian - 11/2012

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Beach Club Villas - 03/2011
    Villas at Grand Californian - 12/2010
    Hilton Head Island - 5/2010
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

DVC Member - Villas at Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VolMickey View Post
    Here's an idea...

ZZ TOP!

Yeah... <snip> Perfect for Disney World.

- Aero
    Last edited by Ian; 06-24-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Por favor, manténganse alejado de los puercos.

First trip, 1993. DVC Member, 2005. POLY (2x), YC, BC, CSR (3x), POR (2x), SSR (4x), BWV (2x), CBR, DCL (3x), AbD Viva Italia, OKW, AKV/KV (4x), BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    Lawrence Welk Polka Palooza
    . . . an'a one
    . . . an'a two
    . . . an'a blast off
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I was just never that big a fan of theirs.
    Tsk tsk...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Tsk tsk...
    Don't get me wrong ... they definitely have some tunes I'm a big fan of ... Sweet Emotion is one of my favorite rock songs of all time.

In terms of their overall body of work, though ... meh. About 75% of it I could take or leave.

But I think calling them, "THE classic American rock band" is a massive overstatement. Personally, I'd take Van Halen or Guns -n- Roses every day and twice on Sunday over Aerosmith.
    Ian şOş

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ş0ş

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

My DDs 12 yo friend was here last night and said she didn't know who Aerosmith was - until I played a few songs through my computer - she did recognize 3 of the 6 I played. Her response was "I love that song, I just didn't know who sang it!" So while I can't say she's a fan, she does at least know some of their stuff!
    Kathy şoş

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I ran this topic by my kids last night (17 and 19) and they're completely devastated. Both have vowed never to ride Rockin' Roller Coaster again if Hanna Montana OR the Jonas Brothers are associated with it. LOL...we just can't see either of these teeny bopper acts as "Rock" related.
    Nice work, pal.

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eh. I disagree. I've always found them tremendously overrated.

Their early stuff is awesome, but some time around the late 80's they went off-track and have never really recovered.
    I've got to agree with Ian on this one. Saying they are "thee" classic American rock band is a stretch...a big one.

As for kids in the 15-20 age range being fans...I think they are more the exception than the rule. My 15 year old baby sister doesn't know who they are and could not care less. Aerosmith has done very little in the last 10-15 years to keep them relevant to a younger generation.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster View Post
    As for kids in the 15-20 age range being fans...I think they are more the exception than the rule. My 15 year old baby sister doesn't know who they are and could not care less. Aerosmith has done very little in the last 10-15 years to keep them relevant to a younger generation.
    It depends on what you mean by "relevant", I think.

I tend to agree that the Aerosmith Guitar Hero game has probably introduced their music to this generation, but whether or not it really sticks or resonates with them is a whole different story.
    Ian şOş

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope they keep Aerosmith, they are my favorite band and they fit that ride perfectly. They also have the other Disney connection - their song in Armegedon - so I always thought it made sense to have them there.

It seems to me that something would have been said by now about a change - and there would have to be a period of the ride being down. They just had a rehab, where they updated the computer systems about 2 years ago so I don't see it going down again any time soon. I just read on the Aerosmith website not too long ago about one of the boys going to WDW and going on the ride. He was still so struck by the fact that they had a ride, it was cool to read.

As for them being relevant to the younger generations - I'm 28 and I just went to my first Aerosmith concert with my 26 year old husband just 2 weeks ago. We were hardly the youngest ones there. In fact their were quite a few young kids there, who probably would have fit better at a Hanna Montana or Jonas Brothers concert.

And as much as I actually like HM & JB I think that Aerosmith, a band that has been cranking out hits for almost 40 years, might have a little more staying power.
    FW '88 • FW '89 • CBR '91 • POFQ '92 • WL '93 • WL '94 • DLH '95 • ASMu/PR '96 • DLH '97 • CBR '98 • FWC '99 • FWC '00 • POR '01 • AKL '02 • FWC '03 • POR '06 • ASSp '07 • PC '08 • PC '09 • DL '10 • PC '11 • POFQ '12 • CBR '12 • POR '14

Next up: Universal Orlando - September 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that Aerosmith is very popular around here. They're from this area, so there's a special connection to them for a lot of people. They sell out very quickly, when they come to town.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Bon Jovi could slide right in but i hope there's no change.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Now that Brian May has his doctorate and is a rocket scientist, maybe he will want to spend more time in South Florida and we can all enjoy Queen music as we ride. I would love to have it stay Aerosmith but I also would be happy to have it include any or all of the great bands including Grand Funk, Jimmy Hendrix, Santana, Chicago, Black Sabath, Jefferson Airplane-Starship, Van Halen and I could go on and on.

Why don't they just let us choose at the start of the ride?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgod View Post
    Why don't they just let us choose at the start of the ride?
    Then it would be called Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit and you would be at Universal Studios.
    Upcoming Trips
    Villas at Grand Californian - 11/2012

Recent Trips
    Old Key West - 12/2011
    Contemporary - 05/2011
    Beach Club Villas - 03/2011
    Villas at Grand Californian - 12/2010
    Hilton Head Island - 5/2010
    Boardwalk Villas - 9/09

DVC Member - Villas at Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti View Post
    Then it would be called Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit and you would be at Universal Studios.
    They keep promoting this on the radio - the first two times, I swore they said Rockin Roller Coaster, then went on to promote Universal.

This last time I paid better attention and caught the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit Roller Coaster.
    There seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: