Quantcast So how many people are friends with Elton?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default So how many people are friends with Elton?

Or have even met him? I know if you have you never forget him, and vice versa!

Met him two years ago in EPCOT, a roaming CM who loves nothing better than grabbing families and bringing them to the front of the line on rides.

He took DW and I onto Soarin' last year before the park even opened up, and along with us he brought a mother with her young daughter who was gravely ill. (what she had escapes me at the moment)

At the point on the ride when the golfer hits the ball towards the glider, he reaches up as if to grab the ball, then pulled his hand down and gave a shiny golf ball to the little girl. You should have seen the smile on her face!

Then last week, more than a year since I last saw him, I'm standing outside a restroom in EPCOT and hear someone calling my name. I turn around and there's Elton, coming up to give me a big bear hug.

I tell you, most of the CMs are friendly, but Elton takes things to a level that is beyond magical.

If you've met him you know, and if you haven't....look for him in EPCOT next time you're down there!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

wow...great story. I'll have to keep an eye out for him. I always said when I was a CM that is what I wanted to do...just roam the parks and help people have a magical experience
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I thought you meant Elton John!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I've been fortunate enough to work with Elton for the last 4 years... For those of you who saw the Year of a Million Dreams commercials, he's the tremendously magical African-American with the bald head, blowing pixie dust on all you fine folk.

I'm going to print this thread and show it to him-I know he'll love it!

Post Thanks / Like

These types of CM ROCK!!! Elton, thank you for being the CM that brings magic to The Happiest Place on Earth through your personality while on the "job"! I am going to look for you the next time we are down there!

Keep up the awesome work!
    Last edited by Melanie; 05-28-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love stories like this! Thanks for sharing it, and we'll definitely keep an eye out for Elton next time we go.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great story. I have not met him but I will definitely look him up when we hit Epcot this summer. It is true that the CM's due make the difference but I love the ones who go above and beyond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Stop View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to work with Elton for the last 4 years... For those of you who saw the Year of a Million Dreams commercials, he's the tremendously magical African-American with the bald head, blowing pixie dust on all you fine folk.

I'm going to print this thread and show it to him-I know he'll love it!
    Then please tell him that fellow Miami Dolphin fan Alan from NY with the long hair and all the tattoos says hello!

He'll know who I am!

And if you print this after I posted this and he's reading it....Elton my brother, can't wait to see you again in December! Rock on and GO PHINS!

Post Thanks / Like

We met Elton at Soarin also!! My daughter sat next to him on the ride and gave her the golf ball! It was a tremendous highlight to our trip.
    It is those kinds of moments that keep us coming back!
    Jim aka PrincessASquared's Daddy º0º

DVC Owners as of August 1, 2007 at SSR!!
    2007 SSR
    2008 SSR

2008 - SSR
    2009 POP/BC
    2009 SSR
    2010 POP/OKW

2010 OKW
    2011 POP/BWV

Upcoming Trips
    2011 OKW
    2012 POP/BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.... I will definitely be looking for him next time we're at Epcot!! It's CM's like him that make Disney so unique to anywhere else. Thanks for the info, and I hope he stays at Disney for a magically long time!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I ignored this post when I first saw it, because I didn't know who Elton was. I'm glad I read it now. I will be on the lookout for him next time we go. It's so neat that there are CMs like him in the parks. It's yet another small, but very significant piece of the magic that we've all come to know and love.

Thanks for posting.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I ignored this post when I first saw it, because I didn't know who Elton was. I'm glad I read it now. I will be on the lookout for him next time we go. It's so neat that there are CMs like him in the parks. It's yet another small, but very significant piece of the magic that we've all come to know and love.

Thanks for posting.

I completely agree! It's people like Elton and the experiences that he's given to the op and probably countless other people that make Disney so magical!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

This post just literally left me in tears. What an amazing person to do all those wonderful things. Though I've never met Elton, we had a similar experience on Spaceship earth. We were hanging around outside waiting for family to catch up and a wonderful CM came out a back entrance, pulled us all together (a group of 10) and brought us in a back door to the front of the line. She was wonderful, courteous and very special to us. Though we only had a few minutes with her, we were very greatful.

I'll be in Disney in Sept, and will keep my eye out for Elton. And just maybe I'll be able to bring something special for him, like he has for so many others.

Geez, I love Disney.

Thank you for posting this. What a beautiful pick-me-up on this rainy day in NH.
    AKA~Jody
    Off site-Dec 1984, Apr 1995, Nov 2000, Oct 2003, May 2004, Oct 2004, Dec 2006, Sept 2007, Sept/Oct 2008, Dec 2010, Nov 2012, Oct 2014, Dec 2017
    POP Centry- Dec 2004 (first stay onsite), Dec 2011
    CBR-Sept 2005, Dec 2005, Dec 2008, Sept 2009, Nov 2015
    AKL- Dec 2014
    Poly -May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This can't be true. All I read about is how CM's have gone downhill and there is no more Disney magic. So there.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Its CMs like Elton that truely make Disney a magical place and not just a theme park
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

After seeing Elton last year on the 'Million Dreams' promos, I looked for him everywhere! I wanted my picture made w/ him 'cause he seems to be the complete CM package. DH had instructions not to panic if I broke into a sprint, shouting, 'ELTON' - just be ready w/ the camera!

So here's your warning, Elton, I'm coming back in Sept. & I'll be looking for you...

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

This is a great thread. I remember the commercials, that's all. Next time I will keep an eye out for Elton too. I did meet Jim, one of the engineers on the Disney Railroad. It was great.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

i will!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooo! I want to meet Elton! Great story!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful story. I will keep my eye out for Elton in September when I go!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: