Quantcast Do you think Michael Vick will play in the NFL in the near future ? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Forgive me if I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but are you saying that humans do not matter more than animals? There is nothing fundamentally wrong with putting people before animals, that is the way it should be.

And for the record, I love animals and own a wonderful, loving Pitbull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I agree! I admit I was really bothered by the original statement on this. In general, there is no way would I ever put an animal's life above a human life.
    I personally think that maybe the way you are talking about this situation is incorrect. Nobody has said that animal life is more important than a human life. I think the big picture here is that an animal life IS worth far more than a job! Let him work at McDonald's for minimum wage, stock shelves at the supermarket but why reward him and give him back a high profile job making millions of dollars??? Because he's sorry? The convinience store, the hospital and even the candle factory where I used to work wouldn't hire folks who had a violent felony in their past, just because it didn't involve a human doesn't mean it wasn't violent. But that's just my
    °o° Traci ¨¨*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not to ask the obvious question here, but if you don't care why would you be upset?
    Wow, I would have expected more out of you quite honestly. That was not very nice.

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbellybutton View Post
    I personally think that maybe the way you are talking about this situation is incorrect. Nobody has said that animal life is more important than a human life. I think the big picture here is that an animal life IS worth far more than a job! Let him work at McDonald's for minimum wage, stock shelves at the supermarket but why reward him and give him back a high profile job making millions of dollars??? Because he's sorry? The convinience store, the hospital and even the candle factory where I used to work wouldn't hire folks who had a violent felony in their past, just because it didn't involve a human doesn't mean it wasn't violent. But that's just my
    Actually MANY places Will not hire FELONS because they interact with Customers. So in your opinion, he should not use his marketable skills to make money. Because of his crime- he should be subjected to the lowest wage possible- your comment on minimum wage- for the remainder of his life ?
    Truely that goes above and beyond cruel and unusual punishment.
    I feel that convicted felons who get their act together should be allowed to make a decent wage so that they do not fall into the repetive cycle of repeating their stay in prison. I would like to see all people be able to make more than minimum wage, and would like if it were possible to have people who have been convicted of crimes to return to society as fully functional members of society (even though I know this is not a realistic thing, but I do love to dream of Utopia). Sorry my little rant at the end here is a little off topic.
    To wrap up, I hope he gets it together, that michael vick is truely repentant, that he can make some sort of amends, that he can change his ways, and that he be allowed to be a productive and personally responsible member of society.
    Just like the rest of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Actually MANY places Will not hire FELONS because they interact with Customers. So in your opinion, he should not use his marketable skills to make money. Because of his crime- he should be subjected to the lowest wage possible- your comment on minimum wage- for the remainder of his life ?
    Truely that goes above and beyond cruel and unusual punishment.
    I feel that convicted felons who get their act together should be allowed to make a decent wage so that they do not fall into the repetive cycle of repeating their stay in prison. I would like to see all people be able to make more than minimum wage, and would like if it were possible to have people who have been convicted of crimes to return to society as fully functional members of society (even though I know this is not a realistic thing, but I do love to dream of Utopia). Sorry my little rant at the end here is a little off topic.
    To wrap up, I hope he gets it together, that michael vick is truely repentant, that he can make some sort of amends, that he can change his ways, and that he be allowed to be a productive and personally responsible member of society.
    Just like the rest of us.
    I am not someone who believes that everyone who is convicted of a crime is a bad seed. I feel that if you have the lack of morals that it takes to violently abuse anyone or anything that is helpless, (children, animals, elderly etc.) then you have basically given up your right to have a very public job that pays top dollar. It was not an accident, he didn't hit a dog with a car, he made a concious decision to abuse animals. That is my opinion, I certainly welcome yours
    I was exaggerating with the minimum wage remark to make my point, I apologize. (if you'd seen my last paycheck you'd know I'm really sorry )I too wish that everyone could live happily ever after with their dream jobs, making more than just the rent.
    I also wish that he could get it together but the fact that he commited these acts while in the public eye, in my opinion, ruined his chances to have that one in a million life.
    I honestly respect everyone's opinion on this hot button topic, I can see why people feel one way or the other. What I can't see is why people feel the need to be mean to one another.
    If we can't have a discussion and respect the opiions of others then what is the point? In my original post I was not calling anyone wrong, I thought that maybe Ian and Melanears had taken a comment wrong, that the lives weren't necessarily more important than a human life, but that they were more important than having his dream job. Everyone makes mistakes, we just don't do it while being idolized by children all over the world. But as I said, that's just my

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct that no one said animals were more important than people, but the poster did imply that they were equal, and I was merely disagreeing. But you are wrong about my not understanding the point about the job. Go back and read my second post, post #10 on page 1.
    What I can't see is why people feel the need to be mean to one another.
    I haven't seen anyone being mean, unless some posts have been removed.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    You are correct that no one said animals were more important than people, but the poster did imply that they were equal, and I was merely disagreeing. But you are wrong about my not understanding the point about the job. Go back and read my second post, post #10 on page 1.
    I haven't seen anyone being mean, unless some posts have been removed.
    I stand corrected.... I had seen your post but it went right over my head

As for mean, I think if someones feelings have been hurt and you have been made aware of that fact, try to agree to disagree and not kick them when they are down.... I think there was something that could have been handled differently, that's all.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

As for mean, I think if someones feelings have been hurt and you have been made aware of that fact, try to agree to disagree and not kick them when they are down.... I think there was something that could have been handled differently, that's all.
    Some people seem to get their feelings hurt whenever someone disagrees with their opinion.

You can't take a strong position on an issue, call out people who have the opposite opinion, and then play wounded and "hurt feelings" when people call you out in return.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Some people seem to get their feelings hurt whenever someone disagrees with their opinion.

You can't take a strong position on an issue, call out people who have the opposite opinion, and then play wounded and "hurt feelings" when people call you out in return.
    Actually, what I was hurt about is you putting your comment in about how if I didn't care then why did it hurt my feelings. That was unnecessary and you know it. It was just a way to poke at someone. I think I acknowledged that Rhetoic 2000 and I might have differing opinions but they had the sensitivity to state their opinions and leave it at that. I also stated that I appreciated that.

Ian, you've done this in a lot of other threads, just to poke at someone, and it's not appropriate. You make sarcastic statements just to get a rise. You've been told before that people don't understand when your kidding or poking fun and people can take what you say seriously. Obviously you got what you wanted, but it still doesn't make it right.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you feel that way, but since you claimed your feelings were hurt prior to my making that remark I think you're sort of re-writing history.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Actually that happened with Scar and Melanears, but you just wanted to make sure you added insult by chiming in with your two cents.
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah,

I apologize if I hurt your feelings, that was not my intention. But honestly, I just carefully re-read all the posts and all I see are people giving their opinions. Please don't be offended, express your beliefs and go with it... even if it is wrong j/k
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scar, I really appreciate you saying that. I'm sorry if I'm overly sensitive about this issue. Animals are the single most important thing in this world to me, they are what I have devoted my entire life to saving and protecting. I tend to be overly emotional about it, and sometimes I might even be wrong!! Thanks again for that, and I promise I'll try not to take it so personally in the future. Take care!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Far be it from me to agree with Ian. () but he is correct...Vick is mediocre at best. The only reason he is in the league is because of his ability to run.

Even with that ability, he wasn't the best at that. I will give evidence to support that statement.

Vick's best year rushing was the last year he played, where in 16 games he rushed for 1039 yards and 2 TDs.

In 1972, Bobby Douglas of the Chicago Bears ran for 968 yards and 8 TDs in the 14 game schedule.

Like Vick, Bobby was a terrible passer.

How come no one ever referred to Bobby as "the greatest athlete to ever play the position"?

The day will come when Vick won't be able to run anymore, and will have to run the offense from the pocket, as is the nature of the position. When that happens, all his flaws will be even more exposed.

Just ask Daunte Culpepper.

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, please don't let it get to you. You said what you wanted to say and expressed your opinion on an issue that is important to you which is what these message boards are supposed to be all about. This is supposed to be the most friendly site on the Interet but sometimes it's those little digs the most - I think sometimes some of us don't realize that we're hurting other people. I'm sorry you were hurt.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    Actually that happened with Scar and Melanears, but you just wanted to make sure you added insult by chiming in with your two cents.
    I wasn't attempting to "add insult."

You made what I thought was a confusing statement and I asked you to clarify it. That was all.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Sarah, please don't let it get to you. You said what you wanted to say and expressed your opinion on an issue that is important to you which is what these message boards are supposed to be all about. This is supposed to be the most friendly site on the Interet but sometimes it's those little digs the most - I think sometimes some of us don't realize that we're hurting other people. I'm sorry you were hurt.
    Thanks Kathy, I appreciate you saying that. I know it's hard to know the inflection of what people are saying here, especially with an issue that is so close to your heart. Thanks again
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Ok reading through this post again and I find it quite ridiculous and find it hard to believe that anyone's feelings were hurt. I have seen much worse in the sports forum with going back and forth on certain issues. Nothing in this thread was mean spirited or insulting maybe I am missing something Something that has been stated in this forum many times the rules are a little different here and we allow more back and forth but this doesn't even come close to anything like that.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I am not someone who believes that everyone who is convicted of a crime is a bad seed. I feel that if you have the lack of morals that it takes to violently abuse anyone or anything that is helpless, (children, animals, elderly etc.) then you have basically given up your right to have a very public job that pays top dollar. It was not an accident, he didn't hit a dog with a car, he made a concious decision to abuse animals. That is my opinion, I certainly welcome yours
    I was exaggerating with the minimum wage remark to make my point, I apologize. (if you'd seen my last paycheck you'd know I'm really sorry )I too wish that everyone could live happily ever after with their dream jobs, making more than just the rent.
    I also wish that he could get it together but the fact that he commited these acts while in the public eye, in my opinion, ruined his chances to have that one in a million life.
    I honestly respect everyone's opinion on this hot button topic, I can see why people feel one way or the other. What I can't see is why people feel the need to be mean to one another.
    If we can't have a discussion and respect the opiions of others then what is the point? In my original post I was not calling anyone wrong, I thought that maybe Ian and Melanears had taken a comment wrong, that the lives weren't necessarily more important than a human life, but that they were more important than having his dream job. Everyone makes mistakes, we just don't do it while being idolized by children all over the world. But as I said, that's just my
    I love discussions. I respect your & everyone else's opinions, YES this means both IAN & MMouse6937.
    I can see your point about how he & his cohorts treated these poor animals.
    There is no need to apologize about your minimum wage comment- I was using it to express a point and to make you think/rethink your statement. Truely I value your opinion.
    sometimes in the heat of a post someone will make such a sweeping statement that I hope to have them rekindle that thought but looked at from a different perspective.

I agree with you on a number of points. I will NEVER defend Michael Vick for the heinous things he did & was implicitly involved with, especially those concerning the dogs.

I agree with Ian & Pagan (yes the Jet fan agrees with the dolphin fan ) that he was an OK QB.
    I think he will never make the money he made.
    I also hope that he is an example for what people should not do if they aquire wealth.
    I hope he is sorry, remorseful & will do his best to make amends for what he did.
    I still believe that he should be allowed to play in the NFL, to make money. But again I hope he is never idolized by kids or adults.
    I think he has paid a tremendous amount (most if not all of his fortune) and a great amount of wasted time in the federal pen, but only time will tell if he is remorseful.

Remember, it is our humanity that gives us the capacity to forgive, even if we do not forget.

I hope everyone has a wonderful - stress free- day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Ok reading through this post again and I find it quite ridiculous and find it hard to believe that anyone's feelings were hurt. I have seen much worse in the sports forum with going back and forth on certain issues. Nothing in this thread was mean spirited or insulting maybe I am missing something Something that has been stated in this forum many times the rules are a little different here and we allow more back and forth but this doesn't even come close to anything like that.

I whole-heartedly agree with you that things here are on the tame side compared to some other places on the net. However, the comment made by Ian about if Sarah didn't care why was she upset had absolutely nothing to do with the discussion, it seemed to me to be just a way to get in a personal dig. It was rude and ill thought. There was no need for such a comment. That is what I was talking about when I said people being mean. If it seems to bother no one that an INTERCOT staff member would make a personal dig at someone then I am truly saddened. I know that a lot of us can get sarcastic and it can be taken the wrong way but that remark was just snarky and seemed to be said for no other reason than to make someone feel stupid.

Furthermore, we are not capable of judging why something should or shouldn’t hurt someone’s feelings, but we should pay attention if someone say theirs have been hurt.

Teasing someone about their sports team, ribbing about differences in opinion and even disagreements are all to be expected but sometimes things can get carried away. If I, for one second, thought that someone felt attacked or upset about something I had said I would agree to disagree and apologize that they may have taken it the wrong way. I guess that’s just one of the things that makes me who I am.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    I love discussions. I respect your & everyone else's opinions, YES this means both IAN & MMouse6937.
    I can see your point about how he & his cohorts treated these poor animals.
    There is no need to apologize about your minimum wage comment- I was using it to express a point and to make you think/rethink your statement. Truely I value your opinion.
    sometimes in the heat of a post someone will make such a sweeping statement that I hope to have them rekindle that thought but looked at from a different perspective.

I agree with you on a number of points. I will NEVER defend Michael Vick for the heinous things he did & was implicitly involved with, especially those concerning the dogs.

I agree with Ian & Pagan (yes the Jet fan agrees with the dolphin fan ) that he was an OK QB.
    I think he will never make the money he made.
    I also hope that he is an example for what people should not do if they aquire wealth.
    I hope he is sorry, remorseful & will do his best to make amends for what he did.
    I still believe that he should be allowed to play in the NFL, to make money. But again I hope he is never idolized by kids or adults.
    I think he has paid a tremendous amount (most if not all of his fortune) and a great amount of wasted time in the federal pen, but only time will tell if he is remorseful.

Remember, it is our humanity that gives us the capacity to forgive, even if we do not forget.

I hope everyone has a wonderful - stress free- day.

Countless previous trips

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: