Quantcast Best Deluxe or Deluxe Villa for Couples w/o kids?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Deluxe or Deluxe Villa for Couples w/o kids?

My wife and I are planning an Oct trip to WDW and we were wondering what the board thinks is the best resort for couples visiting without children. (Like my screen name doesn't give that away...) If you could also suggest room types that would be helpful. (ie Concierge, upgrades, floor, building, etc.)

Poly? GF? CR? SS and ALK always show up for a good price.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly is the best

I vote the Poly, a romantic escape to another world. You may request a preferred building...good luck. My preference in buildings is the Tahiti. From there, you have a panoramic view of Magic Kingdom, as well as Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and the TTC dock. Tahiti has balconies on all 2nd and 3rd floor rooms and the Tahiti is a newer building. A big plus is that the rooms are about 30 square feet larger and the bathrooms have 2 sinks instead of 1 sink at the other buildings. You will enjoy the view of Cinderella's castle, fireworks and the electric water parade each night. I hope this info helps.
    Queen Stephanie
    1997 Allstar
    1998 CBR
    1999 Poly
    1999 Wilderness Lodge
    2000 POR/Vero Beach DVC
    2001 Disneyland Hotel
    2002 OKW
    2003 Poly
    2004 OKW
    2005 OKW
    2006 OKW
    2007 OKW
    2008 OKW & SSR
    2009 AKL & OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Grand Floridian, but I think it's worth considering the Yacht or Beach Club or Boardwalk, a short walk to World Showcase and lots of entertainment around.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My personal preference is the GF, but I would suggest the BWI as well. It's in a perfect location, with lots of entertainment and dining options right outside your door. The club level is very nice and deluxe rooms will give you a view of Illuminations from your balcony. I don't know what your budget is, but garden suites are beautiful as well. They're sort of like little townhouses, with a rose garden and white picket fence as your entrance way. The lower level has a living room, while the upper level has a guaranteed king bed and whirlpool tub. These are considered club level, but the drawback is that you have to go outside and then in a side door entrance to access the lounge.

I've stayed at the YC, which is a little quieter than BC and your chance of a full size balcony is higher at the YC. It was okay, but a big draw for families because of the pool complex. If staying at the YC, I would suggest water view and a room by the quiet pool. Nice choice for adults.

Karen at Your Magical Journeys has some pictures of the garden suite here, http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/K...BWI_GARDEN.htm .
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Beach and Yacht Club. They're somewhat quieter we've always felt and while its not on the monorail you can't beat being able to walk into World Showcase, our favorite part of the entire World.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say the Poly.... very romantic and always seemed very quiet.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion you can never go wrong at the Yacht Club It's my absolute favorite - we've only ever had good experiences there. The concierge level is also very nice. If you do choose to stay there make sure you get a water facing room because it's fun to see the Boardwalk, especially when it's all lit up at night. Enjoy!!
    * Yacht Club * Pop Century * WDW Dolphin * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Old Key West *

Next trip:
    November 2013 Caribbean Beach Resort - Wine and Dine Half Marathon

February 2014 Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Poly Poly Poly! It's so romantic and beautiful as adults....I could think of a million things to say, but I would totally go with garden view or concierge. We've been there many many times and if you have any questions, please PM me as I love to share!!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are great choices, but we LOVE WIlderness Lodge. Its quiet, romantic and beautiful as well. While there are families, there doesn't seem to be as many children at WL as there are at other Deluxe Resorts (at least it doesn't appear to be). The food there is great and as long as you have a woods view it is calm, quiet and peaceful. Plus who wouldn't love to just hop a short quiet boat ride to MK first thing in the morning?

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

Have to put my vote in for the Polynesian

As a matter of fact we will be there in a couple of weeks. (and the kids are having their honeymoon there)

It is very romantic, especially at night. If you request a room in Tahiti you almost have your own private beach. Very quiet...

I can't wait!
    Disneyland '81
    Holiday Inn Maingate '83
    DL Hotel '94
    Paradise Pier '95
    DL AP's '95-'00
    DL Hotel '02
    BC '03
    Poly '04
    BWI '04
    WL '04
    Coronado Springs '09
    Poly '09

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Poly.
    It's beautiful there and the beach is a great place to watch the electrical water parade and fireworks.
    Both Ohanas and Kona Cafe are great places to dine.
    The transportation options can not be beat. There are so many available.

If you click on my name and go to my homepage you can see over 100 pictures of the Poly.
    1990-2000=20+
    2001 - Con
    2002 - Poly
    2003 - Con
    2004 - Poly
    2004 - Poly
    2005 - Poly
    2006 - Poly CL
    2007 - Poly CL
    2008 - Bdwlk Villas
    2008 - GF, Club Level
    2009 - Poly, CL
    2010 - Sept. BCV
    2011 - May BCV
    2011 - Nov. Poly
    2012 - May Beach Club Villas
    2012 - Sept Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

Good suggestions all! Thanks for all the replies! You keep writing, I'll keep reading.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Without kids and if you like the nightlife I'd choose Boardwalk. Plus, you're so close to EPCOT dining options - just steps away!

Post Thanks / Like

We also do not have children (yet!). We prefer to stay at a monorail resort for easy access to fantastic dining and shopping. While we always love the GF, the Polynesian is our favorite overall resort. We just love the lush landscaping, tropical atmosphere, romantic beach, and fun restaurants. And it's great to be able to walk to and from the TTC for the Epcot monorail.

Our favorite less expensive option is the WL. It's a beautiful resort, still provides easy access to the monorail resorts via the boat launch to the CR, and the MK boat transportation is great. We prefer WL over AKL -- while AKL is unique and gorgeous and we love Jiko, we just felt too isolated, almost as if we were not at WDW at all.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest the Beach Club for October because of the Food and Wine Festival. You would only have a 5 min walk to the World Showcase (right between England and France).

You can also take a short walk to the nightlife at the Boardwalk. The resort is beautifully lit up at night and the beach is very romantic.

We spent a week of our honeymoon in a
    BC Villa and it was wonderful.
    Long Live Figment!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good call on staying at an Epcot resort for F & W festival. No resort is "kid free" but if money is no object, try to GF. If you plan to spend most of your time in the parks and not at the resort, then I guess resort choice is not an issue...just a matter of how big a room you want.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for the Beach and Yacht club, the fact of having the world showcase 5 minutes away makes for great night of around the world.(especially during the food and wine festival)
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

For a monorail resort I would choose GF if you want to be pampered and just feel elegant. We usually stay at the WL which is very nice and is beatuful but there are a lot of children and they run up and down the halls with loud voices very early in the morning and sometimes late at night...they're just excited and it's very sweet, but if want to sleep in I think it may be hard at WL unless your in concierge.

I have enver stayed at an Epcot resort so I can't speak to that.
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Default yacht club, water view

we love the yacht club with water view

concierge if it's in your budget

it's so great to walk to epcot, DHS, and the boardwalk plus there are so many good restaurants there!

if not, then GF or Poly!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess which would be best for "you" as a couple with no kids depends in part on which park you like best and plan to spend the most time in.

Also, do you like/need quiet time? Or is the "party" part of the fun for you two.

If you're going to MK most then consider the Poly and GF.

The Poly is by far the quietest resport in all of WDW. it is also perhaps the most naturally scenic and romantic. You would enjoy this resort, no question. The above poster suggested the Tahiti building and I concur--Lagoon/MK view. You can wake up and sit on your lanai, see the sun come up and hear nothing but the ducks.

The GF is spectacular. Beautiful archtecture and grounds--more dining options than the Poly. Good choice too.

If you plan to spend more time at EPCOT (and let's face it, you are going to go pub hopping to the Rose & Crown aren't you?), then any of the EPCOT Resorts are a great choice. They can be as quiet as the BCVs, or as fun as the BWI. Just pick one and go for it.

Enjoy.
    6/74- Offsite
    5/97 - Hilton LBV
    1/04- Offsite
    4/04 - Pop
    2/05 - GF
    4/05 - Poly
    6/05 - MG for 11 at BWV
    4/06 - BCV
    6/06 - MG for 15 at BCV
    2/07 - BCV
    2/08 - BWV (1st time no kids)