Quantcast Youngest Age - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Youngest Age

Post Thanks / Like

We took our first trip, first for DH & myself as well, when DS's were 4 1/2 & 6. It was really then before we could afford it! But I had been planning that trip since youngest DS was born! But I knew that I wanted to wait until youngest DS was potty trained, didn't need naps or a stroller! DS's were able to enjoy every attraction that they wanted to - nearly everything in WDW! We went to every park! I hadn't planned on Epcot, thinking they were too young, DS 6 talked me in to it, and we all loved it! Also still young enough to be in awe of the characters, for characters meals & autograph's! It was a truly magical trip!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I took my first son at 4 weeks old. [EPCOT] [We're only counting OUTSIDE the womb right? ] And my second son was 3 months [Magic Kingdom].

I said I wanted to break them in early My friends always joked with me and said it would be cool to give birth at Disney. I didn't want to go that far though
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Grandaughter will be 2 next month and has been to WDW 5 times, 1st time at 3 months, and Disneyland once, at about 9 months.

Post Thanks / Like

My youngest daughter was 2 months old on her first trip to WDW.
    Cara

1982, 1988, 1989 off site
    1992 CBR & POFQ
    1993 POFQ
    1995 WL
    1996 WL
    1998 Poly
    1999 BWI
    Many day trips while at UF GO GATORS!!!!
    2004 Off site
    2005 Poly
    2006 POFQ
    2007 WL
    Aug 2011 BC

Post Thanks / Like

I was 37 when we took our daughter for the first time

DD was 2 the first time she went. I think it was a perfect age. Younger than that, they will still have fun looking at the colors and all the wonder. It is highly unlikely that they will remember much though. My DD still remembers going up to a character on her own. It was at DHS. Minnie and Daisy came out. It was her turn and she always had to be held. Daisy turned to her, daughter ran passed Minnie and jumped into Daisy's arms. Good thing she had some balance or she might have rolled over.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

All ages! I was 6 months old when my parents took me on my first WDW trip. I don't remember any of it, but my parents made me a whole photo album and used my picture with Mickey as our Christmas card that year. My point is, even if your child isn't old enough to remember it, you will through photos and video. Your child will also have those photos to look at.
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

First trip ages:

DD was 20 months old

DS was still a work in process, as DW
    was months along in the pregnancy

it was hot (june) but we had a great trip and DD would still rather go to WDW than anywhere else for vacation.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

before we had kids, we said--they have to be old enough to enjoy it and remember.

then we took our DD for her second birthday six months ago. It's still all she talks about, and keeps asking to go back. If, 20 years from now she doesn't remember--thats ok. She had SO MUCH JOY during our trip, and even after. She still gets so excited looking at pictures--we even watch the free parks DVD sometimes and she laughs and claps and talks about things as they come on the screen.

I think it depends on the personality of your child though too--she wasn't afraid of characters at all, and likes ot watch fireworks (as long as they aren't too loud!)
    First visit: Feb. 1989
    a bunch in between
    Next visit: 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think age really matters. When the child is really little, they aren't going to remember it, except through stories and pics. But memories can still be made...

Post Thanks / Like

Our youngest was 2 on his first trip. He is now 6 and remembers everything! The only thing is we have created a monster because he is totally obsessed with everything Disney! LOL This upcoming trip will be his 4th trip and he's only 6!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Youngest Age

in utero and 10 months...my DS (the oldest) was about 3 1/2 on his 1st trip (DD 2nd child was 10 months then) and it was easy traveling with the 2 of them (all my kids are good travelers though). She was in the back pack and he hopped in and out of the stroller to go on the attractions. It was a wonderful trip (and my grown group are still Disney enthusiasts and visit WDW often)!

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't start taking them until they were 3 years old. We felt like they could enjoy it more at that age but everyone is different.
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Post Thanks / Like

We went when I was 6 months pregnant with our DD, then after she was born, took her when she was 6 months, 13 months, and we are going at 20 months, 22 months, and 23 months. She has her good days and bad days, but she's an easy baby and i think it's easier with diapers than it will be once she's potty trained.
    8/97, 6/00--Fort Wilderness Campground
    7/02--Disneyland
    6/04, 6/07--WDW Offsite
    12/05, 9/08(Honeymoon)--Pop Century
    2/09, 7/10--Saratoga Springs
    9/09, 9/10--Animal Kingdom Lodge
    9/09, 7/10--Old Key West
    10/10, 12/10--Hilton Head Island Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Well I read through the post quickly, but it looks like we had the second youngest on here.

DS was 5 weeks old. We took him across the country to Disneyland. He did great and mainly just slept the whole time.
    Justin ├o┤﴾o﴿├o┤

Apr 83 - Offsite
    Aug 83 - FW
    Aug 85 - FW
    Aug 87 - FW
    Sep 01 - All Star(Honeymoon)
    Jun 05 - FW
    Dec 07 - FW
    Mar 08 - FW
    Aug 08 - Disneyland (Offsite)
    Dec 09 - FW
    Feb 10 - Offsite-Business Trip
    Sep 10 - All Star
    Next Trip?

Post Thanks / Like

My oldest had his first trip for his first birthday and my youngest was 9 months old. Disney is the most family friendly vacation destination there is and they make it very easy to bring little ones. Personally, I wouldn't bring a baby before they had been vaccinated or during cold/flu season because you will be exposed to the world's germs. Other than that I say bring 'em!
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: