Quantcast Stitch is Out - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stitch is Out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TracyL View Post
    I must say, all in all, considering this is supposedly a Disney fan site, there sure is a lot of Disney bashing going on here?
    Just because this is a fan site doesn't mean we cannot critique the company... They are in shambles.. Until Iger gets the guts to can Rasulo and all of Rasulo's cronies, shows like Stitch may be commonplace I fear..
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The DVC may have grown too fast... They can't even come close to selling out BLT now...
    Personally, I lay blame for slow DVC sales right at the foot of the economic crisis.

I'm sure a lot of people were buying their memberships with 2nds on their primary residence and ... well ... you can't really get those anymore.

I'm sure once the credit market loosens sales will skyrocket with all the pent-up demand out there.

I must say, all in all, considering this is supposedly a Disney fan site, there sure is a lot of Disney bashing going on here?
    Consider it from this angle ...

What does it say about the current state of the Walt Disney World Resort that their biggest fan base ... the ones who should be their most loyal customers ... have become so critical of them?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Personally, I lay blame for slow DVC sales right at the foot of the economic crisis.

I'm sure a lot of people were buying their memberships with 2nds on their primary residence and ... well ... you can't really get those anymore.

I'm sure once the credit market loosens sales will skyrocket with all the pent-up demand out there.

Consider it from this angle ...

What does it say about the current state of the Walt Disney World Resort that their biggest fan base ... the ones who should be their most loyal customers ... have become so critical of them?
    I agree with the credit crisis being a huge part of the sales dwindling... But, there is a saturation point... Just don't know where it is... And in this climate, we cannot really judge fairly if that point has been reached.. I think we will be able to see in another year or two when the economic turn around starts hitting the American people...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I find this hysterical!!!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I find this hysterical!!!
    So does Universal Orlando...

Post Thanks / Like

So does Universal Orlando...
    I'll bet they do, too. Especially with the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on the Horizon. From what I have seen, this addition to IOA is going to be hugely popular, and is going to be a fantastic addition to that park. And the best new attractions that Disney can come up with are let's see, . . . . a stage show/dance party, that consists of a fancy stage area, but no any seating or shade for guests, a balloon ride over DTD and an exhibit of Princess Diana's gowns and dresses. Wow. That's really going to draw the crowds.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder sometimes if Disney set its own bar impossibly high at some point in its history.

There's a lot of criticism now about all the things they're doing wrong - and I agree with some of it. But at the same time, as a Passholder who is on property at least once a month, I am here to tell you it is like NIGHT AND DAY to compare now with a couple of years ago during Eisner's reign of error.

While you may not love every change or new thing that is being created, at least they're changing stuff and creating new things! No way was Eisner about to plus up Small World, or do a major gut rehab on Space Mountain. I don't doubt that building a zillion more hotel rooms was right on with his plan, but making actual improvements in the parks, not so much.

Everything looks a little cleaner and more freshly painted since Iger arrived. And while it's far from perfect, I at least want to offer one counterpoint to the doom and gloom.

I guess I'm just easy to please!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I'll bet they do, too. Especially with the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on the Horizon. From what I have seen, this addition to IOA is going to be hugely popular, and is going to be a fantastic addition to that park. And the best new attractions that Disney can come up with are let's see, . . . . a stage show/dance party, that consists of a fancy stage area, but no any seating or shade for guests, a balloon ride over DTD and an exhibit of Princess Diana's gowns and dresses. Wow. That's really going to draw the crowds.
    Well, as far as HP goes, from what I am hearing, the robotic arm doesn't like the ride vehicle too much... It throws it away if you will...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

No way was Eisner about to plus up Small World ...
    Actually, Eisner did plus Small World.

Eisner stepped down as CEO on September 30th, 2005. The Small World rehab started in May of 2004 and the ride re-opened in March of 2005 ... 6 months before Eisner left the company.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't doomers and gloomers.. We are fans who want Disney to do better... Disney set the bar high... Now, everyone passes the bar and Disney falls under it... We have seen Disney do better... That is what we want... No more of this Stitch garbage... No more celebration marketing shemes... no more cheap refurbs and no more carbooard cutouts to save money... Disney is better than that... TDO isn't... Regime change is needed in Orlando...
    Last edited by Ian; 06-21-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Actually, Eisner did plus Small World.

Eisner stepped down as CEO on September 30th, 2005. The Small World rehab started in May of 2004 and the ride re-opened in March of 2005 ... 6 months before Eisner left the company.
    I'll do you one better... Under Eisner, the Space Mountain refurb was planned... it would have been an 18-24 month refurb... Would have been awesome and on par with the other Space Mountains... Then Eisner's regime collapsed.. Igert took over.. Rasulo's power increased... Phil Holmes, Meg Crofton, and the rest of Rasulo's cronies gained power... meaning, CUTTING not ADDING or PLUSSING!!!! Eisner gave us DAK, DHS, Splash Mountain, etc...

What has Iger given us that is worth while?? A slashed Space Mountain refurb??? Jack Sparrow in Pirates, not making the ride better at all??? Like I said many times, Rasulo and his cronies need to be fired and replaced with people who actually KNOW how to run theme parks...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the credit crisis being a huge part of the sales dwindling
    1) No.
    2) Disney has a lot of loan cash for DVC.
    3) They just are not getting people to buy and ask for money.

4) Where we have hit saturation point or not, only the future can tell.
    5) I think that people are just scrutinizing their purchases more.
    6) At current prices and maintenance fees, DVC is not as good a deal anymore.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

"Let's see...how can we improve Tommorowland?" "I know! Let's build a Stitch dance show on a stage in the middle of it!" "Great idea! Green light it!" How did this even happen?!?
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    "Let's see...how can we improve Tommorowland?" "I know! Let's build a Stitch dance show on a stage in the middle of it!" "Great idea! Green light it!" How did this even happen?!?
    TDO wanted a quick and cheap show.. Entertainment created something based on Stitch... TDO said "YES MORE STITCH!!!!" And bam... That waste of space and EPIC failure was hatched...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) No.
    2) Disney has a lot of loan cash for DVC.
    3) They just are not getting people to buy and ask for money.

4) Where we have hit saturation point or not, only the future can tell.
    5) I think that people are just scrutinizing their purchases more.
    6) At current prices and maintenance fees, DVC is not as good a deal anymore.
    Don't really agree with any of this ... while there may be plenty of cash to lend, the lending standards have tightened and fewer people can quality now.

In addition, lots of people are out of work and unable to qualify for any kind of financing. Even those who probably could qualify are spooked from buying anything because all we hear all day long in the media is how credit is evil and we shouldn't buy anything ever again because wanting things is bad.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not the brightest light bulb in the room but even I saw this as a disaster from the first announcement. I don't know why Stitch is shoved down people's throats all the time and whoever came up with this blunder should be shown the door along with those that agreed to pursue it...not a shock here folks...just some very bad decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Cabsfan View Post
    I'm not the brightest light bulb in the room but even I saw this as a disaster from the first announcement. I don't know why Stitch is shoved down people's throats all the time and whoever came up with this blunder should be shown the door along with those that agreed to pursue it...not a shock here folks...just some very bad decisions.
    I really believe Disney is trying to force a franchise on us... And Stitch, despite being a popular character, is NOT a franchise... I really hope they learn from their mistakes...

Post Thanks / Like

I really believe Disney is trying to force a franchise on us... And Stitch, despite being a popular character, is NOT a franchise... I really hope they learn from their mistakes...
    I don't know about franchise, but Stitch as a character has done well. The problem is, Magic Kingdom has added two Stitch attractions that are really lame.

I certainly understand the Orlando people being partial to Stitch, since he came to life in Orlando.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

But pushing Stitch means some other idea won't get funded, right?

As I said before, Tomorrowland and Innoventions/Future World should be about AMAZING things. Mission: Space is an AMAZING ride - even with the occasional protein spill. The old Living Seas Seabase Alpha was AMAZING - but again, it was a glimpse of the future, not a rehashed aquarium. The Space Ranger Spin is an adventure, and amazing, and fun. A stage show? Well, not so much.

I'm probably wrong on this - but wasn't Walt thinking that a sense of wonder, of amazement, of excitement and adventure was supposed to permeate the entire WDW experience?

So - a sense of wonder and adventure versus a 'party' - admittedly, stage show 'parties' are cheaper than 'adventures' to build, manage, and maintain, but are they as satisfactory long-term?
    July '66, Disneyland.
    Aug '73, Mar '82, Sep '97 - Before Mr. Boo..
    Feb '02 - With Mr. Boo, age 4
    Oct '03 - POR! Forget the sun, let it RAIN!
    In 2009? March for a day - EPCOT! July - Ft. Wilderness!
    Nov 2020 Ft. Wilderness
    Nov 2021 Ft Wilderness again!
    Nov 2023 Ft Wilderness, here we come!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I think it's important to recognize that Stitch, the character, is not really what's at fault for this failure.

I think we would all flock to a truly well-done, up-to-Disney-standards ride that was themed around Stitch.

I mean, if they built a Stitch-themed roller coaster where you rode around in Stitch's rocket ship trying to escape from Jumbaa and Pleakley or something people would be lined up around the block for it. Heck, they'd even line up around the block for a really well done Stitch dark ride, I'm sure. Something along the line of the Monsters, Inc. ride in DCA.

The problem with this was not Stitch ... it was that the show was dull, pointless, corny, not synched up with the story, cheap, shabby, low budget in both look and feel, and just completely and totally awful.

That's why it failed.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: