Quantcast Tusker House lunch

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tusker House lunch

Whats it like? We just booked an ADR that would get us a ticket for Nemo and friends as well. Is this a good choice? This will be our "main meal" of the day...
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Tusker House

We ate at Tusker House when it was counter service and it was excellent. We really enjoyed it. Now it is a buffet. From what I have read, it is very good, so you should enjoy it. You will love the Nemo show as well. It is very fun.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

we loved it...it was our favorite buffet. lots of food, choices, and it was all just awesome!!!
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

The buffet is wonderful. It is very hard not to eat too much. There are many African regional foods that are mouth-watering as well as the usual buffet favorites for the kids. I really enjoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

We would like to try this one as well. Does someone have more info about the Nemo tickets? It is one of our favorite shows in WDW. Is it with breakfast and lunch? Do you have to ask for it when you do ADRs?
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chefmickey3 View Post
    We would like to try this one as well. Does someone have more info about the Nemo tickets? It is one of our favorite shows in WDW. Is it with breakfast and lunch? Do you have to ask for it when you do ADRs?
    Everyone who books an ADR between 1:00pm and 1:40 gets a ticket for the 3:15 Nemo show, reserved seating.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I have to give a dissenting opinion of Tusker House.

Now, let me preface this by saying that when we went it was probably within a week or two of when they reopened as a buffet in November in 2007. But it was not a good experience for us.

The biggest problem was that we had made ADRs for lunch and showed up on time. But we sat around waiting 1/2 an hour on a hot day before I finally went to the counter to ask again about our seats. Then someone finally took us in. While we were waiting outside we figured they must be busy and that's why we had to wait. But when they finally sat us, there was almost no one in the restaurant and loads of empty tables. So basically we waited for no reason! Probably because someone just forgot about us but then no one said anything to us or apologized. Not a good first impression.

The server we had was rather inattentive, as I remember it.

The food? Lots of different rice dishes and generally things we don't eat. I'm guessing they were Indian or African dishes, which just isn't our thing. Some stuff was good, but we wouldn't eat at least half of the things, I guess. And I'm someone who likes to try different things but what I saw was not appealing to me.

Maybe things have changed since then and the service is better now, but it left a very bad impression on us and we wouldn't go back or recommend it to others. Or at least I'd tell them about our experience (which I'm doing) and let them make their own decisions.
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We tried this restaurant for the first time in Feb. this year. My DH and I agree that is will become a must do from now on. As badkitty stated it is very hard not to eat too much. Plenty of choices for even the pickest eater to choose from. Make sure you save room for dessert. Our server was great and even with a big crowd waiting outside , never felt rushed.

Next trip-Jan.25-Feb.1, 2010 POFQ with my entire family. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Post Thanks / Like

We tried Tusker House for the first time last year.
    I was initially disappointed that I couldn't get us breakfast reservations-but that didn't last long.
    The food is incredible! There's a great variety of foods to choose from so you can be daring and try things you've never had before.
    Ken & Kim
    AKL July 04 Honeymoon!
    AKL Sept 05,
    AKV Sept 06, 07, 08, 09
    BLT Sept 10
    AKV Sept 11
    AKV Feb 12 (Princess 1/2)
    BLT Sept 12 (TOT 10)
    BLT May 13
    BWV Sept 13 (TOT 10)
    BCV Sept 14 (TOT 10)
    BLT March 15
    BWV/AKV Oct 15
    BWV/BLT Sept 16
    BWV/POLY Sept 17
    BWV/CCV Sept 18

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mousekateer mom!!!
    We have had lunch twice at Tusker house and I really really enjoyed it. I think the food is very tasty and always lots of it. It's a buffett so you can be in and out with ease. Lots of choices so everyone in our party is pleased.
    Haven't tried the nemo show part but Tusker house is a favorite when we go to AK.

Have fun!!
    Tracy șOș

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: