Quantcast Best about the contemporary???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best about the contemporary???

DW and I have decided to go with a deluxe resort and stay at the Contemporary. I have always wanted to since my first visit as a child in 1975. We are both very excited, we have booked a tower room. We'd just like to try and learn as much about this resort and everything there is about it. What has everyone liked best about it? November 30th can't get here quick enough, but thank heavens it's on the way!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What has everyone liked best about it?
    How close it is to the MK! Seriously, I miss the walk to the MK from the CR. There were nights where we'd take the walkway to MK just to eat at Casey's for dinner, then go back to CR to hang out. No waiting for a bus, a boat or a monorail if you don't want to!

The other beautiful thing about The Contemporary is the size of the rooms! HUGE!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

We had our first real vacation at the CR, and have gone back repeatedly. We love the wing rooms....the quiet, the privacy, the low traffic....and the convenience....monorail, bus, boat or walk....From our first trip, we took breaks to the room, the pool, or to the game room. Loved the restaurants....will miss Concourse Steakhouse....disappointed by reviews (so far) of the Wave. I loved my morning cup of coffee, walking out on the dock, waiting for someone to join me, so we can make rope drop at the MK....Were all our kids independently wealthy, we would forego the savings afforded by SoG....but since we usually get three or more rooms, cost does matter.

The kids and grandkids loved the game room and quick service at the Food and Fun Center. I think that over the years, our family recycled 90 percent of all the quarters ever minted, and won enough paper tickets to circle the globe 4 times! Loved the pancakes for breakfast, and the Chile Dogs....Haven't tried the Grab and Go, but hope to soon.

I still recall our first sighting of the A-Frame...has seen pictures, but never dreamed it was that big!....Recall meals at The Top of the World....and especially the Sunday buffet..

Go, Enjoy, If you have a fraction of the fun we have had, you will have a wonderful trip.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the walk to the MK is the best. I enjoyed taking a stroll, with my wife, on evenings the park closed early. Walking past the locked main gate and looking down Main Street being the only people in the whole area.
    YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO PASS THIS VAY, NOR SHALL YOU BE THE LAST.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting to Epcot is quick and easy. The first monorail stop is the Transportation and Ticket Center, which means that you'll be on the Epcot monorail in a short span of time after leaving your room. Also, walking back to your room after Wishes at the Magic Kingdom is so convenient because you don't have to wait in a long line for the bus or monorail. Plus, there are several fun things to experience on Bay Lake such as parasailing, and it's all just a short walk from your room. Finally, the rooms are among the largest on property. The Contemporary is one of my favorites. I think you'll enjoy it.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

How cool! We just did that last year. Staying at the CR was a childhood dream of mine since 1976. My wife made my dream come true for me.

Anyway...the BEST thing was the view of the castle at night. We could see it changing colors as we laid in bed. It was hard to sleep!
    Other great perks:
    -Location/monorail. It was great hopping on the monorail to get to the other resorts, the MK, and EPCOT.
    -The walk to MK.
    -The great restaurants (CG & CM).
    -Great room (size, decor)

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Post Thanks / Like

I love being able to walk to and from MK.

And I also love the Water Pageant. It's cheesy and low-tech, but it's just so cool! I just love it!!
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all the other posts, but I must add the cast members at the Contemporary really impressed me when my Mom and sister stayed there. They always greeted us so warmly and offered help with the Monorail and gave stickers to the kids. I really feel the Disney Magic at this resort. I was staying at the AKL at the time and my first impression was to feel sorry for my Mom and sister who couldn't get a room there. I am not a big fan of the modern look. But by the end of the trip I really loved the Contemporary. Plus, the monorail through the lobby is SO COOL!! Not to mention the Cali Grill!!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

After the CR, staying anywhere else will be second best. It may not be the most scenic resort on property, but the walk to MK is one of the most relaxing things I can think of. Being so close to the Monorail is great. Hopefully you were able to get a MK view. Laying in bed and watching the castle is unbelieveable. I wake up in the middle of the night just to look out the window and see the castle. I just can't express how great it is to stay there. Hopefully, hopefully, we will be able to buy into Bay Lake sometime soon...
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We had not stayed at the CR until 2008. My DS had always wanted to, but DW and myself didn't think it looked like all that. Wrong! We loved it! We stayed in a room right above Chef Mickey's. It was so cool to walk out of the room in the morning and look across and see the monorail. Then you look down, and there's Mickey Mouse! For this Disney fanatic, it was a piece of heaven! I also liked watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the balcony. Plus, being able to hop on the monorail to get around has to be mentioned! I just love riding it! All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great view of the castle and my favorite memory is watching the castle change colors in the middle of the night. Also, after watching the fireworks at MK it was very comforting knowing that we could walk home in a few minutes without having to hassle with transportation lines.
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

As the others said being so close to MK was fabulous (I actually had to run back to our room one afternoon, I left the family at the Buzz Lightyear ride,took the monorail and got back to my room in 15 minutes!)
    My Ds was infatuated with the monorails back then and being able to sit in our room and watch them come in and out of the CR is one of his favorite memories (and mine)
    Been there, done that...CAN'T WAIT...going back!
    1971 (YES, 71...tour the trailers that housed the miniatures of the rides, resorts and property), 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 19 and soon....20!
    OVER forty eight years of Disney Dreaming!!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the room decor and soft beds. Also riding the monorail is fun and a good cool down after the parks. Get a tower room for the best views and easy access.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally...some love for The Contemporary!!

Location, location, location...

You have to love the views as well.

There's nothing better than sipping a nice cherry coke (or your drink of choice) on the balcony of your Contemporary Resort room while "Wishes" sparkles over the castle.

Plus you get the monorail...a sweet arcade (yes, I'm 34 and still love playing pinball)...and like folks here have said, an AMAZING set of cast members.

I love this hotel, and I think yer gonna have a blast there.
    We have 999 Happy Haunts here...but there's always room for a thousand.

Post Thanks / Like

Their location, guest rooms, atmosphere, Tower Magic Kingdom View and seeing the Monorail go by on the 4th floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Live4WDW View Post
    DW and I have decided to go with a deluxe resort and stay at the Contemporary. I have always wanted to since my first visit as a child in 1975. We are both very excited, we have booked a tower room. We'd just like to try and learn as much about this resort and everything there is about it. What has everyone liked best about it? November 30th can't get here quick enough, but thank heavens it's on the way!!

i totally agree..I have always wanted to stay there...when i was a kid we'd go and stay off property and as we go to the MK we'd go through the Contemporary. i use to think only celebrities could live there....now as an adult, i still haven't stayed there....i know there are nicer hotels...but if i ever had the money, that's the hotel i'd stay in....
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for all of the folks who watched Wishes or saw the Castle change colors from their room. What level room do you have to stay at to see Wishes? And was the view of the park guaranteed at your room level, or did you just get lucky?
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at the CR in 77 & 78 when I was a child. I wanted to stay since I had great memories from my childhood. We went back last year and it was great to stay there with my children. Location is the best monorail & the ability to walk to and from the park. This year we are going to stay at the Poly but I still keep wondering if we should change the reservation back to the CR.
    Sept 2009 - Poly
    April 2008 - Contemporary
    Sept 2006 - POFQ
    June 1993 - POFQ
    August 1979 - Poly
    August 1978 - Contemporary
    August 1977 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there last Sept. We had booked a standard room and were upgraded to a tower room w/ bay lake view. We LOVED this hotel. Our kids were 2, 5 and 5 and their fave park was MK. It was great to be able to walk there, esp. at the end of the night when the monorail was packed. We were so spoiled by staying here. We had only stayed at value hotels. Not having to deal much w/ buses is the best thing. We just went the beginning of May and stayed at Caribbean Beach and wished we could have stayed at the contemporary. You will love it! The kids loved the waterslide at the pool. I don't think it's the best pool, but it was nice.
    January 1993-Off Property
    September 1996-Dixie Landings (POR)
    September 2006-Pop Century
    September 2007-Pop Century
    September 2008-Contemporary
    May 2009-Caribbean Beach
    Oct/Nov-2011-Wilderness Lodge
    December- 2013--Pop Century
    May 2015--Give Kids The World

Post Thanks / Like

The short trip from MK at the end of the day on the "highway in the sky" -- plus the Grand Canyon Concourse.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: