Quantcast WDW summer adventure pretrip report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW summer adventure pretrip report

OK, since we are headed to WDW in about three weeks I figured its time to do a pre trip report.

Cast:
    Me, Denise, celebrating 32nd birthday in WDW!
    DS, Collin, 9
    DS, Landon, 7
    DM, Sheila, 57
    DSIL, Annie, 34
    DNephew, Harry, 12
    DNephew, Jacques, 7

Dates:
    June 8th - June 16th

Resort:
    1 night at AKL
    7 nights at CBR in a pirate room!

So this trip started out with just my mom, my two sons and myself. DH has a lot of obligations with the military this summer so no time for a family summer vacation. Then my SIL who had a hard time enjoying her last trip to WDW decided she and her 2 sons wanted to join us. My brother, SIL's husband, hates WDW. I know, what a shamed. So its just us ladies and our little men.

Day 1, June 8, we are leaving home very early in the am and are driving straight through to AKL. We added this extra night just about a month ago since the boys are scheduled to do the pirate cruise at CBR on the following morning. We needed to be in WDW the night before. We picked AKL because it has so much to offer. The kids have no idea where we are staying, they just know its a surprise. We should arrive early enough to let them take an hour swim in the pool, have a quick dinner at Myra and take part in some of the hotel activities. We are hoping to do the firepit story telling, the gift shop parade, and the nightvision viewing of the animals.

Day 2, June 9. We need to be up and headed to CBR early. The boys have to arrive for their pirate cruise around 9am. While they cruise for treasure we'll check us in and explore the resort. We have booked the pirate rooms and the boys are all over the moon about this. The afternoon will probably be spent at the pool, followed by an early dinner at Ohana's and we'll end the day at MK.

Day 3, June 10. Today we are planning to spend the day at DHS, with perhaps a break mid day to go back to the resort for a swim (which will probably be repeated everyday). We'll have lunch at Sci Fi.

Day 4, June 11. Epcot today, with dinner at Garden Grill, a first for all of us.

Day 5, June 12. AK today. We have dinner ressies at T-Rex, another first, for this day. We are going to try to get to DTD a bit early and do the characters in flight balloon "ride". We'll do some shopping at DTD and hopefully have an early night back at the resort for some swimming.

Day 6, June 13. Happy Birthday to ME!!! Today is a sleep in a bit day. We have a late breakfast at Ohana's. We are headed to Epcot today to do the Behind the Seeds Tour and let the kids try the Kim Possible thing. I plan to let my boys each pick an oyster and have something made for myself for my birthday. We have always wanted to get the kitchen sink at Beaches N Cream so we'll try to leave Epcot late afternoon and do that. Then we'll head back to the resort for swimming and maybe have dinner at Shutter's.

Day 7, June 14. Today we are going to MK. We have dinner ADRs at WCC. I have been trying to get dinner at Chef Mickey's, that would be another first for us, but no such luck yet.

Day 8, June 15. Today is our last day and we plan to sleep in a bit and let the kids swim most of the morning. We'd also like to try to rent the water mice today. We'll try to have a late lunch at Wolf Gang Puck Express, another first, then head to DHS for the rest of the day. The day we are going to DHS earlier in the week is not a Fantasmic night so we are going back on this day mainly to see Fantasmic.

Day 9, June 16. Today is a sad day. We pack up and head home. Knowing us, and what usually happens on our departure day, we'll linger around as long as possible. I may try to schedule a breakfast somewhere and we'll do some last minute shopping before hitting the road.

As sad as it is to leave I don't think this time will be too bad. We know we are going to be back in November. That will help soften the blow. Hope you enjoyed reading our plans!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVED reading your plans, my friend! I wish you a most magical time and hope you enjoy all of your "firsts!" I'd keep trying for Chef Mickeys for dinner, there's a chance it will open up. Also, arriving at the podium just at opening has gotten us many an ADR, just a suggestion! Lisa
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you a very magical trip and a wonderful birthday. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing and getting me motivated to do my own pre-trip report! I think you are going to have a fabulous time with all the boys! I can't wait to hear how the Pirate cruise and Pirate room is for the boys! Although, I probably won't hear about it before our trip. We are also staying at CBR pirate room with our DS who is a pirate fanatic!

My DH and I stayed at AKL last October. You and your group will LOVE it there, even for just the one night. I'm glad you're able to spend some time at the resort. It's an experience in itself. My DS has done the parade through the lobby when we were there for Boma on another trip and they got a little certificate. I hope you get a good room - it was very cool to wake up with a giraffe outside your window!

Good luck with all of your plans and getting into Chef Mickey's. It's worth it trying to get into there.

Can't wait to hear all about the trip. Do you plan to do trip reports on the road? I'd love to hear how the room and the cruise is since we get there June 13th. Who knows, we may run into a group of 3 women and 4 boys around Trinidad South and I'll think - that must be Buzznwoodysmom!! (Great name by the way) We're asking for building 35 or 36 for proximity to bus and quiet building.

Have a GREAT trip!!
    °o° Kelly, Mike & Jackson - Nini & Papa °o°
    13 - Dream
    12 - Offsite
    11 - Offsite
    11 - CB
    10 - Disneyland
    09 - Dolpin
    09 - CB
    08 - AKL
    08 - Dolphin
    07 - CS
    06 - PC
    05 - PC
    76-93 - Offsite 6 visits

Post Thanks / Like

Familyofdisneyfreaks,

I won't be doing any live trip reports. I hope we run into you. If you see us (3 woman and 4 boys) stop and say Hi!! We are super excited about the pirate cruise and pirate rooms too. All our boys love pirates so this is a huge treat for them.

We visit AKL on almost every trip and we love it there so this will be a very good surprise for the boys. We are hoping to stay longer one day when DH is with us, but this one night will be a good "get to know the place" experience.

We've eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast on almost every trip, but never for dinner. I've been calling once a week to see if anything opened up. I may start to call every day in about a week. We've eaten at WCC plenty of times and the only reason I booked it was because Chef Mickey's was booked and my nephew requested WCC.

We've requested building 36 as well. My mom suffers from athritis in her knees and the closer we are to a bus stop the better for her at the end of a long day.

Have fun on your trip and I'll be looking for your pretrip reports.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you ladies and your little men enjoy your trip. Your plans sound wonderful. I look forward to reading your reports when you return.

Thanks for sharing!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fantastic plan for a wonderful trip and a happy birthday!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Great plans! Sounds like lots of fun for everyone! Enjoy your Disney birthday!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

On our recent trip we walked past the Garden Grill a coupla times and it smelled great.
    The first time my wife and I agreed to each other how tempting it smelled.
    The second time after inhaling those vapors we just looked at each other knowingly.
    Boy, you sure do build up an appetite walking around Disney.
    So keep eating so nobody gets irritable
    Later

Post Thanks / Like

Great plans for a great trip to celebrate your magical birthday! Enjoy
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time. Can't wait to hear about the pirate rooms.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Great plans!

Looking forward to your reports!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Please see my "Worldwide Adventure" reports.
    Would love to know what you think.
    Thanks.
    see ya

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip is planned! Have a magical time!!
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like its going to be a wonderful trip!!
    hope you all have a lot of fun!!! cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: